PDA

View Full Version : I lost skelegons in LightWave Modeler 10.1

Rizwan
11-29-2015, 10:18 PM
NewTek - Lightwave 10.1, Loss of Skelegon Tools - Again1

Hi!
RE: The “Create Skelegons,” “Edit Skelegons,” “Rotate Skelegons,” tools have disappeared and all the Inverse Kinematics (IK) tools in LightWave Layout have also disappeared. They are not greyed out, but just gone.

1. In 2013 ‘Pinkmouse’ was gracious, and indicated that I could recover my lost sub-menu/Toolbar by going to Library/ Application support/Newtek/Lightwave “your LW version number’ and deleting the folder named configs). Prior to doing that I had to ‘unhide’ my files in Lightwave! This worked!!!

2. Now in 2015:
And once again, I have lost the sub-menu/ tool bar, and cannot:

a) unhide the files in Applications/ Lightwave 10.?/Support/.…
b) Find the configs folder (the web based ‘unhide’ program - Reveal -maybe has not been able to show the hidden files, or the configs folder has been corrupted, including the file name!
c) Delete the ‘configs’ folder

Please note that other suggestions to simply add the ‘buttons’ has never worked!
I would appreciate any help to solve this on-going problem.
Thanks.

Rizwan

vector
11-30-2015, 12:18 AM
Not sure what happens but I also lost menu items. I had to save my own cfg and reload it again when it happens

meshpig
11-30-2015, 12:23 AM
... hold down the Option key, then choose Go > Library in the finder menu. The cmod command to permanently unhide it gets wiped after a permissions repair and El Capitan has auto/self correcting permissions. Better to just reload the plugins and sort the menu out.

Rizwan
11-30-2015, 10:06 AM
I am running a Mac osx version 10.7.5 Lion

Rizwan
11-30-2015, 07:10 PM
I unhid the Library folder like meshpig suggested and I found the Light Wave sub folders. Deleted the config file and it did not solve the problem.

meshpig
11-30-2015, 10:30 PM
I unhid the Library folder like meshpig suggested and I found the Light Wave sub folders. Deleted the config file and it did not solve the problem.

Did you reload the xGon plugin?

Rizwan
12-01-2015, 11:01 AM
I have found the tools under Edit> Edit Menu Layout then I had to change the configure preset.

meshpig
12-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Find the xGon plugin /Plugins/Animate and if it's not loaded load it. Then find it in the edit menu pane and drag it across to where you want it :)