PDA

View Full Version : making the silver wear move

Rizwan
10-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Ok, I have made the silver wear and drawer as 1 object. Now how do I make my characters pick up a spoon when the silver wear is part of the object?

squarewulf
10-13-2015, 09:04 PM
You could do this a few type of ways.

If you need to keep it the same object then set your fork to have a weightmap of "fork" at 100%, then in layout add a bone to your kitchen scene and position it properly inside your fork. Select the bone, hit P, select the "fork" weightmap. Then with the bone selected hit R to 'rest' the bone in place. Now your bone will move the fork.
Doing it that way would make parenting it to the characters hand a bit awkward not to mention your morph would make it weirder, i wouldn't do it that way.

I would have my fork be a separate layer or object all together, and in layout i would use the parenter modifier in the forks motion options (M) to dynamically parent it to the drawer and then to the characters hand.

jeric_synergy
10-13-2015, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure why a new thread was started but:

Any number of Objects can be children of a given Object. Your mass of silverware could be one object, or it could be dozens, all parented to the drawer. Or it could be all one Object, PLUS one separate spoon.

After that, squarefwulf pointed out some techniques.

I suggest you look at Ryan Roye's basic animation technique videos. Here's a different one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_IhPgnE6Q

djwaterman
10-14-2015, 01:18 AM