PDA

View Full Version : Finishlynx -> Hy-Tek Meet Manager -> LiveText -> Tricaster?

AaronYates
11-04-2015, 12:31 PM
I have been searching for answers to this question and have even called upon a couple of Newtek dealers, and no one seems to be able to answer this for me.

My client school wants to show results on the video display for track meets. They use Finishlynx at the finish line, which then updates the Hy-Tek Meet Manager 5.0 program upstairs. I would like to be able to get data from the Meet Manager into the Tricaster via a separate laptop running LiveText. I understand Data Link might be the solution for this, but where do I begin? How do I know what's compatible with what?

Where do I go from here to get it running and test it?

kltv
11-04-2015, 12:43 PM
The first step would be to try and get some sample output from the Meet Manager software. If you can get a look at the output possibilities, that might point you in the direction you need for how to get that into DataLink, which will get it into LiveText for you. The easiest thing for it to work with is a text file with key=value pairs, which would be something like FinishTime=1:21:20 or something like that. It can also query a MySQL database or possibly use an RSS style feed if that option is available.

Kris

PIZAZZ
11-04-2015, 01:41 PM
Hey there Aaron,

We can get you up to speed. We specialize in making the impossible happen with TriCasters. If LiveText can't meet your needs then I am sure another CG we sell to our TriCaster clients can. CharacterWorks has quite a bit more capabilities than LiveText.

Like Kris said, the main thing is to get a sample file of the data output.

We are long time NewTek dealers and best part we are in Texas. (on the other side but still in Texas)
Shoot me an email jef at pizazz dot com when you get a chance.