PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Thanksgiving Gifts from NewTek!

DrStrik9
11-17-2015, 07:30 PM
I just received an email announcing a "Special Thanksgiving Gift" of both Nevron Motion AND Chronosculpt (for 2015 customers) -- ! ! !

The email says the products won't be available for up to 24 hours, but will appear in your LW Account.

THANK YOU NEWTEK, and happy thanksgiving! :+)))

--

This is big stuff for me, as I was wishing I could afford Chronosculpt. Christmas comes early this year.

shrox
11-17-2015, 07:35 PM
I just received an email announcing a "Special Thanksgiving Gift" of both Nevron Motion AND Chronosculpt (for 2015 customers) -- ! ! !

The email says the products won't be available for up to 24 hours, but will appear in your LW Account.

THANK YOU NEWTEK, and happy thanksgiving! :+)))

--

This is big stuff for me, as I was wishing I could afford Chronosculpt. Christmas comes early this year.

Me too, sweet!

seghier
11-17-2015, 07:37 PM
yes i got the email
thanks to newtek ; but i don't find any licenses or link in my account ?

DrStrik9
11-17-2015, 07:43 PM
yes i got the email
thanks to newtek ; but i don't find any licenses or link in my account ?

The email says the new stuff should show up within the next 24 hours.

seghier
11-17-2015, 07:48 PM
thanks ; i wait :)

lightscape
11-17-2015, 07:56 PM
That's cool! Didn't get an email.

wyattharris
11-17-2015, 08:08 PM
So it wasn't just me, this is a real thing. Thank you very much LW3DG!
I had made plans for the mocap when it was originally announced but I couldn't swing the price when it became Nevronmotion. This is very much appreciated.

willin
11-17-2015, 08:16 PM
I got the email although I bought and paid for both programs. This might mean that this is the end of the line for both programs, no more development or support for either. Can say I'm surprise, it's been done quite a few times before, at least they are going to let the rest of the community enjoy this programs for free. I wish they would have done this with Aura 2 at the time but it had its own dongle so maybe it was not possible.

wesleycorgi
11-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Nevron now supports Kinect One; so not dead yet.

DrStrik9
11-17-2015, 08:24 PM
I got the email although I bought and paid for both programs. This might mean that this is the end of the line for both programs, no more development or support for either. Can say I'm surprise, it's been done quite a few times before, at least they are going to let the rest of the community enjoy this programs for free. I wish they would have done this with Aura 2 at the time but it had its own dongle so maybe it was not possible.

Could be, but I also saw a Facebook post from LW3DG that is offering Lightwave, Chronosculpt, and Nevron Motion as a reduced-price package deal, also as a "Thanksgiving Special."

They're calling it the "Lightwave Production Suite." (Does this sound like Adobe a few years back?) -- https://www.lightwave3d.com/promotions/2015_production_suite/

Personally, I don't think it's an end to Chronosculpt and Nevron Motion, any more than it would be an end to Lightwave. :+)

prometheus
11-17-2015, 08:26 PM
This is huge.
I have to say, there is One thing the lightwave group need to market better..maybe with the help of us customers, that is their CRM, I have been impressed the latest year on how they have handled upgrades etc..and now this, Wow...smart move...so with that I mean their CRM is good, but needs more publicity.

I hope I am still eligable, we donīt have thanksgiving over here in sweden, in fact..I donīt know how to celebrate, so what do you guys eat?
I got the mail too anyway.

Thanks newtek/ligthwave group.

DrStrik9
11-17-2015, 08:31 PM
This is huge.
I have to say, there is One thing the lightwave group need to market better..maybe with the help of us customers, that is their CRM, I have been impressed the latest year on how they have handled upgrades etc..and now this, Wow...smart move.

I hope I am still eligable, we donīt have thanksgiving over here in sweden, in fact..I donīt know how to celebrate, so what do you guys eat?
I got the mail too anyway.

Thanks newtek/ligthwave group.

