PDA

View Full Version : How to add working bones in Genoma for eyelids

fineartist
11-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Hi gang,

I followed the tutorial on how to do the Genoma 2 rig from Lino and it works great....but.... I want to add bones for eyelids as well as for a tongue in my character. I tried making skelegons and converted them to bones, I tried to add connectors in Genoma, I tried everything but what actually works, I don't get it.

I have weightmaps made for everything so that is ready, but either my dementia is kicking in big time or what I would think would be a simple thing basically isn't. How so you add working bones for Genoma.

Here is the real thing that confuses me, every time I made bones, I click on the bone and can't rotate nay of them. It's as if they have to have a controller added to them to make the bone rotate and I have noooo idea how to do that.

I need help....pleaseeeeee

ernpchan
11-14-2015, 09:16 AM
You have to add your extra parts welded to the proper point in Modeler. If you watch the Genoma videos you'll see what needs to be selected.

The other option would be to manually add your bones in Layout. Unfortunately doing that means you'll lose the ability to adjust your rig in Modeler. Sometimes you just have to work this way because there are some rigging concepts that Genoma can't create.

RebelHill
11-15-2015, 05:43 AM
As Ernest says... you have to properly weld the parts in to connect them up. Easiest would be to add 4 FK1 control parts (2 per eye) ad weld their bases to the base of each eye bone. Then for the tongue add another FK chain (perhaps FK4) with its base welded to the base of the jaw bone.

Ofc, what you'll find doing this is that G2 ad G1 parts wont properly plug together in the same rig, so whilst both will be created, the parts added will be parented outside the G2 rig itself, thus, you'll need to go and parent them in where you need them, though again, this'll put a stop to your ability to further edit and update the rig properly.

fineartist
11-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Thanks ernchan and RebelHill, it took me 4 times to figure out what to do...which unfortunately took enough time away from getting my project done in time for the Doritos contest (missed the deadline by 10 minutes) after 2 1/2 weeks of intense work on it. Sooooo, bad side is no project to submit, but the good thing is I learned a ton in these last couple weeks, thanks especially to everyone on the forums.

I deeply and greatly appreciate all the help I received and hope to have the chance to help others

Jim