PDA

View Full Version : Adding scripts makes several main menu tabs called additional ??

prometheus
11-09-2015, 09:57 PM
only in 2015.3

when I add scripts, it places it within a new main tab called additional, for each script, so I got a bunch of additional tabs when I only want one..I have to edit teh menu´s and move the scripts to where the others are for each script I add..puhh.
Bug?

spherical
11-10-2015, 01:10 AM
Sounds like it.

meshpig
11-10-2015, 01:30 AM
I got a bit of that with LWCAD beta and it's menu cfg's, often empty and with sub dir's named additional too.

prometheus
11-10-2015, 01:46 AM
I got a bit of that with LWCAD beta and it's menu cfg's, often empty and with sub dir's named additional too.

it shouldn´t behave like this, it hasn´t before..I was using the create32script to save out object dummys as lscripts and have a special menu for fast object buttons, quite tedious having to move around each script and deleting the excessive additional menu that is created per each script.

hdace
11-10-2015, 09:56 PM
I thought that was a new feature. I find it kind of handy when I'm in a hurry so I don't have to bother finding a place to put a new plugin until I've got time for housekeeping.

Snosrap
11-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Yeah this is bothersome.

prometheus
11-10-2015, 11:59 PM
I thought that was a new feature. I find it kind of handy when I'm in a hurry so I don't have to bother finding a place to put a new plugin until I've got time for housekeeping.

Yes..I can understand if it automaticly adds the additional tab the first time you add something, but following plugins should land there too, not in more tabs called additional which is the case, and in that tab, it would
be nice if you could sort them by date or name..then there´s nothing to it.

Yeah this is bothersome.

Indeed...bug report I think.

Greenlaw
11-11-2015, 09:09 AM
I think it may be a 'feature' but, yes, I think it's bothersome too. It doesn't always happen but I haven't taken the time yet to check what triggers this exactly.

G.

jeric_synergy
11-11-2015, 09:23 AM
Same here. It's between new plugins never seeing the light of day, and a bunch of "Additional" tabs.

Not the best thing.

hdace
11-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Actually I had a new Additional tab appear just today containing some old scripts from about three years ago! I banished them a couple of weeks ago because I no longer use them, but did not remove them from my plugins directory. Today they randomly reappeared in this new tab!

spherical
11-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Autoscan turned on?

hdace
11-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Yeah. Should I turn it off?

jeric_synergy
11-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Yeah. Should I turn it off?
If you want Additional tabs to stop showing up, yes.

What I don't like about this seemingly new (?) behaviour is it doubles the labor of configuring the menus: not only do you need to assign new tools, but to do a proper job you have to UNassign them from their 'additional' tab.

Also, I'm seeing additional tabs with just ONE entry. That's aggravating.

Snosrap
11-11-2015, 07:57 PM
I upgraded to 2105 a few weeks back and added a ton of plugins during the install and config setup. :) And I've added a few more since and it just makes more additional tabs each time. Crazy.

jeric_synergy
11-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Yeah, it's not optimum.

Show of hands for uniting the Menu, Hotkey, and Plugin editors?