PDA

View Full Version : diffuse=0

magiclight
10-26-2015, 10:30 AM
Hi!

I am doing some cel shading scenes so all diffuse is set to zero and I have lots of nodes for luminosity, it works fine but in the viewports everything is pretty much black of course so not easy to see things, I have tried to figure out a way to show it in the viewport but still have diffuse=0 in the final render but so far I have come up empty handed, any clever minds out there that has an idea how to get around it, I use VPR but it would be nicer to be able to edit in the viewports and see what I do.

prometheus
10-26-2015, 10:41 AM
if you mean you want no diffuse in vpr but in openGL?, how about still have 100% diffuse active, but use the textured channel and add a gradient set to distance to camera with enough scale so the diffuse wonīt render, it will still be seen in opengl though.

magiclight
10-26-2015, 11:41 AM
That could work, I will give that a try and see, thanks.

Every4thPixel
10-26-2015, 11:42 AM
If you want to see stuff in your viewport you should set the diffuse with nodes. This way you can leave the standard diffuse value to 100% and see things in OpenGL and things will render black.

Danner
10-26-2015, 11:58 AM
You could also add a tiny bit of diffuse or specularity (.02%) to surfaces and a few very bright lights (40000%) with all render flags off except OGL or specular

magiclight
10-26-2015, 01:16 PM
I went for a procedural texture "Value" with texture value set to 0, I guess that would be a little faster compared to a gradent, works fine now, thanks.

prometheus
10-26-2015, 03:07 PM
I went for a procedural texture "Value" with texture value set to 0, I guess that would be a little faster compared to a gradent, works fine now, thanks.

:thumbsup: yeah thought that could be an alternative too..though I didnīt test it, nor suggested it.

Marander
10-26-2015, 03:32 PM
I use VPR but it would be nicer to be able to edit in the viewports and see what I do.

You can use VPR with OpenGL overlay to be able to see opengl handles etc. I use this often when shaded / opengl is not useful, too dark etc. And in 2015 you can have multiple VPR enabled viewports.