PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones in supergirl

rednova
12-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Hi :

I just watched the latest episode of supergirl on tv.
i was surprised to see introduced the comic book hero
Jon Jones. He is one of my favorite characters from the justice
league. He is the last survivor from the planet mars.
Very cool !!!

Ernest
12-08-2015, 01:20 AM
We had been speculating on which DC character he could be for the last weeks. Some people had guessed that he could be the Martian Manhunter but I never really believed that they would use such a high-profile superhero. He's probably bigger than Supergirl herself!

calilifestyle
12-08-2015, 04:26 AM
Not really liking the show. Feels to forced and just can't get over some of the dialogue.

Ernest
12-08-2015, 04:46 AM
Oh, I can't get over almost any of the dialogue but...still... Martian Manhunter!!
And Benoist is just beyond brilliant on the role.

For good dialogues, I'll have my iZombie fix today.

calilifestyle
12-08-2015, 06:08 AM
Do you guys like IZombie. It;s kind of good i have to say. Also i notice lightwave on some of the computer screens, well VoluMedic that is.

Davewriter
12-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Guess I'm too much of a comic nerd.
I told my wife 2 weeks ago that he was the MH.
Which got me a glassy eyed stare. So I had to breakout some comics to show her.
Afterwhice she gave me the same stare.

wesleycorgi
12-08-2015, 09:29 PM
I wanted to like Supergirl. But WTF, can anyone keep a secret identity anymore? She revealed Superman's identity to a co-worker in casual conversation. I liked the Flash, but haven't really watched this season. Then I saw this year's episode with Green Arrow. WTF, almost every casual acquaintance they came upon were given Flash and Green Arrow's secret identity. My wife had to tell me to shut up because I was yelling at the screen about how absurd it was that they were divulging their secret so readily and without repercussion.

And all the super hero movies now, they just can't wait to tear off their masks to reveal who they are.

Jessica Jones is interesting (the one episode that I've seen); I think the lead actress is miscast, but I like the rest of the cast. And I do like iZombie, kind of Buffy meets Veronica Mars.

calilifestyle
12-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Man The Flash and the return of the Trickster. Mark Hamill is so awesome

lightscape
12-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Man The Flash and the return of the Trickster. Mark Hamill is so awesome

Yep that was cool.
Supergirl show super cheesy.

Ma3rk
12-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Yep that was cool.
Supergirl show super cheesy.

... and expect it to get even more so. Can we say Demonic Toys? (I occasionally work on the show).

Dodgy
12-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I thought the MM worked a lot better than the Red Tornado. That outfit was sooo bad. The rest of it was pretty good, and I think this recent episode was the best. Supergirl facing that robber down with no superpowers was tense even though you knew which way it was going to shake out. Melissa is a great Supergirl, I just wish she was a bit more confident and they played that side up less.

calilifestyle
12-11-2015, 06:40 PM
Yeah Red Tornado was so awkward. I like cameos but i feel like having Superman/Dean Cain and Supergirl/Eliza Danvers as the dad and mom just lame.
i agree Supergirl needs more confidences. Right now Melissa feels like she's still playing the same character from her glee days.

oh yeah MM was awesome.