PDA

View Full Version : Again OMG!!

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Well I did a complete install on a separate drive, and I'm still crashing! Running in ei Capitan the same issues!. The file loads fine into layout, but once I make the object, save it to disc, I can't load it back into Modeler! Tried it on a completely different 6 month old Macbook pro. Can't load it into modeler, but runs fine it layout! I have attached the file, please try to load it modeler, and let me know what happens. Then try it layout. Thanks! really going nuts with this. 3 days of screwing around now! I am running Lightwave 11.6.3 on El Capitan! Thanks. You must load it through the Mac File open dialog at the top!

Farhad_azer
10-29-2015, 12:33 PM
I am in 11 series and I use PC and everything is just working fine, both in layout and modlere, u have not prepared the images which I don't think is important for now.

I don't have 2015.

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 12:41 PM
Well I just tried on two different macs one is 5 months old and I get crashes! What gives? Try saving it out as layer, then flat and see what happens!

MSherak
10-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Well I did a complete install on a separate drive, and I'm still crashing! Running in ei Capitan the same issues!. The file loads fine into layout, but once I make the object, save it to disc, I can't load it back into Modeler! Tried it on a completely different 6 month old Macbook pro. Can't load it into modeler, but runs fine it layout! I have attached the file, please try to load it modeler, and let me know what happens. Then try it layout. Thanks! really going nuts with this. 3 days of screwing around now! I am running Lightwave 11.6.3 on El Capitan! Thanks. You must load it through the Mac File open dialog at the top!

Here is your file back.. Loaded fine into Modeler for me. So saved it with another name.. Textures might not be attached now but it should work..

-M

JoePoe
10-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Since people are opening what you posted, logic then dictates that the problem has to do with one of the images?? :hey:
Don't know why Layout and Modeler would react differently, but it's something to try.

I guess an important question would be: Are you getting crashes with other objects?

Opens fine for me. Saving to one layer.... fine.

On a related note. Do you really need all the hidden interior geometry?
I took the model down from 210K polys to 25K. Just a thought.

CaptainMarlowe
10-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Works fine here also.

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Since people are opening what you posted, logic then dictates that the problem has to do with one of the images?? :hey:
Don't know why Layout and Modeler would react differently, but it's something to try.

I guess an important question would be: Are you getting crashes with other objects?

Opens fine for me. Saving to one layer.... fine.

On a related note. Do you really need all the hidden interior geometry?
I took the model down from 210K polys to 25K. Just a thought.

No I don't Just threw that together quickly. I think you right about the images. Need to find out which one is causing the problem.

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Talked with someone at Lightwave and they seem to think it has something to do with my Open Gl drivers. If I turn on legacy Open GL IT LOADS THE MODELS, but of course no acceleration. I have no issue with anything else I run including games ! Is there a way I can load new Open GL DRIVERS on my Mac? He said the reason I'm having the trouble with the other MacBook Pro is because it has an Intel card. At this point I guess I'm out of business. Any suggestions?

spherical
10-29-2015, 04:38 PM
CaptainMarlowe asked in the Mac Support forum if this came up after an OS update. That there are a couple of others reporting odd issues that came out of nowhere, I'm looking at more basic and usicersal causes than the application itself.

Separate question: Why isn't this in the original thread on the issue? It's not as if you're hijacking your own thread.

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 04:51 PM
CaptainMarlowe asked in the Mac Support forum if this came up after an OS update. That there are a couple of others reporting odd issues that came out of nowhere, I'm looking at more basic and usicersal causes than the application itself.

Separate question: Why isn't this in the original thread on the issue? It's not as if you're hijacking your own thread.

At this point I'm just so frustrated with Lightwave, that I guess I inadvertently stated a new thread! Sorry. This is really a strange problem. New OS Separate drive, even a different Mac! Can't understand what gives. Had to issue as of a couple weeks ago!

spherical
10-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Different Mac, same OS version?

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Yes, but this started on Yosemite, Then I switched to EL Capitan. The new Macbook Pro has El Capitan. I ran it on Yosemite for a very long time on my desktop MacPro 3.06 gig 12 core machine with no issues. I don't know if Apple had some upgrade to the OS that effected it or what, but I'm really over this!

