PDA

View Full Version : Genoma 2: No FK Arm Control

haroldini
11-30-2015, 10:09 AM
I'm starting to rig my first character. It's a fairly generic biped so I thought I'd try the genoma 2 preset first rather than start from scratch.

For the most part it works fine, but there is no FK control on the arms. Changing the switch does look like it changes from IK to FK, and the IK works fine.

However, manipulating the FK controls doesn't move the bones. I read that genoma 2 can have issues with multiple rigs because of expressions, but there's only one rig in the scene so I imagine that's not the culprit, but then again it is my first time doing a rig.

Also side bar, the character I'm rigging is in the A-frame pose and whenever I update the rig it moves it to T-frame. More of an annoiance, but didn't know if there was a fix for that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

RebelHill
11-30-2015, 01:01 PM
No idea, dont see either of those problems here. However, there can occur a problem with G2 if you dont use a flat Tpose for the base which see's wrists stray from their goals under IK operation, so its best to avoid that if you can.

haroldini
12-03-2015, 08:59 AM
Alright. Thanks for the help. I might give it another go hooking up the base rig from scratch. maybe I deleted something on accident.

I'll keep that about the T pose in mind with genoma 2 next time.

Also while I might still have your attention RebelHill, I posted in your RHRigging Training (which is incredibly awesome) thread about the head/face rigs from the older version of the training. I only have the most recent iteration of the training and I couldn't seem to find them anywhere in the provided files.

stib
01-14-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm having this problem too. If I apply the Human_Rig preset from the G2_Bipeds folder to a basic t-pose rig I get IK arms, but no FK. The switch is there, but rotating it doesn't do anything. I tried the demo in the 2015 Content and it worked, so I tried saving the rig out of that into the Genoma presets, and that did the same thing: IK but no FK.

Here's the scene and the object 131896

Mr Rid
09-28-2016, 06:07 AM
I encountered the same 'arm FK' problem too, when using Genoma2 biped rig for the first time. Autokey must be enabled for FK to work on the shoulders. I usually dont prefer to have autokey on.

When I load the "Human_Rig" scene that comes with 2015_New_Features\Genoma2\Human_Rig\Scenes, I cant move anything without autokey enabled. I randomly encounter this problem in other scenes. I would love to know what causes it.

RebelHill
09-28-2016, 06:52 AM
Its normal... many of LWs constraints only work in autokey mode.

Mr Rid
09-29-2016, 06:01 AM
The problem is sporadic. A scene may be working fine, then I load it one day and suddenly nothing will move, even if I merely add a null to the scene, it wont move without autokey. Sometimes I close and reopen, then the scene works again, but not always. Sometimes it occurs after a 'load from scene.' LFS sometimes causes odd problems, like object pivots move or rotate on their own, or the newly loaded objects parent themselves to other objects for no reason.

But I am wondering if anyone is getting the shoulder FK to work without autokey?

Ryan Douglass
11-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Remove any spaces from your rigs object file name and replace them with underscores. I had the same issue but this has since been fixed by making this change as the spaces break the expressions linked to the IK/FK. You do not have to use autokey however it is best as it gives you a real-time view when you move the controllers. Otherwise create a key, and then scrub the timeline to view the updated position. Hope this helps!

Mr Rid
04-27-2017, 12:29 AM
I am trying this again, and now I cannot get the arm FK to work at all. Autokey does not help. And there are no spaces in the names. I can only get IK to work for arms.

And what specifically do I change in order to have a second Genoma rig work after loading-from-scene? I read somewhere to rename the expressions, but they are already named differently in each scene. It looks like items need to be renamed instead. Needing multiple character rigs in one scene seems like a common enough occurrence that there should be an automated fix by now.

RebelHill
04-27-2017, 02:49 AM
Both rigs need independent naming... items, expressions, etc.

Mr Rid
04-27-2017, 08:49 PM
With only one Genoma rig in scene, I used MGRenamer to add a single letter prefix to all objects and bones. After I save and reload scene, the arms IK is hosed. The arms wave around for no reason without keyframes on anything. The rest of the rig seems to be working. If I start over and rename all objects only, but leave bone names alone, same problem occurs.

So how do you get two rigs in one scene?

And how do you get FK to work with the arms?

RebelHill
04-28-2017, 06:07 AM
Thats because the renamer you're using doesnt update the references to those names in the expressions, and LW isnt doing it' thing of updating the expression refernces because it's not registering the rename events.

Items need individual names between the 2 rigs... expressions operating on those items need to be individually named, and the name references to given items within those expressions need to be the correct, individualised names of the items for those given expressions.

Or... yknow... RHiggit vvv

Mr Rid
04-28-2017, 09:04 AM
So Newtek could not conceive of anyone ever wanting to animate more than one Genoma character in a scene.

I tried the free RHiggit and it did not work well for reasons we have been over before. It has to work with high res, realistic human meshes, and not just goofy cartoon characters. And yes, LW requires extremely high res meshes for realistic rendering, to avoid inherent shading errors like I have illustrated in other threads- http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?86479-smoothing-not-working The only way to fix it is to subD the crap out of it.

RebelHill
04-28-2017, 09:15 AM
No, LW doesnt require very high density meshes for realism... its one approach, but not the only one. Also... LW is particularly bad at deforming high res meshes well... dont care what rig system you use or even building a rig from scratch, high res is hard to manage. Either way... I guarantee you, you'll get FAR better control over deformation from RHiggit than you will genoma.

lino.grandi
04-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Please refer to this post to solve your issue:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148787-Genoma-2-multi-Character-issues&p=1457320&viewfull=1#post1457320

So Newtek could not conceive of anyone ever wanting to animate more than one Genoma character in a scene.

Mr Rid
04-28-2017, 09:35 PM
Please refer to this post

Thanks!

lino.grandi
05-03-2017, 04:21 AM
Sure!