PDA

View Full Version : SDI Audio Inputs on Tricaster Mini

NashuaCTV
10-15-2015, 03:21 PM
We recently purchased the new Tricaster Mini-SDI version. I was looking forward to using the embedded audio to capture audio from the camera microphones. After setting up my shoot using an external mixer for announcers into the analog line level input and feeding my cameras into the SDI inputs, I was unable to find the SDI audio for cameras 1 and 2. It appears that SDI audio is only available on inputs 1 and 2 if you are not using external analog audio. Given the marketing hype, I would have thought that embedded audio would be available for all four camera inputs as well as from the analog audio inputs. I would like to see a future update address what appears to be a software limitation and give us all the available audio inputs that we paid for.

stoecklem
10-16-2015, 09:25 AM
+1

This would be nice. I'm not sure how it would be implemented but i wanted to do this same thing just the other day

JPulera
10-20-2015, 07:33 AM
This is not a unique "feature" of the Mini - the ProLine models work the same way. You can have the SDI audio, OR the analog audio. Could you perhaps connect the cameras with SDI audio to inputs 3 and 4 instead if you need the analog audio as well?

Thank you

Jeff Pulera