PDA

View Full Version : Chromakey with masks

Tomerson
12-06-2015, 12:37 PM
Working in a green screen studio - I wish there was an option for masking with the livematte.
Masking or an advanced version for the edge with 4 points.

Doing green screen with mask with the livematte can be a great advantage.

SBowie
12-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Can you supply a clearer description of what you are hoping to accomplish? (Images might help.) It sounds like you might be asking for a way to define a garbage matte using a vector shape.

Tomerson
12-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Hi Steve,

When using Ultra Key for example in Adobe premiere CC 2015 - there is a very efficient tool called "Crop".
You can choose a a various way to "mask" the actors on the frame.
Also in Aftereffect there is the mask tool that I can draw above the actor and improve the key with that.

I'm not familiar with vector shape - currently using the regular Tricaster software.
At the livematte currently there are 4 options - Top - Bottom - Left - Right.

Where is the vector shape?

Thank you,
Tomer

SBowie
12-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Where is the vector shape?There isn't one. Normally when you need to remove junk from the frame, the Edge controls suffice. In a pinch, I suppose you could use an M/E layer of KEY to add a bitmap shape of an appropriate color (e.g., green) to hide the unwanted item, the key the M/E instead of the original source.

Tomerson
12-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Thats a great idea !! thank you Steven :)
I will try it out.

JonRaidel
12-17-2015, 07:43 AM
Steve,
I believe this is what I was speaking to you about a month or so ago :)

SBowie
12-17-2015, 07:47 AM
I believe this is what I was speaking to you about a month or so ago :)Actually, this seems to be the reverse of what you asked about Jon - unless I misunderstood you? My impression of your feature request was to be able to define a region that would be excluded from the keyer - so, for example, you could prevent the keyer from affecting specified foreground areas of the key color.

The request in this thread is a more basic garbage matte function.

JonRaidel
12-17-2015, 07:49 AM
ahh. I read it as him wanting to crop the key signal. damn green screen talk

SBowie
12-17-2015, 08:03 AM
damn green screen talkYep - the hardest thing about your request is dreaming up something to call it. I'm glad, at least, that I didn't misunderstand you! :D

kltv
12-17-2015, 10:23 AM
Yep - the hardest thing about your request is dreaming up something to call it. I'm glad, at least, that I didn't misunderstand you! :D

That would be "inhibit mask" on a Grass, if it helps.

Kris

SBowie
12-17-2015, 10:39 AM
Thanks, Kris, that helps a lot.

csandy
01-12-2016, 01:48 PM
If you don't want to copy Belden, how about "Regional Chroma Key". That is pretty descriptive.