PDA

View Full Version : How to use smilies in a reply post?.

cove
11-16-2015, 07:40 AM
Hi.
From time to time i like to respond to posts in the forums but would also like to include a smily sometimes.
Don,t know how to.
Tried dragging a smily icon into the text area but that obviously will not work.
Is there info/instructions on this that i can look at.
Do i need to know the text equivelent for each smily icon.
If so how do i aquire the list.
Thanks for any info in repy. KEN.

RudySchneider
11-16-2015, 08:14 AM
Smilies are available in the Advanced Reply tab.:dance:

jeric_synergy
11-16-2015, 09:11 AM
Do i need to know the text equivelent for each smily icon.
If so how do i aquire the list.
Thanks for any info in repy. KEN.
In an original post window OR the Advanced option there is a smiley area to the right. You add smilies by clicking, not dragging, the smilie icon. At that point you'll see the text equivalent added to the text at the cursor point. (If you drag, a URL gets added.)

Under the smilie display on the right is a MORE button. Clicking on that opens a popup window-- make sure your browser will allow that. The popup has a longer display of smilies, with the text equivalent displayed beneath. :lwicon::tcicon::beta::jam::newtek:

cove
11-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Thanks for your help. Its more straight forward than i thought.
I tried things out in a test thread and can now add one or more smilies either to the title field and or the main text window.
Also copied the the collection of text equivilents to a text page and saved it.
So now looking forward to adding smilies in future posts.

jeric_synergy
11-16-2015, 04:47 PM
I think there's a limit of 5 emoticons per post. Not sure what it does if you type them. :eek:

cove
11-17-2015, 12:15 AM
I think there's a limit of 5 emoticons per post. Not sure what it does if you type them. :eek:
Thanks for the extra detail and yes you can simply type the text of a smily directly :D:

shrox
11-17-2015, 01:05 AM
I hate emoticons.

jeric_synergy
11-17-2015, 01:14 AM
I think you meant " I :devil: emoticons." :eek: :thumbsup: :chicken:

shrox
11-17-2015, 01:39 AM
I think you meant " I :devil: emoticons." :eek: :thumbsup: :chicken:

I mean I hate you.

Not really.

Luc_Feri
11-17-2015, 06:07 AM
You don't have to use the advanced mode for all smileys. It's based on Unicode I think, a simple :) is a colon and an end bracket typed in together. ;) is a semi-colon and end bracket. : ) ; ) , leave no spaces between the characters to get the smiley. I thought everyone knew this, the advanced ones are probably a bit more complex characters though.

PS. Ahh sorry Cove, I see you now have the list of text equivalents. :D

cove
11-20-2015, 04:02 AM
You don't have to use the advanced mode for all smileys. It's based on Unicode I think, a simple :) is a colon and an end bracket typed in together. ;) is a semi-colon and end bracket. : ) ; ) , leave no spaces between the characters to get the smiley. I thought everyone knew this, the advanced ones are probably a bit more complex characters though.

PS. Ahh sorry Cove, I see you now have the list of text equivalents. :D

Yeah glad i saved a text version of the smilies. Memory not to good. Now were,s that "Improve your memory book i bought!" :)