PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Genoma2 and the ease of use

mummyman
12-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Lino and developers... giving you all big thank you for saving my butt on an upcoming project. I'm not much of a character rigger, being into organic medical work, but my task is to pose (morph and rig) a human model from teen to adult. I also need to fit muscles into the body that deform / pose along with it. ICK. Yup, that's the tedious part. The skin / human needs to match the muscles I already own from Zygote. Those are very detailed, but they have to match certain key poses I need to make. So I'm fitting the muscles into the character, which I was able to rig very quickly using Genoma 2 Biped and tutorial videos. It was very easy and with a couple of tweeks because my character isn't in a "T-pose" I was off and testing. Now I just have to finish fitting the muscles into the character better. It's getting there. So this is only a test image that I can share.. so it's crap for now, but I know it'll work in the long run. 131306

Kevbarnes
12-01-2015, 12:16 PM
So this is only a test image that I can share.. so it's crap for now,

Hi mummyman

Just looking at your image out of interest as I haven't used genoma yet.

But thought your Hip Pivot points were a little high, and also your ankles, but can't quite be sure at this view angle.

--- this may affect your deformation.

Kev :)

ref131307

mummyman
12-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I haven't messed with the hips yet, but I believe the ankles were right in place. Maybe angle messing with it. I'll be sure to test all that. Thanks Kev!

I still have to add bones in there... actual geo-bones to see where things fit. Thanks for the comments! I'll be on this for some time getting things just right. But what a help Genoma is. I even used it to get the muscle layer in position seperate as a preliminary modeling tool. Zbrush is great too...but it's too complicated sometimes. Stick to what you know, right?