PDA

View Full Version : FReq: Node Editor FAVORITES category in Node List / shareable 'Node kits'

jeric_synergy
11-14-2015, 12:21 PM
There's a tendency to use the same nodes over and over-- users have FAVORITES.

Rather than making the user manipulate the list over and over to access his/her favorite set of nodes, I suggest a FAVORITES category. Users could RClk on a node or on a node listing to add to their personal FAVORITES category, and they could RClk on a member of the FAVORITES category to remove a node from the list. --Nodes are >copied< to the FAVORITES category and continue to exist in their original category.

Additionally, it would be be useful for users to be able to >share< FAVORITES categories, as 'kits'-- "Every node you need to complete this tutorial is in this FAVORITES node file {download}."

If a favorite node is not resident on a user's system, it is displayed in the (shared) FAVORITES category in italics.

MrFurious
11-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Additionally, it would be be useful for users to be able to >share< FAVORITES categories, as 'kits'-- "Every node you need to complete this tutorial is in this FAVORITES node file {download}."italics.

I think what your asking for here can already be achieved easily by saving node trees or sets of nodes to a file for sharing. Select nodes --> export selected. I do see the value of having a favs category though would be nice to see something like this for easy access of often used nodes

jeric_synergy
11-27-2015, 06:36 PM
It's certainly true you can just save a tree, but it'd also be nice to share "Favorites", and of course, if you can have more than one "Favorite" category, you get "kits".

So, "User Definable Node Categories", right there in the list, without opening a file dialog, that pretty much encapsulates the dream, errr, feature request.