vonpietro
10-24-2015, 10:33 PM
http://www.makehuman.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAZZQlikUQU
anyone use this?

Can anyone decipher the legal section?

Schwyhart
10-24-2015, 10:50 PM
130552I use it and it's awesome! You'll still probably need to tweak the model inside LW, but this takes off a lot of the work. This image shows a character I made using Make Human.

magiclight
10-25-2015, 02:23 AM
You can pretty much do whatever you want as long as you go with CC0 when you use your models, this should be ok for any "normal" use, render something, create characters for a game and so on, and yes you can sell it (your derivative work) also:

"We want to make clear that there is a limit to the CC0 exception. The exception is only applicable when you use MakeHuman for what it was intended for: Design a model in the GUI and export it so that you can make something of it further down the line. Specifically, the CC0 exception does not apply if linking to MakeHuman as a library, if using MakeHuman in server mode as a component in an aggregate, or if making code interventions to make mass exports. In these latter cases, there should be no confusion that the AGPL license applies."

But yes, the people that write the legal stuff on the website does not make it easy to understand, it feel like they try the best they can to make it confusing, but have a look at the FAQ, it's may help a little.

Farhad_azer
10-25-2015, 03:17 AM
Seems to be interesting.How is it different than Daz or Poser?

prometheus
10-25-2015, 10:01 AM
difference...well, with makehuman you can..
1. set different race, In daz studio you can not.
2. the age parameters are better in make human ..allowing for age above 30..in daz that isnīt possible..and with make human the underlying fat/wrinkles are presented too.
3. make human is based on real scanned humans...das studio is not....with exceptions for some newer models maybe.
4. I think the face models looks more natural in makehuman and you got options to create faces with assymetry which I donīt think daz studio has.

those are some positive stuff compared to daz.

Daz studio provides
1. better bones and rigs to export finished to lightwave.
2. posing and animation that exports to lightwave.
3. topology flow seems to be better in daz compared to makehuman.

general input output between the two programs is probably better.

there is some threads here about make human and how to get bones/rigs working with lightwave...on guy also made a tutorial on youtube on how to set that up.

Poser was such a long time I used so I will not give feedback on that.

Note..I havenīt tested the latest make human, will do that soon...nor the latest daz studio ..and only tested with 11.63 lightwave, so I would have to analyze it with lightwave 2015..probably some things not working properly.

Mike Green made this tutorial..it may not work the same with newer versions of makehuman and lw 2015 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z26nQrniWMc

Michael

prometheus
10-25-2015, 10:08 AM
And erikals made this overview of make human...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOLWIcK9U-E

safetyman
10-26-2015, 05:45 AM
difference...well, with makehuman you can..
1. set different race, In daz studio you can not. You can if you buy an some additional morphs

2. the age parameters are better in make human ..allowing for age above 30..in daz that isnīt possible..and with make human the underlying fat/wrinkles are presented too. Daz does have some age morphs built in... others you can buy.

3. make human is based on real scanned humans...das studio is not....with exceptions for some newer models maybe. This may be but Daz overall has much more realistic looking models.

4. I think the face models looks more natural in makehuman a matter of opinion sure.
and you got options to create faces with assymetry which I donīt think daz studio has. Asymmetry is present in Daz

Makehuman (in my opinion) is good in a pinch and it's totally free, but you can't beat the versatility and the literally thousands of addons for the Daz|Studio models. You can find a lot of free things on ShareCG, Renderosity, and other sites. It's a huge community.

Greenlaw
10-26-2015, 09:29 AM
I mainly use MakeHuman when I need a decent human figure very quickly for a test. IMO the quality is good enough as a base to work from for final characters too.

G.

prometheus
10-26-2015, 10:50 AM
You can if you buy an some additional morphs
Daz does have some age morphs built in... others you can buy.
This may be but Daz overall has much more realistic looking models.
a matter of opinion sure. Asymmetry is present in Daz

Makehuman (in my opinion) is good in a pinch and it's totally free, but you can't beat the versatility and the literally thousands of addons for the Daz|Studio models. You can find a lot of free things on ShareCG, Renderosity, and other sites. It's a huge community.

Assymetry in daz? havent found it, but maybe I am using a too old version 4.0?

yes of course buying in to addons is one option, but for free make human provides options daz donīt provide for free.

donīt agree about realistic models exactly, may be exceptions here and there, but what can be seen as realistic models are often more a case of very nice renderings of the models and textures shading etc which surpasses what is shown with make human, but the actual model shape is more natural with make human.

Even though I say all this positive about make human, I would say that I actually rather spend time with daz than with makehuman, user interface..featurewise etc and compability with lightwave.

prometheus
11-14-2015, 01:19 AM
been testing out make human 1.0.2 I donīt see any big improvements over 1.0.1 though, Ivé seen some tweet posts about 1.1 ..wich will offer much much more in posing, and more clothes etc.

been checking how the exports comes out, you will have to correct transperency and turn that off for the bodyskin, and reset transparency..or it will get uggly clipping in the textures...same with eye textures needs to be corrected.
it loads with uv map and color image correctly loaded, however..the maps is a bit low in resolution, and a bit awkward to edit in photoshop when the face rotated, so rotating canvas and rotating back is a bit dull.

might be able to show some pictures later .maybe saturday night or sunday night..I have been testing with the skin material too, and have taken notes of things to think about for getting subsurface scattering in there.
Ivé noticed that importance sampling and multiple scattering in the skin node will yield a lot of splotches, so for this I turn off importance sampling.

eyebrows comes as geometry and transparency maps,but it will yield some odd highlights at the eyebrown geometry..may be better to paint in eyebrowse in the texture or add fiberfx.
eyelashes comes as geometry and transparency maps too though they seem to be flipped wrongly.

prometheus
11-15-2015, 07:45 PM
was testing out the wrong versions, the nightly build is 1.1 and it has posing presets, more hair geometry, and more clothes.
also think fbx will be the best export option rather than obj, when exporting obj, you need to set it to meter so get direct correct scale in lightwave, fbx I am still testing, might not get correct scale with direct export/import, but it provides the surfacing better with no transparency map on the skin or clothes, with obj format it looks quite uggly until you fix and reset those channels.
with fbx..You still would have to correct eye transparency and hair transparency, you would also have to make clothes and hair double sided, and skin if you want to add ss skin material to behave properly.

the scaling you can always correct by absolute size and change decimals, or upon import directly.
also to note, fbx loading in layout will result in seperate meshes..not one object with layers, you can also load to modeler and let it load all segments to one layer, by unchecking the load to seperate layers.

havenīt touched setup with bones and export to fbx in this version...will test later.

I will probably start a new PIPELINE-LIGHTWAVE-MAKEHUMAN, I got one for daz3d, so I think that migth be handy too..though I am myself just a beginner with makehuman and the exchange between lightwave and makehuman.

seghier
11-16-2015, 12:32 AM
Use it with blender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYbdnPwHuQ

Marander
11-16-2015, 04:38 AM
The only pose I need is the T-Pose. Works very well for a while for me, makehuman nightly, LightWave and Genoma (before) / RHiggit Pro (now). After creating weight maps, rigging and correcting the surfaces it looks quite ok.

prometheus
11-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Use it with blender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYbdnPwHuQ

Thanks for the heads up on that, yeah..I need to install blender again, might need it if I decide to work on clothing for makehuman.