PDA

View Full Version : Our new showreel is live!

3DGFXStudios
10-15-2015, 03:53 AM
As the title says : Our new showreel is live!
Any suggestions, comments or criticism is welcome. All 3D stuff is LW of course ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMmzDZy5AQo

Enjoy!

pinkmouse
10-15-2015, 04:06 AM
Nice work, all LW or did you use another render engine?

Every4thPixel
10-15-2015, 04:10 AM
Nice

mummyman
10-15-2015, 04:10 AM
Clean, gorgeous work!

3DGFXStudios
10-15-2015, 04:13 AM
Nice work, all LW or did you use another render engine?

everything is rendered with Lw's native renderer except the shot where the guy is falling out of the airplane. That one was rendered with Maya Mentalray.

pinkmouse
10-15-2015, 04:16 AM
everything is rendered with Lw's native renderer except the shot where the guy is falling out of the airplane. That one was rendered with Maya Mentalray.

That shot is the one that had me confused, it just didn't look like LW. ;)

Every4thPixel
10-15-2015, 04:36 AM
That shot is the one that had me confused, it just didn't look like LW. ;)

You have great eyeballs! ;)

Niko3D
10-15-2015, 04:48 AM
Cool!

ernpchan
10-15-2015, 04:54 AM
Excellent reel!

allabulle
10-15-2015, 08:43 AM
Very good, congratulations!

3DGFXStudios
10-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys :D

mummyman
10-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks for sharing the cool reel!

Scazzino
10-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Nice job! I like the crashing copter, wish that clip was a little longer.

sami
10-15-2015, 11:40 PM
Nice reel and body of work!

but please do change the music from the 2 Broke Girls theme to something else - it cheapens your firm in my opinion and it's often better to have a custom written or at least stock music that no one's heard before - i mean why connect yourself with that show if it could harm (and assuming you didn't do their titles for that show) - obviously it will mean a new edit as you nicely timed that one... just my 2cts

3DGFXStudios
10-16-2015, 02:36 AM
Nice job! I like the crashing copter, wish that clip was a little longer.

Here is the clip with the full length. I couldn't find one with audio, sorry for that. This animation is a transition from channel ident to commercial. In this case a COD commercial. We made the whole thing in about 3 days so there wasn't a lot of time to tweak stuff or add details.

3DGFXStudios
10-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Nice reel and body of work!

but please do change the music from the 2 Broke Girls theme to something else - it cheapens your firm in my opinion and it's often better to have a custom written or at least stock music that no one's heard before - i mean why connect yourself with that show if it could harm (and assuming you didn't do their titles for that show) - obviously it will mean a new edit as you nicely timed that one... just my 2cts

Thanks for the comment. However at this point it is hard to replace it with something else because of the timing like you mentioned. I hope a lot of people haven't heard of the 2Broke Girls thing, but I've to admit that's the first thing I thought of when I saw our showreel was 2 Broke Girls and after that I thought of something else ;) You know OO ... I think finding stock music with the right amount of energy is really hard. If you never heard of the show it's a pretty snappy tune I think.

Farhad_azer
10-17-2015, 06:06 AM
This is such a great reel. congratulation.

I also liked that it is not too long and boring.

I find making showreel a big challenge so I though maybe I can ask for some tips and helps for making it (I have asked others before).

Any general tip or resource that you will definitely recommend? thanks in advance.

3DGFXStudios
10-18-2015, 03:42 AM
What I can recommend is what you already mentioned. Keep it short. You want people to want to see more. Keeping it short is one way. Don't be afraid to cut cool shots in little peaces or just use a small part of it. If you've set the right tone than imagination is a powerful thing. A soundtrack with the right amount of energy that most people will like also helps. Don't use death metal or something specific ;). Try to avoid static shots. Thing that move are a lot nicer to look at. If something is moving to slow, just speed it up.
I don't know if this helps or this is all way to obvious but this is how I look at it :D.

Luc_Feri
10-18-2015, 06:47 AM
Great reel, enjoyed it and plenty of variation, the sort of stuff I would love to work on!! :D

Someone mentioned the music, I didn't know who it was. I agree though, these days make your own, it is very easy to compile a soundtrack in Ableton that would be unique. If you want death metal, I can play most of 'Rust in Peace' MegaDeth, apart from some of the solo's if anyone needs, lol!!