PDA

View Full Version : Endomorphs

Ender_McFurious
12-08-2003, 04:59 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble with my endomorphs: I can't get them to blend right. Here's a pic:

Ender_McFurious
12-08-2003, 05:00 PM
And another:

Dodgy
12-09-2003, 03:09 AM
Shouldn't you be using bones for this kind of deformation?

Are you mixing your endomorph with another on the leg so they're being averaged together and causing this?

Ender_McFurious
12-09-2003, 03:18 PM
There is an upper arm and a lower arm morph mixed together and an upper leg and a lower leg mixed. I'm going to use skeletons for this, I've decided that. I'm still a newbie to animation in Lightwave. I'm used to scripting the motions for objects and so I'm still testing different animation options in Lightwave.

SplineGod
12-11-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Ender_McFurious
There is an upper arm and a lower arm morph mixed together and an upper leg and a lower leg mixed. I'm going to use skeletons for this, I've decided that. I'm still a newbie to animation in Lightwave. I'm used to scripting the motions for objects and so I'm still testing different animation options in Lightwave.
Using morph mixer to bend arms and legs is definately not the way to go. Use bones. :)

Ender_McFurious
12-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I switched to bones and all that good stuff and... yeah... definately a lot easier. I feel pretty stupid now. My only beef with bones is Gimbal locking, but I've started setting my models up with nulls and all that, so... yeah... working much better.

SplineGod
12-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Gimbal lock is no problem.
You can switch from parent to local coords
You can go to frame 0, record pivot rotation and then keyframe the bone.
You can also use smaller "null" bones.