PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Surface Preset Saving?

fgreen
10-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Now that "s" no longer saves a surface to the surface preset window (with the surface window open) how do you save one to the window? Can't seem to find an easy way.... Thanks

spherical
10-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Page 2141 of the 2015 manual: You add to the shelf by doubleclicking
on the preview, if one exists on the panel (e.g., Surface Editor), or by using the Save Preset
button found on panels supporting Presets.

fgreen
10-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Sweet, Thanks a bunch! I must have spent an hour today in the manual and on the web, but couldn't find it.

lertola2
10-15-2015, 05:18 PM
I really miss the S shortcut also. You can right click on the preview icon to get a popup menu. The first option is to save the preset. Unfortunately there is no save button in the surface editor that saves the preset to the shelf window.

prometheus
10-15-2015, 05:54 PM
Another thing that annoys me ..we canīt save out hypervoxels presets from VPR, that is bad, you would have to open viper, and that might cause crashes or at least vpr interference green patterns..but this is in lw 11.6.3 though I hardly believe
they have done something about that in 2015.

Michael

fgreen
10-16-2015, 06:40 AM
ARRRRG! I forgot they call it a "shelf". Today I searched "preset shelf" and went right to the page.

I think maybe I like that they changed this shortcut, as I so frequently would try to "s" save a model and end up making a preset instead. Double clicking the little preview sphere [or cube] in the surface panel is easy enough-- now that I know how to do it...

spherical
10-16-2015, 06:09 PM
I really miss the S shortcut also.

I don't. Pain in the butt having to clear out a bunch of unwanted presets when I didn't notice that the Surface Editor had focus.

You can right click on the preview icon to get a popup menu. The first option is to save the preset. Unfortunately there is no save button in the surface editor that saves the preset to the shelf window.[/QUOTE]

Just double-click it. Done.

jeric_synergy
10-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Missing that thing? NO. I actually made an AHK script to intercept that "s", --it was INCREDIBLY annoying. Potentially could lead to a major loss of data if a user thought they had saved but had instead created a preset. :eek:

Lertola can probably make an AHK script to reinstate it.

Greenlaw
10-17-2015, 01:03 AM
I agree...the 's' command in the surfaces panel was super annoying to me too. I was very thankful when they removed it.

G.

Snosrap
10-23-2015, 06:53 PM
I agree...the 's' command in the surfaces panel was super annoying to me too. I was very thankful when they removed it.

G.

Amen!