Scazzino
10-29-2015, 06:12 PM
I didn't see this new thread and thought everything was working based on how the previous thread ended.

If it was working for a bit when first reinstalled, but then started having problems again, is there anything you are doing with your setup, such as selecting OGL settings or any other preferences? You mentioned you're using a massive texture library. Maybe you have something corrupted there that's causing problems once you start using it again?

What changed between when you first installed it and it was working and then it stopped working again?

Also, what are your exact steps and exact results?

If it's crashing can you post the crash log?

Vong
10-29-2015, 06:32 PM
I just loaded your file into Modeler 2015.3 and 11.6.3 and it opened fine. Saved out another copy and loaded it back in fine as well. Works in both Modeler and Layout.

I'm running Yosemite, but not the last/latest version. I'm on 10.10.3 at the moment. Middle of a project, so I'm not upgrading/updating! :D

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 06:41 PM
I just loaded your file into Modeler 2015.3 and 11.6.3 and it opened fine. Saved out another copy and loaded it back in fine as well. Works in both Modeler and Layout.

I'm running Yosemite, but not the last/latest version. I'm on 10.10.3 at the moment. Middle of a project, so I'm not upgrading/updating! :D

I wonder if that's the problem. I remember upgrading my Yosemite not long ago. I'm just over it! Don't know what else I can do.

Scazzino
10-29-2015, 06:46 PM
I opened the object in modeler 11.6.3, saved layers as object. Reloaded the object without any trouble on a 2.93GZ 12-Core Mac Pro running an ATI Radeon HD 5870 and Mac OS X 10.6.8.

I also loaded the object in modeler/layout 11.6.3 + 2015.3 on the 12-Core Mac Pro and a Mac Book Pro with an AMD Radeon HD 6750M without any problems.

I don't see any problems with the object itself. One thing you can try is to subdivide the polygons on the outer cable sheath along the length. It shouldn't matter, but they are VERY long thin polygons. You'd need to subdivide them anyway if you are going to bend the cable. Such long thin polygons can sometimes cause render issues, maybe they are causing some type of OpenGL issue on your system? It's a long shot but can't hurt to try.

Are you running one monitor off the video card or more than one, and what resolutions?

jboudreau
10-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Looks like others are having issues with El Capitain regarding graphic issues, they are also having issue with modo.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7309516?start=0&tstart=0

Does any of these other issues in the post happen on your system. Also does the hardware that's being used match your hardware

not sure if this is of any help, hopefully it helps

UPDATE: They are saying it might have something to do with metal. Is there any way of disabling that feature of the new OS?

This link below is very informative regarding the new Metal, also it's interesting to find out that OpenGL: Still lagging behind on el Capitain

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/09/os-x-10-11-el-capitan-the-ars-technica-review/7/#h1

Read the section that says OpenGL: Still lagging behind It says Windows and Linux, modern GPUs from Intel, AMD, and Nvidia all support at least version 4.3 or 4.4 OpenGL, so Apple is behind here by quite a bit since they only support 4.1 and some extensions of 4.2

Thanks,
Jason

spherical
10-29-2015, 06:56 PM
This reminds me of an issue that I was experiencing some years ago. This is gonna sound crazy... I had been plagued with crashes for some time. Over the weeks I noticed that the correlation was that the workstation would run just fine, as long as the Sun was up. After dusk and into the night, it would periodically crash. I examined every logic path I could think of to find a common denominator. I'm a diligent troubleshooter but, when I had exhausted all avenues at finding the problem; covering many weeks, I finally called MS Tech Support, explained in detail what was happening, what I did thus far and what I had found that didn't pertain. Short silence and then he said in a perfectly straight face voice: "You need new nighttime drivers." That had a timer on it, as my brain processed what it had just heard. Never did find what was wrong. It eventually went away, perhaps due to a subsequent OS update.

Scazzino
10-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Loaded, saved layers as object, reloaded in Modeler 11.6.3 on a 3GHz 8-Core Mac Pro running an ATI Radeon HD 5770 and an ATI Radeon X1900XT (with modeler running on each monitor/card) on Mac OS X 10.6.8

I'll try it in Yosemite next...

DrStrik9
10-29-2015, 07:33 PM
I opened the file you put in the other thread also, on MacPro running LW 2015.3 under OSX 10.10.5. No issues.

