PDA

View Full Version : skelegon question

jcisaiah
12-09-2003, 06:29 AM
Hello to all, I'm trying to learn about setting up skelegons and have a question. I have set up a very simple character a man composed of 2 spheres. A ball for the head and a larger oval ball for the body. In modeler I have created a 3 skelegon structure 2 for the body and one for the head. I have set up 3 weight maps, one for the head and one for the upper body and one for the lower body. When I send object to layout and assign the skelegon layer as my bone layer in the bones property panel and then convert skelegons to bones, three bones where created . I assign the weight maps to the right bones and when I go to layout and try to rotate the bones the spheres do not move only the bones meve. It seems I have missed a step the bones are not attached to the model.
Where have I missed it ???
Thanks for your help!!!!

JC

tasmanian
12-09-2003, 07:28 AM
This is probably a matter of placing the skelegons in the right layer. If they are in layer 1, the same one as your object they will be assigned right. If you made them in any other layer you will have to assign them yourself in layout. Select your object, then select bones, if it says (none) you probably have them in another layer than your object. Select item properties en on the top you will see "Use Bones From Object" ... select the layer with the bones and all should work.

Hope this helps...:)

jcisaiah
12-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Tasmanian, It works!!!! Thanks a lot for your help.

JC

tasmanian
12-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Any time... Happy wavin'....:)