PDA

View Full Version : Morph mixer and filter

magiclight
12-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Hm, I assume the "Filter:" parameter at the bottom left of the Morph Mixer is used to filter out what morphs to show ???, but how does it work ? there is nothing in the manual about it and no matter what value I enter nothing at all happens, it always show all morphs, or is it for something else ?

Greenlaw
12-06-2015, 01:03 PM
That is weird. I would think the *.* format refers to [morph set].[morph], so if you had a set of mouth shapes like mouth.open, mouth.close, mouth.ah, etc., typing mouth.* should filter the list to display only these mouth shapes. But you're right, the filter doesn't appear to do anything.

Maybe a bug?

magiclight
12-07-2015, 03:26 PM
No bug, I asked support about and it's use was not what I expected ;) I got the following answer:

"That filter, is tied to the Graph Editor button, if it is set to *.* when you hit Graph Editor button from there, it will open with every channel..."

So you can filter what goes into the graph editor with it.

Greenlaw
12-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Oh, okay...that should be useful. Thanks for reporting back. :)

jeric_synergy
12-07-2015, 11:50 PM
No bug, I asked support about and it's use was not what I expected ;) I got the following answer:
"That filter, is tied to the Graph Editor button, if it is set to *.* when you hit Graph Editor button from there, it will open with every channel..."
So you can filter what goes into the graph editor with it.
?? Is that the entire post?

Please report the lack of reference in the dox as a BUG, which it is. Then BeeVee will know about it and it can be corrected in the next doc release. (Which wouldn't be necessary if LWG would just let us submit open source corrections.)

jwiede
12-08-2015, 03:46 AM
?? Is that the entire post?

Please report the lack of reference in the dox as a BUG, which it is. Then BeeVee will know about it and it can be corrected in the next doc release. (Which wouldn't be necessary if LWG would just let us submit open source corrections.)

Oh c'mon, 95% of users are going to interpret "Filter" as a filter field for the visible list, because that's how such fields work in nigh-all other cases, in LW and other apps. They will NOT expect it as a filter for what gets sent to Graph Editor. Documentation alone is not an adequate remedy for this situation.

jeric_synergy
12-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Oh c'mon, 95% of users are going to interpret "Filter" as a filter field for the visible list, because that's how such fields work in nigh-all other cases, in LW and other apps. They will NOT expect it as a filter for what gets sent to Graph Editor. Documentation alone is not an adequate remedy for this situation.
I agree, but I'm sure LWG is sick and tired of reading my design suggestions, which I suspect are often routed directly to the round file.

This certainly meets the requirements to be designated "Low Hanging Fruit". Label change and documentation coverage, ie almost zero coding.

Also, one of the most obscure functions I've ever heard of.