PDA

View Full Version : Run an EXE as an AVI through MCI device

JReble
12-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Any of you fellow computer geniuses ever come across a method to disquise an exe file as a media clip?? Or maybe link an exe to run when a particular avi is played??

I'm trying to get a presentation application to divert to another program and resume the original presentation after the secondary program completes. Unfortunately the main presentation software I have to use won't support the running of an exe within the presentation. It will, however, permit the inclusion of a media file through MCI. (AVI, MPEG) The other app I want to divert to is a different presentation compiled as a self running exe which was developed in another program that includes certain needed features. The main application has scheduling functions, so if I can run my compiled exe within the main app, I can schedule the entire routine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Fornasar
12-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Any of you fellow computer geniuses ever come across a method to disquise an exe file as a media clip?? Or maybe link an exe to run when a particular avi is played??
That would be known as a trojan horse... very bad.

I'm trying to get a presentation application to divert to another program and resume the original presentation after the secondary program completes. Unfortunately the main presentation software I have to use won't support the running of an exe within the presentation.
If the second presentation is "yours", have it recompiled.
If not, you'll have to code it yourself... it can be done quickly in Visual Basic (if you know VB) by making a wrapper for both the presentation and the .exe