Haha! I guess it's difficult to remember that the rest of the world doesn't celebrate this holiday.

Consider us turkeys. In fact, that's the traditional dish for Thanksgiving. :+)))

sukardi
11-17-2015, 08:33 PM
Thanks Newtek,

My guess would be this would be the end of Nevron Motion and Chronosculpt as stand alone software package. Their technology would probably be integrated into the main LW application later down the road. This giveaway allows you to start making them part of your workflow while waiting for those integration. Smart move by LW3DG ...

rcallicotte
11-17-2015, 08:33 PM
It is fantastic! Thanks LW Group!!! And Newtek!! GEEEEZ!

prometheus
11-17-2015, 08:37 PM
Thanks Newtek,

My guess would be this would be the end of Nevron Motion and Chronosculpt as stand alone software package. Their technology would probably be integrated into the main LW application later down the road. This giveaway allows you to start making them part of your workflow while waiting for those integration. Smart move by LW3DG ...

Exactly my thoughts on it too...could be right.

DrStrik9
11-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks Newtek,

Either that, or annual upgrade fees, along with LW itself (2016, 2017, 2018 ...) -- as long as the two add'l programs are updated annually along with LW. But right now I don't care; this is a really nice gift for people who have purchased LW 2015.

Fsoto
11-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Wow, thanks LWG!

willin
11-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Could be, but I also saw a Facebook post from LW3DG that is offering Lightwave, Chronosculpt, and Nevron Motion as a reduced-price package deal, also as a "Thanksgiving Special."

They're calling it the "Lightwave Production Suite." (Does this sound like Adobe a few years back?) -- https://www.lightwave3d.com/promotions/2015_production_suite/

Personally, I don't think it's an end to Chronosculpt and Nevron Motion, any more than it would be an end to Lightwave. :+)

Hope you are right, I personally would like to see NevronMotion work hand in hand with Perception Neuron. Although I bought both programs when they were release for support I have yet to install either. But I might find use for them at some point.

As far as the Production Suite is concern, everyone that owns 2015 now gets a free license to ChronoSculpt and NervonMotion according to the email, so in effect they own the suite. The questions then becomes,

1. When you upgrade to 2016 for $250 are you just upgrading your Lightwave 2016 license or are you upgrading the Production Suite License?
2. Will it be two separate packages,
A. The Lightwave 2016 License cost $250 for those that are current
B. The Lightwave 2016 Production Suite license cost ?

Signal to Noise
11-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Wow! I saw the Newtek ad on Facebook and immediately came to the forums wondering what kind of offer they'd make, if any, for those who already have LW 2015. Reading this thread gives me some hope I'll see Chronosculpt in my account soon although I've received no such email yet. Fingers crossed.

jeric_synergy
11-17-2015, 09:17 PM
!!! Well, that's pretty amazing. :thumbsup: Thanks, LWG!*

:cry: so much software to learn! :cry:

*I'm dropping the '3d', it's too hard to type.

fineartist
11-17-2015, 09:36 PM
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH NEWTEK!!! Can't wait to try out the tools :)

prometheus
11-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Wow! I saw the Newtek ad on Facebook and immediately came to the forums wondering what kind of offer they'd make, if any, for those who already have LW 2015. Reading this thread gives me some hope I'll see Chronosculpt in my account soon although I've received no such email yet. Fingers crossed.

I got the mail..though nothing in the account, but that is to be excpected it seems, think it may vary ..and within 24 hours before it is up maybe.

eagleeyed
11-17-2015, 09:45 PM
Newtek, incredible stuff.
Thank you so much.

Verlon
11-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Well, Newtek has a history of offering nice upgrade incentives to early adopters. They didn't really do it with 2015, so maybe they are offering back-end rewards instead. I think that the products are being integrated into 2016 as part of the package. And while you are at it, could you add some of the easy text/gunsmith stuff from 3D arsenal. Easy text is quite helpful (as someone who paid for that product, but would like others to benefit).