I also opened the model on the same MacPro running LW 10.6.3 under OSX 10.10.5. No issues.

-- We will not be upgrading to El Crapitan just yet ...

Scazzino
10-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Loaded, saved layers as object, reloaded in Modeler 11.6.3 (+ 2015.3) on a 3GHz 8-Core Mac Pro running an ATI Radeon HD 5770 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 without any problems.

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm totally out of ideas. Now what? Very tired. Gonna watch some TV! Thanks all for the help!

jboudreau
10-29-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm totally out of ideas. Now what? Very tired. Gonna watch some TV! Thanks all for the help!

From what I've been reading & researching it looks like El Capitain has this new Metal api. Also they did tons of changes to the OpenGL api

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/releasenotes/MacOSX/WhatsNewInOSX/Articles/MacOSX10_11.html

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/releasenotes/General/APIDiffsMacOSX10_11/Objective-C/OpenGL.html

Metal is a low level rendering API. Lower level and more lightweight than OpenGL. What this means is that it has less overhead, so there is increased potential for getting higher graphics performance.
To take advantage of Metal it has to be recoded in the software

It supposedly supports OpenGL 4.1 (Which is 5 years old) which could be the issue (bugs in the new OS) It does revert back to Legacy OpenGL so that might be the reason why it works when you activate legacy OpenGL in Lightwave.

There are quite a few issues regarding Adobe Software not even opening (giving off errors) issue is regarding Java, their are fixes for this

I'd say you have these options

Try installing the 10.11.1 beta version
There is a Elcapitan version 10.11.1 beta (you can download it if you are part of the beta program)

Revert back to Yosemite which many users have done (You may still have issues due to the El Capitan upgrade)

Install Yosemite from scratch

To be honest - From what I have read El Capitan is not ready for production. Too may bugs and issues. As for metal you will only get benefit from that with software that supports it.

Are there any other users using El Capitan with Lightwave?

Thanks,
Jason

Tony3d
10-29-2015, 08:45 PM
From what I've been reading & researching it looks like El Capitain has this new Metal api. Also they did tons of changes to the OpenGL api

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/releasenotes/MacOSX/WhatsNewInOSX/Articles/MacOSX10_11.html

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/releasenotes/General/APIDiffsMacOSX10_11/Objective-C/OpenGL.html

Metal is a low level rendering API. Lower level and more lightweight than OpenGL. What this means is that it has less overhead, so there is increased potential for getting higher graphics performance.
To take advantage of Metal it has to be recoded in the software

It supposedly supports OpenGL 4.1 (Which is 5 years old) which could be the issue (bugs in the new OS) It does revert back to Legacy OpenGL so that might be the reason why it works when you activate legacy OpenGL in Lightwave.

There are quite a few issues regarding Adobe Software not even opening (giving off errors) issue is regarding Java, their are fixes for this

I'd say you have these options

Try installing the 10.11.1 beta version
There is a Elcapitan version 10.11.1 beta (you can download it if you are part of the beta program)

Revert back to Yosemite which many users have done (You may still have issues due to the El Capitan upgrade)

Install Yosemite from scratch

To be honest - From what I have read El Capitan is not ready for production. Too may bugs and issues. As for metal you will only get benefit from that with software that supports it.

Are there any other users using El Capitan with Lightwave?

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks Jason. This actually started using Yosemite! I switched to El Capitan hoping it would fix the problem. What I don't understand is it ran for many months just fine. Never crashed, then it started. I even loaded Lightwave on my wife's brand new MacBook Pro, and had the same issue! Makes no sense completely different machine. Can a virus cause a problem like? I can run any other program I have with no issues!

- - - Updated - - -

Talked with someone at Lightwave and they seem to think it has something to do with my Open Gl drivers. If I turn on legacy Open GL IT LOADS THE MODELS, but of course no acceleration. I have no issue with anything else I run including games ! Is there a way I can load new Open GL DRIVERS on my Mac? He said the reason I'm having the trouble with the other MacBook Pro is because it has an Intel card. At this point I guess I'm out of business. Any suggestions?

jboudreau
10-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Thanks Jason. This actually started using Yosemite! I switched to El Capitan hoping it would fix the problem. What I don't understand is it ran for many months just fine. Never crashed, then it started. I even loaded Lightwave on my wife's brand new MacBook Pro, and had the same issue! Makes no sense completely different machine. Can a virus cause a problem like? I can run any other program I have with no issues!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok but did it start after Yosemite got updated? If so that's why I suggest re-installing Yosemite but don't update to the newest version (or the version you had on when this issue started) then install lightwave and see if the issue is still there

When this issue started with Yosemite, Did you try updating your graphic drivers, reverting back to older drivers, or an older version of the OS before upgrading to El Capitan?

