PDA

View Full Version : mixing FK with IK booster Daz bones?

prometheus
11-30-2015, 07:24 PM
I have a lot to learn in rigging..You guys may point me to Genoma..sure, I am no expert with it, I am not that fond of it for working fast, though in the end it might be the superior tool..genoma for me is a bit slow when creating the rigs, and hard to see handles and work with them, and then we also got the process off adjusting the genoma rig in modeler first.

So, right now I am testing daz figures...genesis and simply using forward kinematics, but I thought I would give it a go to mix with ik booster, not sure if I am doing it wrong or if that is possible at all.
I could perhaps just load the das figure and not doing anything with forward kinematics..but I want both, but applying IK booster on the daz figure will not work it seems, can not move with ik since there are keyframes from the forward kinematics.

I could wrestle with it a bit..but maybe you guys could answer if itīs possible and what to do...something with the keyframes I reckon? if doable that is.

Thanks.

Michael

prometheus
11-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Hmm..right click on the handles and plugins and select key control perhaps..worked for some parts, but I donīt get it working overall.

Mehh..only seems to work, the joint I choosed seem to have had no keyframe, so thatīs why I could use IK booster on that joint...so the select key control is only to override and use forward controls.

prometheus
11-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Might be tracking it down and solving it on my own, I think I am there, I was importing the fbx with motion plugin, but tried with bake rotations..and that is working.
so itīs working now..
Nice to find it out by myself..need to make a note in the daz-lightwave pipeline thread tomorrow.

magiclight
12-02-2015, 01:30 AM
I had very little problems with IK Booster, I just load the FBX, apply IK Booster, end the IK chains at the hip and shoulders, set rotation limits and set "Fk control" on the parts I don't want to use IK on and go from there.
And if I turn off IK booster and use FK on some parts of the rig to create key frames it still animates nice with the IK animation as far as I can tell, have not tried to do any FK animation before applying IK booster though, maybe that cause problems.

I would think the best is to apply IK booster first and set the parts you want to use FK on to "Fk control" before you create any key frames, the settings done by IK booster are still there so should work fine.

But I have not used IK Booster that much so don't take my word for it, and maybe I got it wrong what you are trying to do (wouldn't be the first time).

Ryan Roye
12-02-2015, 05:55 AM
Here's what I do with FBX rigs:

- Apply IK booster to the topmost item

- Set the upper and lower arms to quaternion (so they'll rotate easily even if gimbal locked).

- IK stop the upper and lower shoulders.

Note that plugins or expressions applied to any item will prevent you from manipulating it with IKBooster directly. The "Motion Plugin" option should not interfere with IKB operation, by the way.

prometheus
12-03-2015, 03:47 AM
I had very little problems with IK Booster, I just load the FBX, apply IK Booster, end the IK chains at the hip and shoulders, set rotation limits and set "Fk control" on the parts I don't want to use IK on and go from there.
And if I turn off IK booster and use FK on some parts of the rig to create key frames it still animates nice with the IK animation as far as I can tell, have not tried to do any FK animation before applying IK booster though, maybe that cause problems.

I would think the best is to apply IK booster first and set the parts you want to use FK on to "Fk control" before you create any key frames, the settings done by IK booster are still there so should work fine.

But I have not used IK Booster that much so don't take my word for it, and maybe I got it wrong what you are trying to do (wouldn't be the first time).

I donīt see any issues with using IK booster IK editing after FK keyframes, that works..and you can also simply use FK editing within IK boosters switch controls.
For me the issue was as mentioned just that I loaded fbx with the motion plugin instead of baked rotations.

jaxtone
01-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Since I have been into the amazing world of DAZ C.A. in good and bad for a while now this thread is a key hole to new possibilities.

By the way, when looking at DAZ features when it comes to C.A. I have become convinced of that this is the way Lightwave shouldīve started 20 years ago.

This thread is awesome!

short223
01-06-2016, 10:59 AM
What I have liked about using DAZ for Character Animations is that it isn't too bad with the pre canned animations for some things (Ani-Mate etc), but what I do like was the fabric / cloth Sim with the Dynamic clothing. I like it when the clothes basically "dress" the Character very well. It is then just a matter of exporting out an MDD file for each section (Body, clothes, shoes etc) to bring into LW attached to an OBJ Export.