And thanks. I will refrain from nagging about blog posts in the other thread out of respect for this generous gift. :)

Verlon
11-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Oh, how to connect a Kinect One to a Mac. Not sure if this will work with Nevronmotion or not (yet), but thought plenty of people might be curious.

http://blog.nelga.com/setup-microsoft-kinect-on-mac-os-x-10-9-mavericks/

DrStrik9
11-17-2015, 11:03 PM
I am presently downloading both apps, manuals, content, license ... :+)

seghier
11-17-2015, 11:05 PM
Yes :D

CaptainMarlowe
11-17-2015, 11:05 PM
I already had NevronMotion and used it a lot for retargeting (on Mac, never tried to connect a Kinect).
As for Chronosculpt, I really wanted to put my hand on it but had to made choices and I upgraded to 2015 instead.
Now, thanks to LW3DG, I'll have also CS, so, yes, I'm pretty happy. Thanks LW3DG !

Signal to Noise
11-17-2015, 11:12 PM
I got the mail..though nothing in the account, but that is to be excpected it seems, think it may vary ..and within 24 hours before it is up maybe.
Still no email...BUT both CS and Nevronmotion are now listed in my account to download! Time to get off the iPad and onto a real computer to install these!

DrStrik9
11-17-2015, 11:37 PM
:cry: so much software to learn! :cry:

<Moves hand in sideways figure-eight motion> ... "The shape of the learning curve, my son ..." <Moves both hands in same motion, like an orchestra conductor> ... "Everybody learn now ..."

:+)

Lewis
11-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Yes thanks to LWG3D for this generous gift.

jeric_synergy
11-17-2015, 11:58 PM
:boom!: and there they are on my DL page! Incroyable!

EDIT:
Ooops, one little glitch: my license is for a Lock ID not mine. Be sure to check yours. CS has been advised.

prometheus
11-18-2015, 12:12 AM
Still no email...BUT both CS and Nevronmotion are now listed in my account to download! Time to get off the iPad and onto a real computer to install these!

screw the mail, you got the important part :) and me too..so thanks for the heads up. :) will download now.

DrStrik9
11-18-2015, 12:13 AM
Jeric: I thought the same thing at first, but apparently, the license keys for these new apps are DIFFERENT than our LW licenses, so go ahead, install and activate using the licenses provided. (Unless there was some kind of link error of course.)

grabiller
11-18-2015, 12:14 AM
Awesome, thanks to the LWG !

Cheers,
Guy.

jeric_synergy
11-18-2015, 12:15 AM
I thought the same thing at first, but apparently, the license keys for these new apps are DIFFERENT than our LW licenses, so go ahead, install and activate using the licenses provided. (Unless there was some kind of link error of course.)
Well, I'll give it a whirl, but the NM Lock ID was correct, same as my LW, and the CS one was different.

No big deal. And VERY nice of LWG, for whatever reason.

MonroePoteet
11-18-2015, 12:54 AM
I didn't get an e-mail, but both NevronMotion and ChronoSculpt appeared on my account products page. Just finished downloading it all, including all the content!

Can't say THANKS enough to LW3D for this opportunity. I'd looked at the videos for both products and really wanted to give 'em a whirl, especially NevronMotion with the Kinect.

mTp

Mastoy
11-18-2015, 12:59 AM
Thx !

wesleycorgi
11-18-2015, 01:19 AM
I already owned both products, but now my download page shows that I have two licenses for Nevron (I have two licenses of LW 2015). Thanks!

I will need to get a Kinect One now to see how this works with Nevron.

50one
11-18-2015, 01:28 AM
pretty big!

THANKS!

Skonk
11-18-2015, 02:40 AM
Seems this has also included giving educational licenses of chronosculp and nevron to owners of educational lightwave licenses.

Quite a nice touch.

Cageman
11-18-2015, 03:37 AM
Thank you LW3DG!!!! Very awesome of you.

Happy thanksgiving!!!

