PDA

View Full Version : Parsons 3D Studio website is live!

Snosrap
10-19-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm at a spot in my website that I feel comfortable to publish it. I used Weebly because it was fast, easy and most of all cheap - as in free. :) Feel free to lurk around and drop me a line about any portion of it. 95% of the work is LW, with 100% rendered in native LW. Check it out here: http://parsons3dstudio.weebly.com/

Cheers

ernpchan
10-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Some really nice stuff on there.

Oedo 808
10-19-2015, 09:51 PM
I remember you posted a section of the picture frame before, love the work on that and the Acanthus, the coffee table render looks really nice too, would be good if you could click the image for a larger size.

vonpietro
10-19-2015, 09:51 PM
I LOVE THE MIrror frame, can you explain alittle how you created such nice details while keeping sub -d format.

congrats- it's stellar!!

Your modeling skills - are tremendous

Snosrap
10-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys. Clicking the mirror frame should have brought up another page showing the wires. Fixed now - thanks. That mirror frame was modeled in LW, I used Modo for the screengrab because in IMO it's a pretty cool looking interface.

Snosrap
10-19-2015, 10:10 PM
I remember you posted a section of the picture frame before, love the work on that and the Acanthus, the coffee table render looks really nice too, would be good if you could click the image for a larger size.

Here is a bigger picture. :)

ernpchan
10-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Not sure if it's cuz I'm doing this through my phone, but your animation links redirect to YouTube. Should they be embedded into your site?

Oedo 808
10-19-2015, 10:27 PM
Here is a bigger picture. :)

That is a larger size! :) Thanks, I love things like that, render makes me want to lean forward and touch it.

DrStrik9
10-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Really really nice work!

Lewis
10-20-2015, 12:03 AM
Nice WEB Tim, well done.

djwaterman
10-20-2015, 01:25 AM
That mirror frame was modeled in LW, I used Modo for the screengrab because in IMO it's a pretty cool looking interface.

I guessed that when looking at the portfolio, I thought, I bet he put that into the Modo screen for the client, ha ha ha. It was good to see all your stuff in one place.

allabulle
10-20-2015, 03:15 AM
Fantastic work. Congratulations!

Snosrap
10-20-2015, 08:19 AM
Not sure if it's cuz I'm doing this through my phone, but your animation links redirect to YouTube. Should they be embedded into your site?

Yep - I'd have to move up a couple of tiers in the Weebly ecosystem - $$$ - to make that happen. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I guessed that when looking at the portfolio, I thought, I bet he put that into the Modo screen for the client, ha ha ha. It was good to see all your stuff in one place. :)

Thanks everybody for your kind words!

bobakabob
10-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Impressive website, Snosrap. Love the candle... Any tips on how you achieved that? I'm working on something similar and failing.

hrgiger
10-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Looks Great Tim.

kopperdrake
10-21-2015, 02:30 AM
Cracking stuff - love the grungy detail in the modelling and texturing - you certainly have the artist's eye.

Verlon
10-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Looks really nice.

There is something painful and wrong with the idea of modeling in one application and loading it into another for the screen grab because the interface looks better.

Very nice work though.

Farhad_azer
10-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Simply perfect, did you also design the web page? the menus and colors and framing are awesome and more importantly simple. I hate those webpages that have thousands of link and u should be careful of your finger not to click bec u will be directed to another link.
I think you should keep it simple like this.

One question please, you don't seem to be as active in animation as you are in modeling/rendering. Are you? is there any particular reason for that?

unstable
10-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Awesome work!!! I like everything, especially the rusty material used on the coffee table. Must be easier to create a rust effect in Ohio than it is here in Arizona. :D Very nice work!!

Oedo 808
10-21-2015, 11:56 AM
There is something painful and wrong with the idea of modeling in one application and loading it into another for the screen grab because the interface looks better.

Especially when that other application looks more appealing in the same way that a Fisher-Price drill looks more appealing than a DeWalt drill.. but each to their own :p

Snosrap
10-21-2015, 06:45 PM
There is something painful and wrong with the idea of modeling in one application and loading it into another for the screen grab because the interface looks better. Maybe so, but I do use Modo too, just not as much as Modeler anymore. There are plenty screenshots of Layout strung about as I never render in Modo. :) Thanks for the kind words BTW.

Snosrap
10-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Simply perfect, did you also design the web page? the menus and colors and framing are awesome and more importantly simple. I hate those webpages that have thousands of link and u should be careful of your finger not to click bec u will be directed to another link.
I think you should keep it simple like this. I used one of the Weebly themes to get started. :) Thanks.

One question please, you don't seem to be as active in animation as you are in modeling/rendering. Are you? is there any particular reason for that?

No, I don't do much animation other than the basic corporate and training stuff. I stay busy enough with product design work. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when that other application looks more appealing in the same way that a Fisher-Price drill looks more appealing than a DeWalt drill.. but each to their own :p

Maybe LW2016 will freshen things up a bit. :)