PDA

View Full Version : "STRETCH" is strange!

Leo Chen
11-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Is this normal?

3DGFXStudios
11-03-2015, 08:38 AM
What do you mean? I don't see something strange. The only thing that catches my eye is that you are using the cages sub-d view ;)

mummyman
11-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Turn off Symmetry?

jeric_synergy
11-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Turn off Symmetry?
And set the Action Center to "Selection"?

BeeVee
11-04-2015, 09:04 AM
And if you want to stretch the whole object, don't just have part selected?

B

Greenlaw
11-04-2015, 10:02 AM
I think you need to explain what it is you are trying to do. There are many ways to use the tools to produce many different results.

Leo Chen
11-06-2015, 01:20 AM
What do you mean? I don't see something strange. The only thing that catches my eye is that you are using the cages sub-d view ;)

Thank you,3DGFXStudios.

The "streching" is toward one side.
Since I was trying to shrink the band that the band should shrink toward the center of the band .

Leo Chen
11-06-2015, 01:24 AM
And if you want to stretch the whole object, don't just have part selected?

B

Thank you, BeeVee.

I have checked a lot of time, I have selected the whole band.

BTW, the stretch function go back normal just after I post this strange behavior.
PS: I post this just because I wonder if the lightwave have different kind of stretch.

Leo Chen
11-06-2015, 01:36 AM
Turn off Symmetry?

Thank you, mummyman.

I have tried with Symmetry turn on and off.

Since my "Stretch" function has back to normal that I can only show you "the normal stretch" while Symmetry on and off.

Leo Chen
11-06-2015, 01:38 AM
I think you need to explain what it is you are trying to do. There are many ways to use the tools to produce many different results.

Thank you,Greenlaw.
I was tring to create a seam line around the foot ball.

While I was following tutorial video that I found my LW's "Stretch" works strange...

Leo Chen
11-06-2015, 01:47 AM
Just after I post this post, my Lightwave's "Trnsform" function all back to normal.

Maybe this has something to do with the "ceiling"!!

JoePoe
11-06-2015, 11:06 PM
The difference between your original post and your other screen grabs is the placement of your object reacting to the action center being set to Origin.

In the OP the object is clearly off center. In the other images it is centered.

The behavior would be the same no matter what the object placement if the action center was set to Selection..... As Jeric said in post #4 :thumbsup:.

Leo Chen
11-07-2015, 10:01 PM
The difference between your original post and your other screen grabs is the placement of your object reacting to the action center being set to Origin.

In the OP the object is clearly off center. In the other images it is centered.

The behavior would be the same no matter what the object placement if the action center was set to Selection..... As Jeric said in post #4 :thumbsup:.

Thank you, JoePoe.

You are right.

But I did not alter the origin of the Ball which was shown in the 1st floor.
That's what drive me crazy.

JoePoe
11-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Thank you, JoePoe.

You are right.

But I did not alter the origin of the Ball which was shown in the 1st floor.
That's what drive me crazy.

The Origin is the origin X=0 Y=0 Z=0.
Do you mean the center of the ball?

In the first image the center of the ball is clearly not on the origin. On every image thereafter the ball center is on the origin. So the placement of the ball DID change.
Because the center of the ball and the origin are now the same, Action Center Origin will work (as will AC Selection).

In the first image "AC Selection" would have been the correct mode for your desired result.

The first image....130839