PDA

View Full Version : Introduce urself

spr0g
02-09-2003, 05:53 PM
firstly... thank you newtek...
secondly...

this thread is here to let you (old and new) members of the board to introduce urself. just so people can get a hold of who u r, and what you do etc... if you can, link to some photos somewhere of you...
I will start:

Name: Matt Kersley
online alias: spr0g (obviously)
pictures: http://www.linktheweb.co.uk/me/ (mostly me joking round)

[edit]
I just realised how scarey I actually am... oh god help me! PPPLLLZZZ!!!

so go ahead.. introduce urself!

Alec Trevelyan
02-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Nate Howe
aka Valkyrien
aka Alec Trevelyan
Drama major at the University of Hartford
hometown: Providence, RI
pic...

http://uhavax.hartford.edu/nhowe/images/me.jpg

i've gotten a major haircut since that pic, just haven't snapped any pics of myself lately;)

John Galt
02-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Read up on it.

policarpo
02-10-2003, 05:50 PM
you misspelled virtue John Galt. :D

Prosprctor
02-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Providence hu??
Warwick myself, now relocated to the boonies of N. Calif where we just upgraded our phone system to tincans and string:D

Mike_RB
02-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Michael Blackbourn

TD, Furious Entertainment.
Burnaby, BC, Canada.
Recently of 1 Pl, A co, 1-508 ABCT
Fury from the sky!

spr0g
02-11-2003, 02:05 AM
hello peeps.... well done to the ones that have taken part...

lets see how big we can get this thread.... wheres everyone else?

Red_Oddity
02-11-2003, 03:10 AM
Sven Neve
aka Red_Oddity
26 winters old
Utrecht, The Netherlands
curruntly working at Metropolisfilm in Utrecht doing mostly design and modeling for Audi (but i do a lot of other stuff aswell as Metropolisfilm is a production and post-production facility)

Long time Lightwave user (since LW 3 on the Amiga) and i still admire the strong wills of the folk at NewTek for keeping this community going for such a long time, eventhough the competition has become murderous.

Bytehawk
02-11-2003, 05:00 AM
Kurt Dorne
aka ByteHawk
30 winters old

De Panne - Belgium
currently work as assistant manager for a Hotel (www.hoteldonny.com my design and yeah it's got LW graphics)
LW as a big hobby - so big that I haven't got time for anything else. My wish - to be involved in a way with the production of a movie/tv series.

Used Imagine and real 3D on the Amiga, then after a few sabatical years got into LW on the PC.

Skonk
02-11-2003, 05:50 AM
James Allen
22 years young
I live here in the sunny UK
Been using lightwave since version 4, started out in 3d after getting Imagine 4.0 (for dos) free on a magazine.

Currently a student and also doing a bit of freelance work on the side :)

Lightwolf
02-11-2003, 06:51 AM
Well, let me say a bit about myself as well:

Michael Wolf aka Lightwolf.

I've been running my own company for the past 6 years, with plenty of ups and downs. http://www.gadget.de
I've been using LW since 3.51. Occasionally I hack together some plugins in C (Like the Depth-of-filed Custom Object included in LW7.5).
Currently I tend to call myself a TD, but Jack-of-all-Trades is fine as well ;)
Favourite Software: Lightwave, Digital Fusion.
Favourite Movie: Brazil.
Favourite Beer: Cluss (a local brewery around here...)
Favourite Browser: Opera :)

Cheers,

Mike

cathuria
02-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Okay... how does this new forum thingy work....
If nothing else, this is a good enough excuse to try my first post on this thing... Ooh, lookee all the buttons!

Company: Improbable Imagery

I do some part-time bill-paying work, have done occasional work for local architects, but I spend most of my time in unpaid labor learning how to make cool illustrations with digital tools -- hey, I'm middle-aged, I caught the bug, I'm hopelessly addicted. So sue me.

Gee, I can paste in smilies, too:D

Global Hawk
02-11-2003, 08:34 AM
I too wish to thank NewTek for this! Thanks Bob!:)

As for info about me:
I live in Centerville, Utah.
I've been 3D'en for about two years now. Loven' every minute of it! I work for a DoD contractor.
It's great to come to work every day and "play" with my model airplanes, tanks, and battle ships!;)

I'm always getting asked how others get this job. I just grin,:D and tell them it IS alot of hard work.

I find it very nice to be able to say that I like my job!

So anyway, what else needs to be said?
I'm Married, have two kids, a member of the Imperial Forces (see www.501st.com if you wish)

That is about it.