:lwicon:

allabulle
11-18-2015, 04:48 AM
Thanks LW3DG!

kyuzo
11-18-2015, 05:14 AM
Thank you LW3DG. A great surprise, and much appreciated.

vipvip242
11-18-2015, 05:21 AM
thanks a lot for this gift , NEWTEK !

MAUROCOR
11-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Thank you LW3DG for this incredible gift. And happy thanksgiving too! ;)

Zerowaitstate
11-18-2015, 06:58 AM
Sweet, i have a kinect so will look forward to farting around with this on the weekend.

TY

Rocky5
11-18-2015, 07:26 AM
This is massive!
Thanks LW3d Group.

Never touched Chronosculpt before, but it's such a nice, simply designed and easy-to-use application, I got on with it instantly! Shame it hasn't seen much development, but understand why.

Anyway, thanks guys and girls at Newtek. Feeling the love.

Luc_Feri
11-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Yeah, time for me to put to bed any beefs regarding loyalty and marketing stuff. A grand gesture for sure, you see I already owned Chronosculpt, but I'm not at all bothered they just gave it away because I too received a nice gesture in Nevron. Everyone's a winner here for sure, unless you already owned the lot. :D

cagey5
11-18-2015, 07:44 AM
I've just realised. Chronosculpt works on Linux too apparently, I look forward to trying that when I get home and have a chance to download it.

DesertRat
11-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Thank you LW3DG!! That was a very generous gift indeed! :boogiedow :beerchug:

hrgiger
11-18-2015, 08:34 AM
Thanks LW3DG, I already have CS but I had considered picking up Nevron at some point if a project called for it so you made the decision easy.

ernesttx
11-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Nice gesture by LWG, but no love for those who bought everything already. And still Chronosculpt has no real rotate ability. My request ticket has been with LWG for months, maybe a year now.

Signal to Noise
11-18-2015, 09:00 AM
... And VERY nice of LWG, for whatever reason.

Reason: now Newtek have potentially increased revenue in additional software version upgrades from users who otherwise would have never bought CS/NM in the first place. Very clever marketing and rewarding in the long run for both sides.

hrgiger
11-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Reason: now Newtek have potentially increased revenue in additional software version upgrades from users who otherwise would have never bought CS/NM in the first place. Very clever marketing and rewarding in the long run for both sides.

It seems to me that theyre trying to encourage as many people as possible to upgrade to LW 2015. Giving cs and nevron to current 2015 owners is probably so they dont feel cheated like when previous promotions gave new buyers advantages that existing users did not receive.

Philbert
11-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Got the email last night and didn't see anything on my account yet but refreshed like once an hour and until it showed up right before I went to bed. Big thanks to LWG!! I was really excited about these when they came out until I realized they were an additional expense and outside of my budget. Now, I just hope that Nevron will work with my XBox Kinect, not just Kinect for Windows. I don't even have an xbox but I bought the Kinect to do mocap with. It does work with other software like ipiSoft so fingers crossed that it works with NM too.

tischbein3
11-18-2015, 10:08 AM
cool, thanks!

Snosrap
11-18-2015, 10:48 AM
So what do you have to do if the license received isn't for your dongle?

ernpchan
11-18-2015, 10:50 AM

Email customer support.

DrStrik9
11-18-2015, 10:57 AM

Neither of my license keys match my dongle number, but BOTH work FINE with license keys supplied. I guess each app has different license key numbers.

I have never really understood the licensing structure; I just like the fact that it works. :+)

vncnt
11-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Interesting to experience a more modern user interface and speed of the mesh deformation.
Thanks!

thekho
11-18-2015, 11:51 AM
I got mine email too. Didn't expected about it!

Thanks for an excellent gift! And happy thanksgiving :-)

evolross
11-18-2015, 11:58 AM
Thank you LW3DG! This is very cool. Glad I decided to upgrade. :beerchug:

jwiede
11-18-2015, 12:56 PM
It seems to me that theyre trying to encourage as many people as possible to upgrade to LW 2015. Giving cs and nevron to current 2015 owners is probably so they dont feel cheated like when previous promotions gave new buyers advantages that existing users did not receive.

