PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed :Breakdown for Comp with Shadow Catcher

pinkmouse
11-26-2015, 05:13 AM
So, here's what I have:

I'm inserting a display board into some tracked video. In the tracker I extracted some textures to use as rough reflection and shade cards, (obviously set as unseen by camera), and a ground plane Shadow Catcher. I've also set a little reflection on the SC as it was a very overcast rainy day with lots of blurry reflections on everything.

Initially, I just set Background Only radiosity, colour matched to the sky, as it was quicker to render than using a dome, but soon realized this wasn't giving me anything on the SC poly, (obvious really when you think about it, no light, no shadows! ;) ).

So, as my first real experiment in EXRtrader and Fusion, I'll be rendering this out in layers, but am a little stuck when it comes to the SC. I don't want it to pick up the shadows of the cards, only the display board, and can't see an easy way of excluding them from the render. Should I be looking at doing this in two render passes one with, one without? Should I even be looking at even more passes, am I foolish in thinking I can just do it with two? How would you go about this shot?

Any advice will be gratefully received! :)

Sensei
11-26-2015, 05:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vXIwUyrupo

pinkmouse
11-26-2015, 06:24 AM
Cool trick, thanks.

pinkmouse
11-29-2015, 03:05 AM
Bump! :)