What OS is on your wife's brand new MacBook Pro and what video card?

What video card is on your machine?

Thanks,
Jason

Scazzino
10-29-2015, 08:52 PM

I would suggest running a media test on your hard drive to rule out any disk corruption, with something like Drive Genius (https://www.prosofteng.com/drivegenius4/).
I would also suggest running an overnight RAM test to rule out any RAM issues, with something like Rember (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/15837/rember).
I would also run Apple Hardware Test (http://www.macissues.com/2014/03/21/how-to-run-and-interpret-apples-hardware-tests-on-your-mac/), to rule out any other hardware issues.

You can remove and reseat your video card to make sure it's making a good connection. It could be a problem with your video card, but that wouldn't explain why it's not working on your MacBook Pro too though.

I would then reinstall LightWave again and then run tests in a new test user on the stock LightWave Content rather than on any of your content (in case some sort of corruption is being introduced from your existing content). The goal is to eliminate as many variables as possible to isolate the problem.

Write down everything you do as you try to isolate the problem. Especially if it seems to be working right after reinstalling LightWave. That way it may give you clues as to what may be derailing it.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Good luck! :goodluck:

jeric_synergy
10-29-2015, 10:28 PM
So, it sounds like using Legacy OGL works: why not just go with that?

jboudreau
10-29-2015, 10:44 PM
So, it sounds like using Legacy OGL works: why not just go with that?

He says it's way too slow which it is. Have you tried turning it on it slows down performance a lot.

Thanks,
Jason

jeric_synergy
10-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Once it's loaded, can he turn it back off?

jboudreau
10-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Once it's loaded, can he turn it back off?

Not sure great idea though!

JonW
10-29-2015, 11:35 PM
It opened on my 2 GHz Mac mini OS 10.6.8, LW 11.6.3

A bit slow moving around but that is to be expected.

CaptainMarlowe
10-29-2015, 11:59 PM
If you have an NVidia card, you should try to update your drivers on NVidia's website :
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/89538/en-us

Tony3d
10-30-2015, 12:05 AM
Not sure great idea though!

Yes I can turn it back off, and I get acceleration back, and everything is fine, but I must turn legacy OPEN GL on to load my object. How strange is that! Never had issues before. Hell of it is I'm in the middle of a job.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have an NVidia card, you should try to update your drivers on NVidia's website :
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/89538/en-us

I have an ATI 5870.

CaptainMarlowe
10-30-2015, 05:53 AM
My mistake, sorry

jboudreau
10-30-2015, 07:55 AM
Yes I can turn it back off, and I get acceleration back, and everything is fine, but I must turn legacy OPEN GL on to load my object. How strange is that! Never had issues before. Hell of it is I'm in the middle of a job.

So if that's the case. It sounds like El Capitan is only supporting legacy OpenGL because of this new Metal Api and must have issue with their OpenGL 4.1

Just a suggestion but it's never a good idea to upgrade, or change a whole OS in the middle of a job. I would of probably tried to revert back to the version of Yosemite that was working for you. Sounds like Apple messed something up with the update and now with El Capitan.

I would install Yosemite from scratch again if this is possible

Another option, Have you tried booting into windows on the mac and testing it there?

On another note, It sucks that you can't upgrade your graphic drivers because they only come with the latest update in the OS Software. That sucks big time. That's just one of the reasons I wouldn't use a MAC (Just my own opinion)

Thanks,
Jason

JoePoe
10-30-2015, 08:22 AM
Hmmmm. In post #12 he says this problem started on Yosemite.... 8~.

On a related note... Yikes!

as of this post..... El Capitan in App Store....

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=130630&d=1446214651

Schwyhart
10-30-2015, 08:22 AM
On another note, It sucks that you can't upgrade your graphic drivers because they only come with the latest update in the OS Software. That sucks big time.

