PDA

View Full Version : particles dont show up?!?!?!?

cusis
03-06-2003, 03:28 PM
ive created an emmitter on a moving object, and when i slide the frame bar thingy across the animatoin plays fine, and the particle fly around etc like i want them to..

but when i render the animatoin the particles dont show up?!!

can any one tell me wat im doing rong?

thanks all the best.. you guys rock!

hrgiger
03-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Cusis,

you have to surface your particles. Use hypervoxels.

mmecca
03-08-2003, 04:46 PM
could also be that you havent given them a target to 'emit' towards

cusis
03-11-2003, 04:19 AM
ive tried to use hypervoxel particles, but therer no properties pannel to do anything, so nothing happens there :(

waht did you mean by setting the particles some where to show or target?

tnx for all the help gys :)

hrgiger
03-11-2003, 08:03 AM
No properties panel? You couldn't ask for a bigger one. Click on hypervoxels and then double click the emitter under the surfaces panel. You should have a whole list of attributes to change.

Elmar Moelzer
03-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Hey Cusis!
You have got to launch HYpervoxels from the Volumetrics- panel!
The csutom- object- handler has no interface and should be added automatically once you have activated the emitter in the Hypervoxel- panel (the one in the volumetrics- panel).
CU
Elmar

colkai
03-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Poisionally <g> I just click on the "show particles" to see 'em.
One thing you should check though is how ya particle display is set up. If your on "automatic" and it's a heavy scene, you may find LW cutting back on what it is showing. Sometimes ya just gotta take the hit to check the scene out properly.

-Colkai

Red_Oddity
03-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Sighh...don't people search posts anymore?

The solutions is very simple and the problem has been tackled a gazzilion times by now.

SAVE your particle date to PFX file.

Here goes:

1 Tweak your emitter till your satisfied.
2 Press the FX_Start button.
3 When it's done computing, open up your Particle emitter properties, go to the 'File' tab, press 'Save motion', type in name, done.
4 Save scene and files, render...voila...