PDA

View Full Version : Wait.... Which texture is this?

rcman5000
11-07-2015, 03:51 AM
Greetings everyone: I have what is probably a really easy question.
Can someone please tell me how to find out which texture/color is applied to a face/object in both Modeler & Layout in ver. 2015 (Mac)??

I saw someone do the procedure before years ago, but damned if I can remember what the hell he did. I only remember it being a bit convoluted... I've asked Tech Support a few times but they seem to be really busy. Can someone please help!?!? Thank you

prometheus
11-09-2015, 05:50 PM
you need to show reference, we have no idea otherwise...so images, currently the question is not that easy :D

Sensei
11-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Open Surface Editor,
Texture Editor,
or
Node Editor,
and find it in list of layers or nodes..

spherical
11-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Load the object in Modeler.
Choose Polygon Selection Mode.
Hit "W" to open Statistics panel.
Three drop-downs in the center column near the bottom of the list. The top one, "Surf", is the one you're looking for.
Open it. Select a surface name from the menu.
Hit the "+" button in the first column.
All polys having that surface become selected.

prometheus
11-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Oops..I got it all wrong..interpreted the question completly wrong, sorry...was confused when asked about texture.

In modeler..
if you want to find out what surface..you can in modeler use selection tab and under the polygons menu..click on pick surface, then hover over the surface and click on the polys you need to evaluate, it will open surface editor automaticly and highlight the surface.

in layout...
use vpr, hold down shift and click on desired surface and surface editor will automaticly pop up and highlight which surface it is.