PDA

View Full Version : Words for two peoplw I respect.

shrox
10-20-2015, 06:56 PM
Commenting on a recent unhappiness in our community without being specific...

Let's put away grudges.

Let's not push out those that help others, no matter what our personal vent.

Let's unify rather than divide.

Farhad_azer
10-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Even though I don't know who are those two and what is it that shrox is referring to , I definitely am agreeing with him a thousand percent specially on saying "Let's unify rather than divide".

High Five shrox.

rcallicotte
10-21-2015, 07:26 AM
Sounds good. Thanks guys!

Oedo 808
10-21-2015, 12:25 PM
Even though I don't know who are those two and what is it that shrox is referring to , I definitely am agreeing with him a thousand percent specially on saying "Let's unify rather than divide".

High Five shrox.

I concur, even though shrox is hittin' the crack pipe so no one has any idea what he's talking about, let us all smoke Mary Joanna instead. Peace man. :yingyang:

shrox
10-21-2015, 12:41 PM
I concur, even though shrox is hittin' the crack pipe so no one has any idea what he's talking about, let us all smoke Mary Joanna instead. Peace man. :yingyang:

Oh, they know. And I've been hitting the lead pipe.

Oedo 808
10-21-2015, 12:46 PM
I dunno why but that was enough for a genuine lol, guess it's been one of those days.

50one
10-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Name and Shame! Name and Shame!

We all know anyway.

Peace / Love / Leather clothing!

stiff paper
10-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Leather clothing!
Glasgow, eh? Well, I know how to chase away Weegies. Take that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utsHE5xWges

shrox
10-21-2015, 03:31 PM

Well worn buttless chaps with sparkles.

prometheus
10-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Name and Shame! Name and Shame!

We all know anyway.

actually..I donīt, but who got the time and interest to look that up?
who are they now again:D

jeric_synergy
10-21-2015, 05:14 PM
Well worn buttless chaps with sparkles.

::sigh:: ALL chaps are 'buttless'. Geeze. --Unless you are using the word in the British sense.

shrox
10-21-2015, 06:14 PM
::sigh:: ALL chaps are 'buttless'. Geeze. --Unless you are using the word in the British sense.

Yep. Full on Gary Glitter.

jeric_synergy
10-21-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm just saying: it's redundant.

shrox
10-21-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm just saying: it's redundant.

It's about the "butt".

pinkmouse
10-22-2015, 02:58 AM
There's a pub just down the road from me, and of course, you can't smoke indorrs any more. So, of an evening, the street are littered with fag butts. Is that what you're talking about?

Luc_Feri
10-22-2015, 04:06 AM

LOL, maybe the old timers could be referred to as chaps, modern men in Britain are becoming more like women to be honest with the younger generation. :D

I must admit I've tried to be positive all the time on these forums but have slipped into a negative attitude from time to time because of the frictions. For me I can enjoy banter and disagreements but topics on forums get very polarised and defensive and it becomes a point scoring match instead of open discussion. For instance I made some comments about the way LW was marketed and people got very defensive over that. They never had to, I love LW but the way things are marketed is important to me because I believe in good morality, I can read between the lines.

lino.grandi
10-22-2015, 05:04 AM
LOL, maybe the old timers could be referred to as chaps, modern men in Britain are becoming more like women to be honest with the younger generation. :D

I must admit I've tried to be positive all the time on these forums but have slipped into a negative attitude from time to time because of the frictions. For me I can enjoy banter and disagreements but topics on forums get very polarised and defensive and it becomes a point scoring match instead of open discussion. For instance I made some comments about the way LW was marketed and people got very defensive over that. They never had to, I love LW but the way things are marketed is important to me because I believe in good morality, I can read between the lines.

Good morality is very important for us as well.

Luc_Feri
10-22-2015, 06:08 AM
Good morality is very important for us as well.

Lino, You are a great guy and I respect you, your passion and all of the LW3DG team.

I mean this sincerely, the initial marketing plan was nothing other than a panic pressure buy with an incredibly short time window and with very little substance to go on. The whole premise was to reward exisitng users of LW2015 and any new people that wanted to get onboard but they HAD to move quick. You guys listened to the user base and relented. Then you repeated the same pressure panic buy and relented again. Whilst it is good that you listened again to the user base, IMO the cards had already been dealt with the very first offer. Quite frankly the original marketing ploy was ill thought out, backfired and you have changed tactic, and it is that which damaged my opinion of LW3DG a little.

I mean all this in an honest and frank opinion from myself and I have no ill feeling to anyone in particular. I still love LW and wish you guys all the best and I will still continue to support you guys. I just wanted my feelings heard on this matter seeing as it got slated in the BLOG thread. I hope nobody in LW3DG or the forums hates me for sharing my thoughts, I too love good morality. :D

shrox
10-22-2015, 10:55 AM
There's a pub just down the road from me, and of course, you can't smoke indorrs any more. So, of an evening, the street are littered with fag butts. Is that what you're talking about?

Yes, the poor bloke with no fags is a buttless chap.

DrStrik9
10-22-2015, 12:02 PM
I have no idea who was referred to, but I try (sometimes successfully) to live by the age-old maxim, "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Attempting to do this over time changes both my behavior toward others, and how I wish to be treated.

Oh, and you spelled people wrong. Please also correct my typos. :+)

shrox
10-22-2015, 12:21 PM
I have no idea who was referred to, but I try (sometimes successfully) to live by the age-old maxim, "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Attempting to do this over time changes both my behavior toward others, and how I wish to be treated.

Oh, and you spelled people wrong. Please also correct my typos. :+)

Yes, You can't change the title in the post list.

My mom said, "If you can't say something nice, say something vague."

JoePoe
10-22-2015, 12:23 PM
For the buttless chap with no sparkles.... :D
(Depending on how "well worn" he is, the red nails may stick around :hey:.)

https://thehunt.insnw.net/app/public/system/zine_images/4648293/original/782941361628e0f9bb4fcb8d190a9334.jpg

lino.grandi
10-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Commenting on a recent unhappiness in our community without being specific...

Let's put away grudges.

Let's not push out those that help others, no matter what our personal vent.

Let's unify rather than divide.

Generally I would agree. But there are some "special" cases that really leave you with no other choice.

jeric_synergy
10-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Avoidance is a valid strategy.

If there's someone you just can't abide here, there's always this option. My forum goings are more pleasant due to this:

shrox
10-26-2015, 06:59 PM
It worked!

Maybe.