The Great Raja
02-11-2003, 12:52 PM
hmmm, Lets see.

Name : Roger Clow
Aka Admiral Clow, or The Great Raja
Age 37
'Waving since '99 Still slowly getting better.
Hometime: Quincy, IL

Strickly a hobbist, done a few things that I have gotten paid for using it. (Working on a Idea of opening a resturant that showcases 3D Art as well as good food)

Elmar Moelzer
02-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Ok, here is a short description of me:
name: Elmar Moelzer (who would have guessed?)
nick: Skipjack
company: Media Studio Graz (belongs to me and a partner)
Have been a LightWave- user since... hmm hard to remember... well the oldest LW- rendering I found was dated january 1997.
Interests: 3d, special effects, Scifi (because of the special effects), space- and submarine- technology.
music: gothic, metal, classic.
not married yet, but enganged with a wonderfull girl for about 8 years now...

Fasty
02-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Name: Stuart Murray
Online alias: Fasty
Picture: see my avatar!
Interests: celshading, animation, creativity, putting my foot in it at every opportunity :rolleyes:
Web Presence: www.stu-art.net.au

Alec Trevelyan
02-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Prosprctor
Providence hu??
Warwick myself, now relocated to the boonies of N. Calif where we just upgraded our phone system to tincans and string:D

cool, I know some people in Warwick...:)

ted
02-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Past:
18 Years at the NBC affiliate.
Got tired of corporate life, started Ad-Venture Video Productions in 1998 and never looked back.

Hobbies:
Anything Outdoors, add adrenalin and I'm there, Hunting, Backpacking, Skiing, Skydiving, etc.

Family:
Wonderful Wife, (she makes me say that), 24 year old son, 20 year old son, 14 year old Daughter, and a 1 year old Granddaughter.

Live in the country with lots of animals.

I love what I do and enjoy networking with fellow video people. Hence Toast 02-03...

I'm so new to Lightwave, I'm starting with 8.0!;)

Now, who wants a date? Oh, that's another forum.:eek:

CTRL+X
02-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Tom From Arizona

Started in 94 with 3d studio DOS
Hated 3d studio after it went windows, went looking for a new home and found LW5.6

Last real gig: 5 Years designing NASCAR racecars and race related products

Since then Freelance career

And now, went back to college for Computer Aided Drafting and design.

Hopes? To open doors with a one stop shopping firm that handles architectural renderings, media presentations and web services for the Architectural and Mechanical industry. ...using LW of course for those renderings!!!

Keep Wavin'

3danim8d
02-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Hey All,

Just stoppin' in to say howdy and test the new web board.

I've been 3d'n for almost 10 years.

Glad to see the new NewTek boards.

Halsu
02-12-2003, 04:22 AM
Eki Halkka, from helsinki Finland - an old fart at the respectable age of 34

Been doing video stuff since late 80's when it turnet out i won't be making it as a rock star after all ;-)

Started 3D on 3ds r4, went lightwave at 4.0, stayed on ever since.

I work at akmp-program oy, also in helsinki, Finland - surprising, eh ;-)

http://www.akmp-program.fi/

In addition to animating and compositing and stuff, i do LScripts like PlugPak & ModPak, which is spanking new - actually, it's not "officially" even published yet!!

http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/plugpak/

jin choung
02-13-2003, 01:40 AM
howdy all,

hey i started 3d with 3d studio too! v. 4

actually, i get the feeling that a lot of us lw folk like lw because it reminds us of dos apps!

i'm an art monkey at a small game studio in hollywood california. and i get to enjoy the advantages of working at a small place by being able to do everything from concept, model, texture, animate... whatever, whenever, wherever....

saaaaaaay,

we should turn this into a lw dating scene... any ladies out here? how you doin'? hey cutie... haven't seen you here....

i enjoy movies and quiet walks on the beach. women tell me they find me 'disturbingly erotic'.

they tell me that, sometimes just preceded by, 'what are you doing in my house?'

jin

Rory_L
02-13-2003, 04:17 AM
Hello Jin,

I`m Fluffy, an 18yr old blonde nymphomaniac with enormous...

Oh wait, this IS the Lightwave forum isn`t it? And you weren`t falling for it anyway;) Let`s start again!

Rory Little. Pleased to meet you all!

