PDA

View Full Version : How to mix SSS with skin textures...HOW?

fineartist
11-11-2015, 07:50 PM
I am stumped. I seen some posts where you can have a bitmap and sss mixed but that is in earlier versions (I have 2015) and the nodes don't exist in this version of Lightwave comparing their explanations and I am at a loss and losing my mind trying to figure it out. Is there a simple way to use a skin texture with sss? I have a mac by the way, if that helps.

Thanks in advance :)

RebelHill
11-12-2015, 08:20 AM
Not sure what kind of mixing you're referring to... A bitmap is just an image... if you want an sss material with an image texture, you just plug the image(s) into the appropriate colour slot(s). If you mean mixing 2 different materials on a single surface, you want the material mixer.

prometheus
11-12-2015, 09:29 AM
we need to define what ss shader you are refering to?

then itīs not that tricky, add image node and plug in to color input as mentioned above..at least for sigma, sigma 2 etc...and
you can use skin or skin2..these are materials..

then you got node shaders ss....they do have color inputs too.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100705&d=1325694235

prometheus
11-12-2015, 09:42 AM
if you donīt see it working in vpr...I believe the ss shaders do not work in VPR..they donīt show up there on 2015 unless using final render at least.
simple skin and skin 2 works..but you have to verify against final renders.

fineartist
11-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Thank you soooooooooo much!! That's exactly what I needed to see Prometheus, it makes sense to me now. Thanks Rebel for your advice too, I greatly appreciate it! You both rock! :)