PDA

View Full Version : Folders: bleagh

jeric_synergy
11-06-2015, 05:23 PM
You know what I hate? When I hit "+" in Layout to load an Object, and it takes me to the last folder I loaded a plugin from.

Weak.

spherical
11-06-2015, 08:01 PM
I believe that you'll learn that this is an OS issue, not application issue. Happens in Photoshop all the time, so not weak.

DrStrik9
11-06-2015, 11:59 PM
I love it when my OS "helps me out."

jeric_synergy
11-07-2015, 03:19 AM
I believe that you'll learn that this is an OS issue, not application issue. Happens in Photoshop all the time, so not weak.
Then what's the point of the Content Directory? I don't believe this is an OS issue.

OnlineRender
11-07-2015, 04:12 AM
Then what's the point of the Content Directory? I don't believe this is an OS issue.

Yeah its os #firstworldproblems

spherical
11-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Heh. Well, this just seemed odd enough that I went to test to make sure. Works just fine for me every time. Loaded a new plugin, hit +, opens the current Content Directory for the project /objects folder without fail.

That which i don't like, and have cited several times, is that when saving an F9 the thing defaults to /Images not /Renders. But, after I save one, it does return there every time thereafter.

DrStrik9
11-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Content Directory also works as expected here.

Did you upgrade OS recently? If so, maybe there's something you can turn OFF in your OS, that will allow Content Directory to work properly? I remember a long time ago, I had to turn off a whole bunch of system-level key-commands, in order to use LW and other software.

... Just a thought.

jeric_synergy
11-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Nope: it's been doing this for YEARS.

spherical
11-07-2015, 10:16 PM
It's mad a you.

MonroePoteet
11-08-2015, 03:33 AM
It also works fine for me. If I load a plug-in (or set of them) from one of my Kits=>LW Plugins=><plugin subfolder> location, then immediately hit "+", Layout correctly goes to my Objects subfolder beneath the currently designated Content Directory. Do you use the LW naming conventions for the subfolders? "Objects" for objects, "Scenes" for scenes, etc.? I think if Layout doesn't find the appropriate subfolder, it has to take a guess where to go, and guesses at the last location you referenced.

Although I don't use all the subfolders LW has for the various components, I've started using the Edit=>Paths options...=>Create Directories button to create ALL of them when I start a new project with a separate Content Directory.

mTp