I turned a knee-weakening 37 last December, so by the looks of things, I`m one of the Methuselahs here :)

I too started my 3D career with 3DS4, hated it, hated DOS (bloomin` computery-programmery thing!) and dived mouse first into the Lightwave experience with LW5. 5.6 got rid of those dayglo yellow buttons and everything was peachy from then on!:D

...Until my company defected to Maya:(

I forgive them though! Team 17`s just such a cool place to work (plug plug!) :)

So what am I doing in Tokyo??? Ah, well, that`ll be the wife! The thing about Japanese wives is they tend to live in Japan:D

Aspirations:-

To survive this X Box game and get a homelife back; and to make a video that makes everyone say, "Pixar: who`re they??" Yeah, kind of a looooooooong term goal that one!:)

Nice thread: cheers!

R

Dodgy
02-13-2003, 05:47 AM
Hey all,
Well, just after Rory, I'm Mike Green (age 28), another Team17-er, been there now for 6 years, so that says how enjoyable it is to work there! Even though we defected to Maya, I use Lw for my modelling testuring and some animation, then convert it using Deep exploration. I do pretty much everthing here animation, texturing and modelling, and I've done a degree in Computer Science and Maths (but I decided I'd much rather draw!), so I'm another jack of all trades. Even written a couple of Lscripts for you all (MG springythingy, available free on www.flay.com, check it out!).

Currently I'm working on the new Worms, which has gone 3d on us, you can see pics and things at www.team17.com. I've built and textured weapons, done some animation and other things, but at the moment I'm on weapon particle effects. Fun fun fun!

Lightwolf
02-13-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Dodgy
I do pretty much everthing here animation, texturing and modelling, and I've done a degree in Computer Science and Maths (but I decided I'd much rather draw!), so I'm another jack of all trades.

Hi Mike!

...you even read all the other bios. :)

3dnewbie77
02-13-2003, 08:29 AM
Jason Sanders
Alias - 3dnewbie77 / Sandman / Jano - after Mortal Kombats Kano(I have titanium in my face (long story))
Anderson, South Carolina
I'm 25 winters old

I am new to lightwave and 3d in general just tring to learn new skills. I am in network suppot right now finsihing up on a A/S degree and soon on to ITT for a degree in Multi-Media/ 2D /3D. Check out my screen icon on the left, so hello to the Wolverine(not my best work just a quick mouse skecth.
Favorate thing to do is watch Manga anima - DBZ - Spriggan - G Gundom

Peace,
J.S

Dodgy
02-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Lightwolf
Hi Mike!

...you even read all the other bios. :)

Hi wolfy :)

Well, it's only polite :)

Matt
02-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Trevelyan, those are some crazy eyebrows man!!! ;)

Matt
02-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Hey Dodgy

Do you know Gareth Edwards? He used to work at T17, now works with Marcus Dyson at eleventeenth.

Matt
02-13-2003, 12:38 PM
Might as well join in . . .

Name: Matt Gorner
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK (born in Leeds, West Yorkshire though)
Occupation: Product Designer for Creactive Design (http://www.creactive-design.co.uk)
LW Experience: 5 years off and on, much more intense last 2 years so my renders don't look as good as they should! Mainly use LW for visualisation / animation of products we design.
Hobbies: Mainly DJing, for a sample mix check this thread (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59), computers, cycling, beer!
What do I look like:

Lamont
02-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Hmmm...

Lamont G.
Game artist in So Cal. (San Diego... big whoop..)
My pic is the avitar. The lovely lady on the left is my Fiance Lumiko.

Videogames, videogames, art, sleep, videogames, draw, draw, work, videogames, art, art and art. That's my day.

Anime, Videogames, 3D, Cartoons (Invader Zim), DDR and other Beamani...

I've been on Lightwave since 5.0. Use it so much, I starting to get sores.

ted
02-13-2003, 03:03 PM
Lamont, you left out the most important part of the day, er, night!

Lamont
02-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Night?

It's everything but "work" and DDR. http://www.digitalweapon.net/2.gif

mufty
02-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Hello all, I like the new forum format :) Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Name: Richard Green
Occupation: Currently unemployed, but I'm hoping to be a Mapping and Charting Officer if everything goes okay next week.

I've had an interest in all things 3D for about 10 years. POV-Ray got me hooked, but it wasn't until I got Inspire3D a few years ago that my interest deepened. I've used LightWave since version 6.5, but only as a hobbyist.

creach
02-13-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey there! How are ya? Anybody here from out of town??

This thread seems to only favor LWers, so far. And I guess I'm the exception.

