PDA

View Full Version : Common modeling problem: extending Edge Loops that terminate too early?

jeric_synergy
11-12-2015, 12:53 AM
Well, common here lately. Erikals has done some work on this but looking for additional input.

See jpg:
Somehow along the way an Edge Loop didn't get extended across the ceiling of this 'room'-- the pic is looking thru the backsides of the ceiling polys. So, now I have an awkward polyflow in that corner.

What's the quickest, most logical way to extend that Edge Loop across the ceiling and connect it to its other end on the other side of the room?

meshpig
11-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Have 'weld average' hotkeyed and use Shift Z. It's one of those things :)

jeric_synergy
11-12-2015, 02:05 AM
So, elimination >>recreation is the fastest way? (I want the loop, I just didn't get the ceiling.)

meshpig
11-12-2015, 02:48 AM
So, elimination >>recreation is the fastest way? (I want the loop, I just didn't get the ceiling.)

It's 'one of those things' you encounter often which make you think about what you're doing. I like that about LWM, without meaning to sound silly.

pinkmouse
11-12-2015, 05:02 AM
I'd select the ceiling poly's, knife as close as I could get to required edge, then weld the end points to sort it out. But that's me.

cagey5
11-12-2015, 07:50 AM
I'd select the ceiling poly's, knife as close as I could get to required edge, then weld the end points to sort it out. But that's me.

It's what I would do too. With an "align points" before the weld.