PDA

View Full Version : vertex map alpha channel greyed out

dblincoe
11-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Does anybody know why my vertex alpha channel is greyed out or how to add the ability to paint into the alpha channel of an existing vertex map. I really don't want to have to re-paint these vertex maps but a lot of these maps don't have alpha channels enabled. Don't know why?

Simon-S
11-27-2015, 03:22 PM
The colour map was probably created as an RGB map rather than an RGBA. If you load the object in 'Vertex Paint' (under Map/Vertex Paint) you can change the map from RGB to RGBA and then 'save to modeler'.

dblincoe
11-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks Simon-S. You got me most of the way there. It is confusing because after you save it makes a new vertex map of the same name. After you go into Vertex Paint and change to RGBA you also have to paint an alpha in order to keep the current vertex color info make sure you change the mode from replace to add and you can just add alpha info.

Thanks again. Will save time!!!

Simon-S
12-08-2015, 07:42 AM
Yeah it is a little confusing - it does create a new one of the same name but the old one is not actually there, it just hangs around in the list. If you restart lightwave the old map will no longer be there.