Dan's the name, Toaster's the game. I'm brand new to Newtek, and totally amazed by the community, the company, and the products. Toaster kicks butt, and I hope it's not too long before the rest of the world realizes it.

Anyhow, I'm a middle aged shmo, that formerly had a great career as a live music engineer. Got married, and now I edit commercials for a CBS affiliate in Idaho.

The more I get into VT[2], the more I like it...now if I could only free up some time to get my chops together with Aura!

Thanks, y'all!

Dillon
02-13-2003, 09:56 PM
Greetings,

I'll do a small intro..

Former LightWave teacher at Academy of Arts College. Been using LightWave since 96 when I purchased the video toaster (amiga).

I also make video/film. Currently back in school to get my degree in film. Mixing 3D with live footage is awesome :)

I live in San Francisco, CA. I'm 31. I'd post a pic but this isn't a personals thread, is it? (I'm single - hahaha!) Happy Valentines day ya'll. :D

Any other wavers in San Francisco - There are two LightWave users groups in the bay area, so there has to be!

Dillon

Lamont
02-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Ha!! I went to that school for a year... They didn't teach Lightwave at the time only Maya.

novadesigns
02-13-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey this is pretty cool!

Name: Wes Chilton
Occupation: TD at DNA Productions (Really I'm a modeler, but they don't know that! ;))
Additional: Long time admin at The Lightwave Group (www.lwg3d.org) Stop by and say hello!

I've been Lightwaving since version 6, but don't hold it against me ;):p

Good to know all you guys! :D

spr0g
02-14-2003, 02:08 AM
wow... people are actually taking part... hehe

keep em coming peeps... lets see how big we can make this :D

Dodgy
02-14-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Matt
Hey Dodgy

Do you know Gareth Edwards? He used to work at T17, now works with Marcus Dyson at eleventeenth.

I know OF him, didn't really get to know the Multimedia guys.. I'm much more familiar with Marcus and Amanda..

Dodgy
02-14-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Matt
Hey Dodgy

I know OF him, I didn't really know those Multimedia guys. I knew Marcus and Amanda a little bit better...

Rory_L
02-14-2003, 05:06 AM
Oh, I know who you mean now. Soon as Mike said Multimedia it clicked. Yeah, I know Gareth, but haven`t seen or spoken to him in aaaages. Hope he`s doing all right. Wonder if he remembers me. Say hi from Rory if you see him!

R

whattawa
02-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Hey Global Hawk in Centerville! I'm in Draper!

Hey Dodgy, thought your name sounded familiar. Haven't heard from you in a while. Worms!!! Too cool.

Guess I better introduce myself so people know what I'm talking about!

Name: Josh Darling
Occupation: Jack of all trades at DAZ Productions, but mainly specialize in using LW to get things done

Been using LW since a little while before 6 came out and would have dropped it if 6 hadn't been such an improvement. Of course, 7 was an even bigger improvement. If they keep this up, 8 will knock our socks off!

Dodgy
02-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by whattawa
Hey Global Hawk in Centerville! I'm in Draper!

Hey Dodgy, thought your name sounded familiar. Haven't heard from you in a while. Worms!!! Too cool.

Hey dude. I'm always reading these forums, even if I don't have time to post...

I must say I love DAZ edgebevel, very nice plugin mate!

electropulse
02-14-2003, 09:04 PM
hello all,

just noticed that NT made some serious updating, pretty cool I must say.

anyway it's great to see this happen.

oh, btw I am the webmaster at Electric Pixel which used to be a LW news site but I'm switching gears and making it into a personal site.

also, nice to see some of the ppl from other lw forums too.

thanks for your time.

Frank..

Meaty
02-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Name: Chris Moschella
Occupation: Animation, Visualization, Video editing, and general multimedia for a defense contractor
Hobbies: Lightwave, Art, billing time to the government while I browse the Newtek forums, lifting, running, football, basketball, and of course, videogames =]
Waven since 5.6
Undergrad Degree in Philosophy

A pic of me in D.C. last may after i finished the Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day walk!

http://www.deadpixelsociety.com/walk1.jpg

grr... webserver is down, should be back soon

JohnD
02-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Hey Newtek,
Love the new site and forums. Great new look. Now for the boring stuff:

Occupation: Senior animator for motorsports advertising agency. Do 3d stuff for tv commercials, dvds, cable shows.
Hobbies: In the middle of making a 10min. flic when not at work. My God, I think I'm going blind.

