PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave export options for Substance Painter?

Revanto
10-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Hi,

Has anyone who has used Substance Painter managed to set up a decent export setup so that the image maps fit Lightwave?

I've managed to get some maps exported correctly but others are kind of tricky due to the whole "map conversion" thing.

If anyone has a solid export setup, could you please show me how you set things up?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Revanto

Tobian
10-18-2015, 11:02 AM
I've been developing a substance painter conversion tool (a nodal compound) with some other users help to test it out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lightwiki/734108903361778/

allabulle
10-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Is there a way to follow the development of the tool for those of us out of that social network?

Tobian
10-19-2015, 04:43 AM
I guess I could start a thread on here? I just don't hang on out on the forums much as it's just too full of toxic bile.

allabulle
10-19-2015, 04:55 AM
Wow. I'll wait then. Thanks for posting anyway. :)

djwaterman
10-19-2015, 05:42 AM
I guess I could start a thread on here? I just don't hang on out on the forums much as it's just too full of toxic bile.

Don't desert us Tobian, we need people like you around these parts.

rcallicotte
10-19-2015, 08:43 AM
I just saw this! Thank you!!

No.....wait. I downloaded it already, but have not had time to look into it. Still, thanks!

I've been developing a substance painter conversion tool (a nodal compound) with some other users help to test it out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lightwiki/734108903361778/

spherical
10-19-2015, 03:16 PM
I just don't hang on out on the forums much as it's just too full of toxic bile.

Definitely hear that and agree. There are a fair number of knowledgeable individuals that we don't see much, if any, of lately. The thing is, if all of the individuals like yourself who have expertise to share stop coming in, the place is increasingly left to the control of junkyard dogs and more and more of us decide that it's just not worth it anymore, too. I get tired of the venom, contrariness and outright complaining about anything in sight at the drop of a hat myself and was thinking when I read someone taking the opposite position to one they took just recently that I should just do something more productive, even if it is nothing. Something needs to be done to curb this, 'cuz damn!

Revanto
10-20-2015, 05:51 AM
Sorry, but I'm not on Facebook (and don't ever intend to be). I appreciate the effort you went to but I would actually prefer it if I could just transfer/convert the maps from Substance rather than dig around in surface nodes. I'm not a big fan of nodes. The simplest thing I can do is connect a normal map in nodes. I get frustrated with anything other than the basics.

So, if anyone knows of the export setup for Substance Painter so I can transfer/convert the image maps to fit the standard surface inputs in Lightwave then I think that would be great.

I appreciate the effort made but I am looking for the basic map types.

Cheers,
Revanto

pinkmouse
10-20-2015, 07:39 AM
Revanto, nodal workflow is, IMO, the single most important update since I started with LW4.0. You really should have a play with them. ;)

MSherak
10-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Also.. (works with Substance and 3Dcoat metalness exports)

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?148172-PBR-Metalness

Revanto
10-22-2015, 03:04 PM
OK. I'm using 9.6 and I am sure that nodal texturing has its advantages. In fact, I have seen nodal magic in action. However, I would STILL like to have the option to export from Substance Painter to Lightwave using the older surface image map options.

What if I need to use them in a different program that doesn't have options like metalness or the ability to use nodes?

I may be stuck for options so, for the sake of 'near worst case scenario', does anyone know the export options for Lightwave, PLEASE?

And, if possible, if someone can post whatever is in this link ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/lightwiki/734108903361778/ ) on a site other than facebook that doesn't need a membership then I would be very grateful as well.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Revanto