PDA

View Full Version : dots in the render

nnasr.rm
11-11-2015, 07:02 AM
Hello all,
I have been having trouble with my renders in several shots. I have normal global illumination on, and with some area lights. 3 lights to be exact. I keep getting these weird bubbles appearing on my renders. its driving me nuts!
Has anybody come across this??
I attached my render settings and the movie. notice the can how there are dots appearing randomly.
pLEASE HELP ME :))))

50one
11-11-2015, 07:13 AM
I no expert but the behind test" should be switched off.

nnasr.rm
11-11-2015, 07:23 AM
i tried... with 0 antialiasing with behind off, but its still doing it.

Sensei
11-11-2015, 07:29 AM
You are using GI interpolated cache... and you have deformed geometry..
How can renderer pick data from cache, if geometry is constantly changing.. ?
Turn off interpolation caching, and should be fine.

50one
11-11-2015, 07:34 AM
So the interpolated is not working well with deformed object then?
I've only used it for non-deformable objects so never tried...

good to know.

nnasr.rm
11-11-2015, 07:49 AM
yes i am testing it now but the render times went radically up even with 1 antialiasing, this is taking 3 min to render. Is there any other way or do you think i should reduce the rays per evaluation? do you have a good value that you work with?

Sensei
11-11-2015, 07:55 AM
3 mins per frame is not bad result. People used to render overnight.
First test whether it can help.
Reduce resolution in Camera Properties, Res Multiplier 50% or 25%,
and render all to see whether artifacts are gone.

nnasr.rm
11-11-2015, 08:07 AM
okay i reduced angular tolerance to 20 and maximum spacing to 50 instead of 100 and its working!!! i never changed those values! thank you sensei for making me notice them.
basically it means that there is a certain threshold until the gi goes wrong. but now its taking 20 seconds per frame with 0 antialiasing.

spherical
11-11-2015, 02:57 PM
There are a lot of things that cause dots and splotches. I encountered this yesterday after changing my IES lights from LW native to DP Web. 30 lights in all. Took quite a while. Ran an F9 and it looked like there was a disco ball in the room. Tried all sorts of settings with varying negative results. Thought that I had wasted all of my time. Stepped away from the workstation for a bit and remembered that the display of the IES in the viewport has a disk around the pivot point. What prompted me to change all of these was that Denis said that his IES implementation is through a circle opening; not a point as LW's is, so produces soft shadows. This disk was interfering with the reflector object that the light "sits in". As a test, I turned rendering of the reflectors off and the splotches disappeared. Making those reflectors Unseen By Radiosity cured the issue, so they could be rendered but not do anything bad.