PDA

View Full Version : Realtime Photorealistic Cafe walkthrough (day 1)

ConjureBunny
12-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Hi,

I'm going to show you how to create a photorealistic scene in Unity using LightWave assets and the Intstant Turntable system. I'm going to do this every day for about a week, then pack up the videos and add them to the next update for Instant Turntable.

First day's video is done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdXeIHCuheM&feature=youtu.be

Please don't worry about it if you don't know your way around Unity. There are lots of Intro to Unity videos out there (I even made a few myself), but really if you just watch these, about two or three days in you'll know your way around it like the back of your hand. It's extremely straightforward.

Questions and criticisms welcome!

-Chilton

mummyman
12-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Way to go! Thank you! Going to watch in a little while.

ConjureBunny
12-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Thank you!

It was longer, but YouTube won't let me post videos past 15m at the moment. So I had to whittle bits down. Probably for the best anyway.

So if I missed anything at all, feel free to ask!

-Chilton

S0nny
12-10-2015, 07:30 AM
Awesome, keep going on!

S0nny
12-10-2015, 07:42 AM
One uber-noob question: there's a specific reason to choose Unity over Unreal Engine or it's just a matter of preferences?

Skonk
12-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Good stuff :) thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

One uber-noob question: there's a specific reason to choose Unity over Unreal Engine or it's just a matter of preferences?

I've used Unity a lot myself, and Unreal a little too.

Unity seems like the better choice if you want to target as many platforms as possible (ios, android, mac os, windows, linus, samsung tv, webgl, ps4, xbox one, wii etc).

I also love coding in C#, which is my main reason for using Unity.

goakes
12-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks Chilton. I have been trying to learn this work flow, so this is wonderful.

kopperdrake
12-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Great guns Chilton - much appreciated! I won't get chance to watch it for a few days, but already your plugin is making people notice stuff we can do - I've a quick stereo 360 VR rendering at the moment, I'm just throwing them at clients and they like what they see. One in particular is keen on the Occulus Rift integration, so it'll be fun to play with this in the next interval between projects :thumbsup:

ConjureBunny
12-10-2015, 11:53 PM
Second video is on the way up to YouTube.

In this one, I um... replace more chairs. And add a bump map where there wasn't one before, because it's pretty.

-Chilton

ConjureBunny
12-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Day 2 sounded like I was drunk, so I redid it this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og35GisIBSA

I sound less drunk now.

-Chilton