PDA

View Full Version : LiveText Update Question

Sportsgram
12-10-2015, 10:00 PM
I am running 2.67 and want to upgrade to the latest version. What can I expect when I upgrade? Is it a simple upgrade that will locate old files for me or is it a complete new install?

I am using a Kris Gurard scoreboard graphics and I am little worried about the impact.

imryh
12-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Hi Terry.

I'm sure Kris will chime in here soon, but here are our experiences:
- There's very little noticeable difference between version 2.67 and 2.81. I definitely would recommend upgrading, but it's not like you'd see anything major changing.
- All your projects should still work, though the "Recent" list in the "File" menu will be cleared.
- From what I've seen over the last few updates, Kris' entire system gets removed when LiveText is updated. We've had to entire re-install LT scoreboards every time, or just copy the LT scoreboards relevant folders to the desktop before the update, and then move them back to the proper folders after the update.

I hope this helps.

Imry

kltv
12-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Hi Terry,

You should be okay with 2.81. I did have one machine that wouldn't connect to the TriCaster with 2.81 and I had to downgrade. I haven't tracked that down yet. As Imry noted, you will need to reinstall my plugin after the LiveText update. It gets wiped out in a LiveText update.

Kris