Seems likely there's minimal actual "cost incurred" by LW3DG in this offer -- NM & CS haven't exactly been flying off the shelves, based on minimal new customer interest, etc. in their forums. Customers that hadn't purchased NM or CS by now likely weren't going to in any case, so LW3DG is only forsaking some small amt of revenue with this deal (from new LW customers who'd otherwise have purchased NM & CS as well -- a situation that doesn't appear to occur often these days).

Overall, the deal provides both a nice gift to LW2015 upgraders, and potential for new upgrade revenue for both NM & CS down the road for LW3DG, so potentially a "win" for both sides.

Thanks LW3DG!

SpacialKatana
11-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Well worth the upgrade to 2015 ! Now I can starty to explore Mocap properly with a view to maybe starting a small studio.

Thanks very much Newtek, merry Xmas to you all :D

Oedo 808
11-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Thanks very much LW3DG, Happy Thanksgiving :thumbsup:

Nice gesture by LWG, but no love for those who bought everything already. And still Chronosculpt has no real rotate ability. My request ticket has been with LWG for months, maybe a year now.

Perhaps they'll be able to do something on upgrades for the non-complementary licences if and when the time comes.

Bitboy
11-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Thanks a lot for that awesome gift NewTek/LWG! It'll be fun to play with Chronosculpt :-)

And Happy Thanksgiving from across the pond.

ernpchan
11-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Neither of my license keys match my dongle number, but BOTH work FINE with license keys supplied. I guess each app has different license key numbers.

I have never really understood the licensing structure; I just like the fact that it works. :+)

Yes, after re-reading this, the license for CS and NM are independent from your LW license.

mch
11-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Hope you are right, I personally would like to see NevronMotion work hand in hand with Perception Neuron.

+1
Just ordered a Perception Neuron Suit and it would be really great to see a mocap plug-in for NevronMotion.
There is a beta mocap plug-in for iClone 6.21 out now which I will test when the Perception Neuron arrives.
They previously had a kinect mocap plug-in and added support for the Perception Neuron.

This would be a great opportunity if NevronMotion would follow that path and add Perception Neuron support.
Since it is basicaly kind of biovision data live streaming via IP adress and port (as I understand it) it should be "relatively" easy to implement I guess.
But I'm not a programmer and hope my wishful thinking will be heard ;-)

@Lino: How are the chances to see a new mocap plug-in connecting Perception Neuron with NevronMotion ?!?

I will check out NevronMotion for BVH data editing and retargeting - so great news today !!!

Thanks Newtek for the smart move making NevronMotion available for free for Lightwave 3D 2015 users.
Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Regards,

Marcus

Tranimatronic
11-18-2015, 02:20 PM
I already owned both cs and nevron, and I notice that the version of nevron is now 1.1 and cs is 1.01
What were the updates? purely kinect support? If I install it will I need to upgrade my kinect? Should I bother to upgrade?
Anything that allows you to save captured video (for refining you animation and corrective morphs) I would be all over.

Also chronosculpt had issues (I vaguely remember) with alembic. What has been changed here??

Changelogs please!

caustix
11-18-2015, 03:49 PM
Appreciate ... Happy Thanksgiving !!!

jeric_synergy
11-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Firstly, about the licenses: LWG C.S. advised me that NM requires the usual Lock ID because it's a plugin, while CS gets a whole new license because it's an entirely separate application. So, there's that settled, and THANK YOU Customer Support for a quick and to the point answer. Well done!

Seems likely there's minimal actual "cost incurred" by LW3DG in this offer -- NM & CS haven't exactly been flying off the shelves, based on minimal new customer interest, etc. in their forums. Customers that hadn't purchased NM or CS by now likely weren't going to in any case, so LW3DG is only forsaking some small amt of revenue with this deal (from new LW customers who'd otherwise have purchased NM & CS as well -- a situation that doesn't appear to occur often these days).