I'm able to check for driver updates for my NVIDIA graphics card, but it's not the graphics card that came with my Mac Pro.

jboudreau
10-30-2015, 08:38 AM
I'm able to check for driver updates for my NVIDIA graphics card, but it's not the graphics card that came with my Mac Pro.

Yeah Nvidia allows you too. The issues is this below, AMD states in there FAQ

Where can I download Mac OSX drivers?

Starting with OSX 10.5.x, AMD Radeon graphics drivers are included as part of the Apple MacŪ OS X installation. Please update your MacŪ OS X installation via Apple Update to ensure you have the latest available graphics driver.

​Where do I get an AMD graphics card for my Mac Pro system?

AMD no longer makes retail packaged upgrade graphics cards for the Mac Pro. Please contact Apple support to purchase an upgrade graphics card for your Mac Pro system.​​

So the issue is AMD only supports it's video cards in the mac through the OS only.

Thanks
Jason

jboudreau
10-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Hmmmm. In post #12 he says this problem started on Yosemite.... 8~.

On a related note... Yikes!

as of this post..... El Capitan in App Store....

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=130630&d=1446214651

Yes but only after Yosemite updated to another version. I think he needs to go back to the version that was working for him

I know the reviews on El Capitan - I mean El Crapitan are horrible.

I would never upgrade to this until all the bugs are worked out

PC all the way for me

Thanks,
Jason

jeric_synergy
10-30-2015, 08:42 AM
So the issue is AMD only supports it's video cards in the mac through the OS only.
Or Apple strong-armed AMD into doing it that way.

Never underestimate Apple's need to control everything.

jboudreau
10-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Or Apple strong-armed AMD into doing it that way.

Never underestimate Apple's need to control everything.

Oh yeah exactly, Not blaming AMD, Probably most definitely Apple trying to control things as usual

I'll stick to my PC no Mac for me

Thanks,
Jason

Tony3d
10-31-2015, 03:56 AM
Well I think I finally fixed it! Had to completely initialize my drive lay down a new OS, then reinstall Lightwave! Seems to work great finally! I want to thank each, and everyone of you including the Lightwave team for the excellent support! I'm just so glad I'm back up, and running! Spent days trying to fix this. Still don't know the cause, but one thing I'm very curious about is my recent installation of Techtool Pro. The only thing that my Mac, the other hard drive in bay three, and my wife's MacBook Pro had in common was each system had Techtool Pro installed just 2 weeks before my problems started! It was the only piece of software I installed recently. I had trouble with Techtool years ago, and swore I'd never use it again. Same thing, had to reinitialize my drive to fix the issue! It's the only thing other than a possible virus, which I don't feel I had( although I am going to scan for viruses). That I can think of to be the cause of this mess! I did this to my drive in bay 3, now I need to initialize my main boot drive. This way I'll have two working copy's on my machine. Object loads very fast now as well. Again thanks to this wonderful community for all the help! You have pulled me out of a lot of tough spots, and at 61 years old this isn't getting any easier! LOL!

jboudreau
10-31-2015, 05:38 AM
Awesome I'm so glad to hear that you got it fixed. What os are you on now? I checked into that tech tool pro and there are quite a few mixed reviews. Supposedly they had an issue with write permissions to the hard drive that is now fixed in the latest update. Others said it really messed up their system. Just curious what do you use this program for because there may be better options out there to choose from

Thanks,
Jason

Tony3d
10-31-2015, 06:38 AM
Awesome I'm so glad to hear that you got it fixed. What os are you on now? I checked into that tech tool pro and there are quite a few mixed reviews. Supposedly they had an issue with write permissions to the hard drive that is now fixed in the latest update. Others said it really messed up their system. Just curious what do you use this program for because there may be better options out there to choose from

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason, it's used as a disk maintainance utility. I also have Disk Warrior 5 which really is the gold standard on the Mac, and is 100% reliable! Techtool was running a deal, and since I already had an old version from years back I figured I'd give it another go. If I had the energy I'd slap it back on the drive I just setup to confirm this, but I really don't want to go there! Now I have the task of initializing my internal drive, and putting Lightwave there so I have two working copy's. I put El Caitan back on, and so far everything seems good. I bet if I did reinstall Techtool the same issue would happen. Like I said this started in Yosemite just days after it was install. It's making more sense the more I think about it. Can't remember what happened last time, but had to initialize that drive to fix the issue I was having at the time as well. Never again! Just upgraded to 2015, so not sure what new bugs may come from that if any. I don't use much in the way of animation tools, I basically do photorealistic rendering.

pinkmouse
10-31-2015, 08:15 AM
Tony, I've been running Macs and Hacks since the first graphite iMac. I've always just used Disk Utility apart from backing up with time machine and since I've been running Hacks, superduper (http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html). Never seen to need for anything else.

