PDA

View Full Version : 3D content and design collaboration of the same file between designers over the net?

prometheus
10-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Designers connecting over the net and work within a shared space on the same model design?
Truespace had such function, never tried it with anyone..but I am curious if such technology would be worth to implement in Lightwave for instance.

I have no idea on the status of truespace now, microsoft bought it and ended it, not sure it is up there anymore even, but you really want the core tech of shared workspace..not the UI of truespace to work with:D

http://www.hoise.com/vmw/06/articles/vmw/LV-VM-02-06-3.html

any thoughts & tips on other software with that approach?

Michael

DrStrik9
10-16-2015, 01:36 PM
It would have been good to have been able to try that out. I guess it's not possible anymore.

I really like this whole idea, but it brings up trust issues, contracts, asset ownership, etc., for creative parties who haven't worked together before ... but with trusted partners, (and probably contracts, etc.), it could be cool.

And of course, there's always email, zipped files, etc., but this would probably work best for people in the same company or signed onto the same project, doing "distributed workflows."

prometheus
10-16-2015, 02:29 PM
It would have been good to have been able to try that out. I guess it's not possible anymore.

I really like this whole idea, but it brings up trust issues, contracts, asset ownership, etc., for creative parties who haven't worked together before ... but with trusted partners, (and probably contracts, etc.), it could be cool.

And of course, there's always email, zipped files, etc., but this would probably work best for people in the same company or signed onto the same project, doing "distributed workflows."

if you need to work with another partner designer or company, itīs just formality issues to ensure rights or how the collaboration should be, the tech side and how it would empower two brains (or more) to work more effecient in collaboration is what itīs all about.

and truespace 7.61 is available for free ..at least on softtonic downloads, so those who wanīt can probably try it out, though I would really like all lw tools and scene tools in my hand and work with someone rather than truespace, if you can stand the UI..it can be a useful tool sometimes.

it would require both brains on each side to have some experience in the tool "lightwave" or "truespace"