Overall, the deal provides both a nice gift to LW2015 upgraders, and potential for new upgrade revenue for both NM & CS down the road for LW3DG, so potentially a "win" for both sides.

Thanks LW3DG!
Applications really benefit from larger user bases, so adding in the ENTIRE LW2015 user base to the CS and NM user base is a huge win.

For instance, just imagine how great CS will become once the flood of Feature Requests begin from me. :hey: :ohmy: :king: :dance:

Shabazzy
11-18-2015, 07:31 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the email from LW3DG. I was literally grinning from ear to ear. My first thought was "Well that's Christmas sorted"

Thank you all very much LW3DG, this is very very appreciated.

(I just wonder why we've not heard from Megalodon regarding this fantastically good news)

spherical
11-18-2015, 08:24 PM
We bought both ChronoSculpt and NevronMotion back at 11.6. I checked the account yesterday after reading the announcement and saw two seats of NevronMotion but only the one seat of ChronoSculpt. Decided to wait and see, as they stated that it would take a while for the rollout. Checked just now and, sure enough, the second seat of ChronoSculpt has appeared in our account. STELLAR! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

And a few usual suspects have been bitching about the lack of blog updates over the past few days.... Lame. Good things happen. Good things will continue to happen. Give it a rest, OKAY!?

wesleycorgi
11-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Yup, I now have my second license of Chronosculpt! Rob did allude in one of his posts several weeks that they were cooking up something special for its users.

hhnguyen
11-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Thank you NewTek. Now I need a 48hr day to play.

vncnt
11-18-2015, 08:52 PM
+1
Just ordered a Perception Neuron Suit and it would be really great to see a mocap plug-in for NevronMotion.
There is a beta mocap plug-in for iClone 6.21 out now which I will test when the Perception Neuron arrives.
They previously had a kinect mocap plug-in and added support for the Perception Neuron.

This would be a great opportunity if NevronMotion would follow that path and add Perception Neuron support.
Since it is basicaly kind of biovision data live streaming via IP adress and port (as I understand it) it should be "relatively" easy to implement I guess.
But I'm not a programmer and hope my wishful thinking will be heard ;-)

@Lino: How are the chances to see a new mocap plug-in connecting Perception Neuron with NevronMotion ?!?

I will check out NevronMotion for BVH data editing and retargeting - so great news today !!!

Thanks Newtek for the smart move making NevronMotion available for free for Lightwave 3D 2015 users.
Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Regards,

Marcus
Thatīs what we need: new ideas and initiatives!

jeric_synergy
11-18-2015, 09:49 PM
And a few usual suspects have been bitching about the lack of blog updates over the past few days.... Lame.
Watch out, you'll put the whingers' knickers in a twist!

machbeowulf
11-18-2015, 10:22 PM
Thank you very much LW3DG! Having access to Nevron Motion is a blessing for me right now. Last Feb. I was in a motor vehicle accident that has left me with high cervical quadriplegia, (c3/c4 fracture) acute disphasia, as well as annoxic brain injury - I can type with my hands propped on packs - nerves to my shoulders have not activated - and I have also formed palsy ... so I have been dreaming of being able to record my movements in my home environment for my medical team as well as for feed back for myself .... kind like bio feedback back for my hand functions. Anyways .. nuff about me ... Thank you again, Newtek, for this wonderful kindness.

spherical
11-18-2015, 10:33 PM
Watch out, you'll put the whingers' knickers in a twist!

Heh. I'm counting on it.... Almost a certainty. >

Must...
Complain....
NOW....!!!!!
AAAAAhhhhhhhrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

scratch33
11-19-2015, 12:37 AM
We bought both ChronoSculpt and NevronMotion back at 11.6. I checked the account yesterday after reading the announcement and saw two seats of NevronMotion but only the one seat of ChronoSculpt. Decided to wait and see, as they stated that it would take a while for the rollout. Checked just now and, sure enough, the second seat of ChronoSculpt has appeared in our account. STELLAR! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

And a few usual suspects have been bitching about the lack of blog updates over the past few days.... Lame. Good things happen. Good things will continue to happen. Give it a rest, OKAY!?

