PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave spline curve modeling deformers-houdini polyextrude spline curve

prometheus
10-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Well as you probably will note, houdini workflow to set up modeling tasks... is not as easy going as doing it in lightwave, on the other hand...the procedural workflow allows for more
powerful ways to adjust the curve only to deform the connected polyextrusion very nicely, and you can of course swap the geo and use whatever you want.
we are waiting for spline deformers in lightwave...arenīt we:D and perhaps modifier stack to swap and change geo.

I wanīt to eat the cake and still have it :)

https://vimeo.com/142470680

seghier
10-15-2015, 06:37 PM
thanks
nice features ; and the slider very useful

prometheus
10-15-2015, 06:43 PM
power of nondestructive workflow..once you learn what level you should be on in all nodes network etc, it has itīs advances and at the same time not as initiuve and fast going if you know what you want exactly, then lightwave is probably prefered.
Ideally is a hybrid of the easy going lightwave combined with the procedural deforming workflow and non destructive workflow of houdini...who knowīs what the future of lightwaves new stuff will bring, I doubt houdini will get rid of itīs workflow..so by looking forward..Lightwave can probably take a better route if they try and keep the lightwave workflow and feel, but manage to put in deformers and history stack or something.

I had a sneak peak and houdini crowd dynamics, pretty cool that as well.