PDA

View Full Version : Noob question regarding the TalkShow

Tomerson
10-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Hello There,

I'm new here at this great forum so forgive me for the noob question.
Having an internet connection with 100Mbs upload & 100Mbs download.

How many people can I have in the same time with the Tricaster Mini alone? if its possible at all?
And How many people can I have with the TalkShow? with the same internet connection.

If I understood correctly - the TalkShow stabilized the internet connection.

kanep
10-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Skype TX, the version of Skype on the TalkShow, supports a single caller at a time.

If you are talking about how many people can watch an internet stream of your production. That has nothing to do with your TriCaster, but the streaming server software that manages the steam that your clients watch. If you are running the streaming server yourself, then it would be based on how many people your streaming server is licensed for and the bandwidth of your upstream network connection.

Tomerson
10-20-2015, 12:23 AM
Thanks Kane,

The setup I would like to know what needed is getting 6-9 people on the call all together.
Each one connect from his home Skype.
If I understood correctly - You will need one TalkShow for every participate in the show? is that how it works?

Thank you

Skype TX, the version of Skype on the TalkShow, supports a single caller at a time.

If you are talking about how many people can watch an internet stream of your production. That has nothing to do with your TriCaster, but the streaming server software that manages the steam that your clients watch. If you are running the streaming server yourself, then it would be based on how many people your streaming server is licensed for and the bandwidth of your upstream network connection.

kanep
10-20-2015, 09:50 AM
You need one TalkShow unit for each caller that you want in the show simultaneously.

Tomerson
10-20-2015, 03:02 PM
How is it different than using it with the advanced edition or with the default software?
From what I understood the TalkShow make the stream be more stable.

kanep
10-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Advanced Edition adds more features to TriCaster, it doesn't change anything about TalkShow. With the next version of Advanced Edition adding NDI support, that will help with connecting multiple TalkShow units to a TriCaster all over Ethernet, leaving SDI/HDMI inputs available for other uses.

As for more stable. I would say that TalkShow will improve a Skype call. It offers features like display still at minimum quality, audio controls, color correction, aspect ratio adjustment and other features not found in the desktop Skype client.

As for saying it will make the stream more stable, I'm not sure what that means. In your earlier post you mention stabilizing the internet connection. TalkShow has nothing to do with that. If your internet connection is poor, TalkShow will do the best it can with it, but it will not improve it beyond what it is. If you have 100Mbps up & down speed, then I don't think that is something you will need to worry about. Are you talking about actual Internet access speed or what your Ethernet adapter is reporting? www.speedtest.net is a good site to test what your real-world Internet performance is.

Tomerson
10-21-2015, 05:03 AM
Hi Kane,

Thank you for the in depth reply.
I do have a fast internet connection 100Mbps up&down.
When connect the Tricaster mini to an external input - skype as an example. (without the TalkShow).
Trying to figure out Whats the difference with TalkShow and without it - a compare example.

Thanks again,
Tom

SBowie
10-21-2015, 08:45 AM
Trying to figure out Whats the difference with TalkShow and without it - a compare example.It is certainly possible to cobble together a do-it-yourself Skype-to-air solution in a variety of ways. TalkShow eliminates the need to do that, providing standard professional studio style connectivity. For multiple connections, the SkypeTX control application provides a convenient multi-call management system that is at least quite difficult to achieve by any other means.

Beyond this though, we are into subjective territory. Ideally, I'd suggest getting a live demo someplace and judging for yourself. In my experience, the video quality from a TalkShow output is much, much better than I typically experience with Skype alone. I was quite blown away when I saw the difference for the first time. Even though I was looking at the output from a $25 webcam, the video was clean and the framerate was excellent. The improvement over a typical Skype experience was immense.