Hi,

I Already bought nevronmotion and Chronosculpt some times ago.

I Have checked my account yesterday after reeceveid the mail and again this morning but I have only one license of nevron and one of chrono......
:cry:

jwiede
11-19-2015, 01:47 AM
I had purchased Nevron some time ago as well, and still only have the single license, though CS was added. As I only have a single LW license, I'm guessing maybe they'll only provide additional licenses of Nevron if they have a LW license which doesn't already have a Nevron license associated with it? As in, while technically I should have another Nevron license added, it wouldn't matter because binding two to the same LW account makes no sense. Those "missing" Nevron licenses might want to make sure they don't already have a Nevron license associated with each of their LW licenses listed.

spherical
11-19-2015, 03:11 AM
Exactly right. Each LightWave 2015 seat gets one set of ChronoSculpt/NevronMotion. No more. No less. Doesn't make sense, otherwise.

WirePeople
11-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Just another grateful voice in the chorus. Was dying to add these to the arsenal but couldn't get the bosses to shell out the $. Cannot wait to learn!

hrgiger
11-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Hi,

I Already bought nevronmotion and Chronosculpt some times ago.

I Have checked my account yesterday after reeceveid the mail and again this morning but I have only one license of nevron and one of chrono......
:cry:

I think the point is, they would like to reward those who have upgrade to LW2015 with the functionality of Chronosculpt and Nevron. If you already have them, then why would you expect to receive additional licenses? I'm pretty sure NT doesn't want to flood the market with a lot of free licences for people to sell their extra which lowers their chances at selling additional licenses down the line. Even though they are giving licenses to 2015 holders, they are both still products for sale by LW3DG.

Bill Carey
11-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks NewTek!! Already had Nevron, now a new toy to play with!

tonybliss
11-19-2015, 11:54 PM
i am getting a kinect20.dll missing on layout startup, i followed the initial install directions and also installed the the kinect runtime from my account. What's that about ?

achilles
11-20-2015, 12:19 AM
I didn't receive the e mail but found the files in my account. Thanks NT!

adhesiveX
11-20-2015, 01:31 AM
i am getting a kinect20.dll missing on layout startup, i followed the initial install directions and also installed the the kinect runtime from my account. What's that about ?

I was getting the same message. I went to Microsoft website and downloaded the KinectRuntime-v2.0_1409 and that fixed it.

tonybliss
11-20-2015, 03:45 AM
I was getting the same message. I went to Microsoft website and downloaded the KinectRuntime-v2.0_1409 and that fixed it.

Brilliant, thank you, will try that !

Kaptive
11-20-2015, 07:28 AM
I just realised I hadn't thanked LW3DGroup for Nevron and Chrono. So big thank you! Very good of you, and will be most useful!

Happy thanksgiving/Christmas!

CaptainMarlowe
11-20-2015, 08:43 AM
I have started to mess with CS : really fast and intuitive. I can foresee a lot of fun with it and dynamics.

SteveH
11-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Thanks so much LW3DGroup! This is awesome!

jwiede
11-20-2015, 11:37 AM
I think the point is, they would like to reward those who have upgrade to LW2015 with the functionality of Chronosculpt and Nevron. If you already have them, then why would you expect to receive additional licenses?

But clearly, some accounts who already had NM and/or CS are receiving extra licenses (as in, receiving 1 new NM license and 1 new CS license for each LW2015 license present in the account), contrary to your proposed model. With business accounts representing multiple seats/users, offers kind of must be described in a "per LW2015 seat license" manner in any case -- that's why EULAs and pretty much everything else associated with LW licensing already work that way.