Great to know you all. I've seen alot of you on CGTalk. Have fun. Ciao.

Heimhenge
02-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Oh ... so that's why my bookmark didn't work. It's a whole new forum. Geez ... you don't visit for a couple of weeks and they change everything!

Dan Heim
New River, Arizona (30 miles north of PHX hiding in desert)
Educational Multimedia (science and math stuff mostly)

Still learning LW7 so I haven't got the upgrade yet. Done what I could with Premiere and After Effects and was looking to move up one dimension. I'd say I'm somewhere around 2.5D right now.

Meshbuilder
02-15-2003, 06:36 AM
Great thread, here is my info.. :)

Name: Pär Mostad
Online alias: Meshbuilder
Born: Kristinehamn, Sweden
Location: Bollnäs (the only good comming from this boring town would be Steven Stahlber)
Occupation: Curently working as a 3D artist, Dahlström Media Group
Interests: 3D, Mac, girlfriend, movies, music, friends, games, party
Picture: http://www.vinyamar.com/~darkeden/meshbuilder/images/me.jpg (me happy and drunk) ;)
Music: Danny Elfman, Ennio Morricone, The Soundtrack Of Our Lives
Waving since: 5.6, also used Maya for a year..
Favourite Beer and Drink: Guinness, White russian

-FP-
02-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Frank•• Panucci, turned 3D pro in '98. I try to check in here at least a couple of times a month. Just finished up four years animating kids' educational TV, will return to that later in 2003, currently illustrating a LEXX comic book, for which I modeled ships and some sets in Lightwave, to be cel-shaded for integration with the characters . . .
http://www.frankpanucci.com/gallery_pages/2D/Comics/MOTH_01a.jpg

Aquaman
02-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Name: James Pontones
Occupation: In the summer months I work commercial construction in Anchorage, Alaska then come back to Florida in the winter months and work as a computer technician.
3D Credentials: None really, I'm strickly a hobbiest. I got into 3D many years ago with Real3D. I never really grasped that program and got out of 3D for a few years. Now I've started back into the 3D realm with Lightwave and am loving every minute of it.
Interests/Hobbies 3D modeling and animation, scuba diving, kayaking, photography, long range riffle competition, and IPSC hangun competition.

John Fornasar
02-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Born & Live: Brooklyn, NY

Using LW since 4.0, about 1995 or so...

I use LW on the job for technical presentations, at home for my own stuff...

Interests: Music (played rock for too many years), video production, loads of other stuff...

Occupation: Training Supervisor at a major metropolitan energy utility
best part of job: being able to use LW, producing videos and Computer-based training programs, using my own music as backgrounds, and getting paid for it at a formerly very straight, conservative fortune 500 company. Heh, the 60's and 70's still rock (at least in my mind!!!)

and a brief note about Lightwave and Newtek... my company would have bought me any and all 3D programs I wanted... I chose LW for its great modeling, rendering and completeness.

Now, if I can just find some time, I have to figure out Aura...

lone
02-16-2003, 11:21 AM
hi everyone.

greg lemieux
over-the-hill
technical analyst at a would-be financial monopoly
about six months practice with Lightwave
sci-fi/horror/cult/action/comedy films
sci-fi/horror/subversive literature
metal/industrial music (highly recommend CHEVELLE)
art/writing/PC games/flicks/tunes/books
would like to work in films or games

LIGHTWOLF: BRAZIL is #1.

MEATY: philosophy, eh? post-modern or ?

haven't picked a good quote or an avatar, yet.

Meaty
02-16-2003, 05:49 PM
Lone, I did a bit of post modern... a semester called politics and aesthetics, not a real fan of Adorno =]

OH, Chevelle, they are amazing. Yes, formula hard rock, but they break the mold in that it is obvious that they are not over produced, and undeniable emotion in the music and great lyrics/imagery... 'like a leech i hold on as if we belonged to some precious pure dream'.... 'broad is this sea, the salt enters the wounds' ROCK ON!!!! First CD I have bought in ages is their new one, Wonder What's Next. You recommend their first one?

ldituri
02-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Louie Dituri, Computer Connection
Stockton Ca.

We have been a Newtek Dealer from the pre Toaster days to the present and haven’t missed a beat.

I still love using and selling Amiga computers to this day.

Use the Toaster everyday and just finished my first three LW3D animations models and all. I can’t seem to pull away from LW great fun and awesome tool.

I’m a big time New York Yankee fan.