CaptainMarlowe
10-31-2015, 09:40 AM
Yeah, super duper is good. I use it for the scheduled backup of my data drive on my raid backup.

Scazzino
10-31-2015, 03:03 PM
Glad to hear you're back up and running. I figured a clean OS install on a separate hard drive would get you back to solid ground and you could go from there to see what may have been installed on your machine. I knew it would be a pain, but that's what I would have done myself too.

One tip I'd give is to keep a system log on each machine. I use a simple textEdit file on each machine where I record any hardware/software installations I do, with the dates. I also use it to record any problems I have on the machine. That alone can often point to recently installed software/hardware that may be the source of newly surfaced problems.

I use Drive Genius. It monitors my hard drives (often giving early warnings when a drive begins to fail) and has lots of hard drive diagnostic tools. I haven't run into any problems with it.

Tony3d
10-31-2015, 03:35 PM
Glad to hear you're back up and running. I figured a clean OS install on a separate hard drive would get you back to solid ground and you could go from there to see what may have been installed on your machine. I knew it would be a pain, but that's what I would have done myself too.

One tip I'd give is to keep a system log on each machine. I use a simple textEdit file on each machine where I record any hardware/software installations I do, with the dates. I also use it to record any problems I have on the machine. That alone can often point to recently installed software/hardware that may be the source of newly surfaced problems.

I use Drive Genius. It monitors my hard drives (often giving early warnings when a drive begins to fail) and has lots of hard drive diagnostic tools. I haven't run into any problems with it.

I have an older version of Drive Genius as well. Should have upgraded that Lol! In the process of initializing my main boot drive so I can install Lightwave , and have it on two seperate drives. This way I could always continue working. I'll never make the mistake of installing something on more than one drive at a time again!

Scazzino
10-31-2015, 03:52 PM
One other tip I do for emergency problems is that I keep a separate partition (or extra hard drive) where I install a clean Mac OS X and leave it untouched as an emergency backup. That way if anything ever happens to my main install I can immediately fall back to a clean known working system until I can get my main system back online.

Scazzino
10-31-2015, 03:55 PM
I also use a large external hard drive as a time machine backup so I can roll back my system or work to any previous state if necessary. You can never have enough extra hard drives, so anytime I upgrade to larger drives I keep the older smaller drives for backup systems, etc.

gerry_g
10-31-2015, 06:35 PM
I kind of like El Cap though I only have it in a laptop ATM it's a lot faster than Mavericks which I'm using now, suspect all drive issues were down to installing one OS over the other, best to do a clean install by re-initializing your HD and restoring from Time Machine all your files and setting, you can make a bootable thumb drive from the download installer by following these instructions, very simple and a lot less bother than the old Super Duper method which I used for years, all you need is an eight meg stick.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

DrStrik9
10-31-2015, 08:50 PM
Another strategy that works here is to use Synchronize Pro X, which is a backup utility that can make bootable backups. When my older MacPro was getting on in years, I exchanged the boot drives with this utility, and never had to install a single app. Just swap out one new drive for an old one, make a backup of the current boot drive to it, then repeat the process for the second drive. It took about an hour to have two fresh boot drives.

http://www.qdea.com/cgi-bin/ads.cgi?a=goog-SyncProX

Tony3d
11-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info! Pulled an allnighter last night. Finally everything is perfect!

Scazzino
11-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Great! Glad to hear it Tony!

jeric_synergy
11-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the info! Pulled an allnighter last night. Finally everything is perfect!
Got a website ?

Tony3d
11-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Got a website ?

Had one, never did me any good. Word of mouth seems to work much better for me. I do I have a few things is Lightwave's Gallery.