PDA

View Full Version : Fiber length

magiclight
10-18-2015, 03:24 AM
I want to create some moss on a tree using fibers, and all works fine but the initial guides are far to long so I cannot scale the fibers down enough using styling/scale, even at 0% they are still not short enough, so I have to edit all the guides and make them shorter, takes some time so is there some way to set the initial guide length created when I activate FiberFX on a surface or some other easier way to do it ?

magiclight
10-18-2015, 03:51 AM
Ah, the brush mode "global" in the guide editor made it pretty easy to change all guides at the same time, so I guess that pretty much solves the problem.

prometheus
10-19-2015, 01:36 AM
do you really need fiber "guides" ? why not use just the surface?

magiclight
10-19-2015, 01:58 AM
Maybe I don't, I will try that.

prometheus
10-19-2015, 04:41 AM
Maybe I don't, I will try that.

depends on if you use a low res tree or subdiv tree, if you for instance use dp verdure to create a tree, and a subdiv tree, it might suit you to paint a weightmap where the moss is supposed to be.
set scaling to 0& and click on the texture button for that channel, add a gradient and choose your weight map ad maybe 4 for keys in the gradient to adjust a contrast from white and black that controls how much fiberfx is scaled.