And I love driving my Honda S2000 on twisting hilly roads and hitting 9k on the tachometer.

joschy
02-17-2003, 11:35 AM
hello wavers,
this is joschy
Name: Jochen Hanisch
software: switched from 3D Studio to
MAX and than I was glad to
find LW. LW since 1997
Director, MatchMover etc.

company: Capture MM in Aachen
germany, most 3D stuff are
done...
http://www.capture-mm.de

I was founder member of that company.

hobbies: keep the company alive, no time for anything else :D

Great new site NEWTEK, love it.

It´s time to drink a glass of wine :o

vangaans
02-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Name Paul Van Gaans
Age 40
Location Australia (and no, I do not have any kangaroos in my backyard)

Occupation: Freelance 3D, Illustration, editing, compositing, CD Rom etc

Long term goal: to focus purely on animation

Web: www.vangaans.com

vangaans
02-17-2003, 07:22 PM
sorry...clicked twice

Merlin
02-18-2003, 09:53 PM
name: Neal Holman
BFA Digital Media, Univ. of Georgia
job: finishing up my first month, working on Cartoon Network's "Sealab: 2021", asst. designer

hobbies: writer/actor for UGA's award winning sketch comedy show, "The Silly Spider Monkey Fiasco." (we won an award that was a wooden bowl! Given to only... 250 other shows in america ... seriously...)

been using LW off and on since 5.5, didn't get deep into it until past year and a half when finishing up school. Just bought a copy of my own for graduation and am looooooooving it. Love the new boards/site.

Neal

gareth
02-19-2003, 07:50 AM
name: gareth morgan (i'm not welsh)

job: full time loser

hobbies: see above

motto: never get a job in 3d

first saw lightwave at version 5, bought lightwave at version 6, eagerly awaiting version 8.

nice to meet you all :D

lone
02-21-2003, 07:33 AM
MEATY: thanks for the clue, i thought WONDER WHAT'S NEXT was the first album. picked it up yesterday, harsher, more experimental, but yeah, i like it. GUITARS!

while i'm here, i just want to give a quick shout-out to JOHN GALT.

Meaty
02-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by lone
MEATY: thanks for the clue, i thought WONDER WHAT'S NEXT was the first album. picked it up yesterday, harsher, more experimental, but yeah, i like it. GUITARS!

while i'm here, i just want to give a quick shout-out to JOHN GALT.

Cool, I think I will pick it up today. Thanks. I hope they don't fade into obscurity, they seem to have something special.

doc_roswell
02-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Name: Matt Maxwell

User since: 1998, LW 5.6. And i'll never go back! You can't make me! Well, except maybe to use Macroform...

There's a lot of faces i recognize from the old site, obviously, though i've been pretty quiet of late. I was employed as animator at Netter Digital back when they still existed (and i wasn't a father) and worked on _Max Steel_ and _Dan Dare_ while i was there. There's lots of great things to say about working in LW professionally, but there's a lot of headaches that come with it as well.

Currently trying to get back into doing regular LW work so i don't get any rustier than i already am (which is pretty badly rusted.)

Nice to be back.

-Matt

Quicksilver
03-02-2003, 12:10 PM
hi there.

my name is Bond...James Bond.
(I always wanted to say that...:D
anyways, my name is George Lampropoulos)

Job :jack of trades... commerce mainly.

Interests: My computer,3D graphics,lightwave,hating microsoft,women,fitness,playing Streetfighter and Turrican!!

Kinda new to lightwave, looking ways to improve my skills, tutorial maniac, 3dwizardwannabe.

To newtek:
It was love in the first sight form me...as soon as I saw that cool looking GUI I immediately realised the beaty of your program.
Thank you...Keep up the great work.

Ravenloff
03-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Quicksilver?

Didn't you just piss off a ton of people with your release of Masters Of Orion 3?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Scott McGlasson is my name. I run a budding game studio known as Codex Studios. CS is a combination of smaller gaming studios from around the country and even a couple overseas. We are currently working on a vehicle-centric, first-person-shooter entitled, "C3" and you can check us out at http://www.c3command.com .

We currently have four Lightwave modelers working for us, but are looking for a dedicated player modeler. Someone who can take our exceedingly detailed concept pieces and breath life into them.

If you can construct and animate human-style player models with a 3000 poly cap, we need you.

We are using Garage Game's Torque Gaming Engine and the exporter we are using functions flawlessly.

If interested, please get a hold of me at [email protected] or ICQ 31755478.

No inquiries under age 18 please.