Regardless, it is becoming obvious that LW3DG needs to clarify the offer's precise terms (if they haven't already). I haven't seen the "full offer terms" spelled out anywhere, has anyone else (and if so, please provide a link)? Customer account holders need to know for certain how many of each license their accounts should contain, so they can raise an issue with LW3DG support if that many do not show up within a reasonable time period (15-30 days, I'd guess) because of clerical error or whatever.

nemac4
11-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Thanks Newtek. Incredibly generous and a great marketing move. Happy Holidays.

hrgiger
11-20-2015, 03:14 PM
But clearly, some accounts who already had NM and/or CS are receiving extra licenses (as in, receiving 1 new NM license and 1 new CS license for each LW2015 license present in the account), contrary to your proposed model.

I'm not sure we're saying the same thing. I'm saying that for each license of 2015 you own, you should have 1 CS license and 1 nevron license. Period. If you have 2 licenses of 2015, you should have 2 licenses of CS and 2 of Nevron. Are we in disagreement on that? Someone else was asserting that they should have an additional license of CS and Nevron per LW seat even though they already owned them. Are you suggesting some do? I already owned CS and so now I still have 1 license of CS and 1 license of Nevron. Are you showing something different in your account?

What I was getting at though is that people with a single license of LW probably should not be expecting to receive an additional free license of CS and Nevron if they already owned them just because someone else was getting it for free. Only if you have a second LW license would you qualify for a free CS or Nevron. This is a promotion they're running right now and as with every other promotion that LW3DG has run, some people benefit from the promotion, some do not. Just like every time a new LW version comes out and someone just bought the previous version a few months back, they complain that they should get the free upgrade since they bought so recently even if LW3DG has set a deadline of what date qualifies for a free upgrade. They have to set guidelines and some people are always going to fall outside of those.

spherical
11-20-2015, 03:21 PM
What I was getting at though is that people with a single license of LW probably should not be expecting to receive an additional free license of CS and Nevron if they already owned them just because someone else was getting it for free. Only if you have a second LW license would you qualify for a free CS or Nevron.

Exactly right. The overall goal is that everyone having one or more licenses of 2015 will end up having an equal number of licenses for ChronoSculpt and NevronMotion to match the LightWave seats they have. If some CS/NM licenses are previously paid makes no difference. You are brought up to an even level across the board. Expecting to have more CS/NM licenses than LW seats is, shall we say, unrealistic thinking.

sellis
11-20-2015, 06:58 PM
Oh my... Thank you very much LW3D group. Really, thank you.

m.d.
11-20-2015, 07:47 PM
thanks Newtek

Appreciate it

Ernest
11-20-2015, 08:33 PM
I happily give thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Airwaves
11-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Thank you Newtek - This is amazing news! Happy Thanksgiving!

tonybliss
11-21-2015, 04:19 AM
FYI ... Thanks adhesiveX, using the kinect2 runtime from microsoft worked ... thank you

OnlineRender
11-21-2015, 04:27 AM
already own the both of them , but awesome for everyone else, Waver's love free stuff :D

cove
11-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the freebies. Great gesture.
Not only is Chronosculpt free but this has also saved me having to buy another plugin that i had in mind to buy.
The money reserved for the plugin can now go towards the cost of the
Kinnect Hardware that will enable me to use Nevron software.
So even the Kinnect hardware is going to be free [Well sort of].
I could not be happier.

Just one question about the Kinnect camera that i presume comes with the Kinnect kit.
Is the camera itself only useable with the Kinnect/Nevron Motion or can it also be used indipendently as a normal computer camera?.
Thanks for any comment in reply.

vncnt
11-28-2015, 02:57 AM
Interesting to experience a more modern user interface and speed of the mesh deformation.
Thanks!

ChronoSculpt is amazing. Loved the clip based approach.
Would like to see drag-n-drop for MDD files in Layout, and a hub between ChronoSculpt and Layout.

Is there a way to handle MDD deformation in MotionMixer?