PDA

View Full Version : Cuda problem with Turbulence FD

3djock
11-06-2015, 12:21 PM
[ 29.099] CUDAException(35) in Core\util\cuda_host_util.cpp(27) CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version

I am getting this in the log, I don't know if anybody else has had this same problem where the card does not show in Turbulence FD. I tried the-the new driver several times without any success of getting anything. All I get is the CPU showing and that is it. One card is a Quadro and the other is a GTX, the GTX has more cuda. For some reason I think it is looking at the Quadro. Any help? Thx

Markc
11-08-2015, 06:36 AM
That's not very reassuring, I finally got TFD working again (TFD issue with Mac LW 2015) and was looking at getting a Quadro card for Cuda use.
I am not shelling out for a Quadro if there's problems.
I would have thought a Quadro card would be the one that did work.

EDIT:
That's interesting, I have just tried TFD since updating it (I don't have a cuda card), it used to list the CPU cores, it now just says use CPU's.
It does simulate ok though.

3djock
11-08-2015, 09:54 AM
That's not very reassuring, I finally got TFD working again (TFD issue with Mac LW 2015) and was looking at getting a Quadro card for Cuda use.
I am not shelling out for a Quadro if there's problems.
I would have thought a Quadro card would be the one that did work.

EDIT:
That's interesting, I have just tried TFD since updating it (I don't have a cuda card), it used to list the CPU cores, it now just says use CPU's.
It does simulate ok though.

It use to read both cards but I now I get neither. I use to use the Geforce GTX for it because the quadro did not have enough CUDA's for simulations. I would suggest you get a GTX card for the CUDA's, it is much cheaper than a Quadro and has more. Every new addition that has come out I never had a problem with until now. Jaska said it the driver was old but I don't see it that way. I have reloaded with a new driver but no change, and I have not gotten a reply back from him on it.