PDA

View Full Version : Photo-composition : Lamp

breuer
12-09-2003, 07:12 AM
Hi folks

Heres an attempt at intergrating cg into a photograph. I am pretty pleased myself, but would like to hear from you guys if theres anything that stands out and screams in your face : WRONG!!!! or FAKE!!!!

PS lamp model is based on a render i saw in the lightwave gallery by Robinson |Steinke

Breuer

breuer
12-09-2003, 07:14 AM
and another one

tickle
12-09-2003, 08:35 AM
Great work!

The only obvious thing that strikes me is how the lamp cable is
bent in the first picture. Just seems unnatural to me.
That kind of bending may be true for a stiffer cable that have recently been unpacked from the store.
The lamp however does have an older feeling to it.

Keep it up!

mattbolton
12-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Looks good. After a little examination, the shadows thrown by the lamp, especially in the second picture, have a harder edge to them than any other shadows in the scene.

F1Racer
12-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Excellent composition.

Only thing that looks out of place is the shadow of the lamp.
The other objects on the table have blurry shadows and the lamp shadow is sharp in comparison.

Other than that, you'd never know :)

veljko
12-10-2003, 01:36 AM
Great work!

i do agree about the cable-

even so, excelent!:)

breuer
12-10-2003, 03:53 PM
thanks for the comments guys. appreciate it...
I agree with you on the cable, need to work a bit on the texture and gravity o it.
Also I have rendered tis without reflction on plane, so I need to fix that as well. I'll post an update soon...

breuer

sofos
12-10-2003, 06:09 PM
I found the compositing great but...
i think the reflection on the lamp doesnt seem to be right especially on the second pic.
While the light comes from rear we loo a window on the left.
But thats my opinion.

riki
12-11-2003, 03:47 AM
I prefer the first pix, it's blown out but seems more real. The colours in the second seem a bit too saturated, too much contrast.