PDA

View Full Version : RESET that ignores the Channel Enabling switches?

jeric_synergy
10-11-2015, 03:30 PM
I know it's like removing the safeties from a killing machine, but:

Is there a RESET function that will ignore the Channel Enabling switchings (lower left) and force a reset on an Item?

(Probably better if there isn't, but woulda saved me a couple minutes.)

ernpchan
10-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Calling the "Reset" command through lscript doesn't accept any arguments so I would suspect "no". If your vales at 0 are your reset values you could make a script that queries your channel lock states and then applies your keyframe value at 0 at your current location in time to the appropriate channels.

MonroePoteet
10-12-2015, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "reset", but if you mean delete all keys and set key 0 parameters to 0 in all motion channels and 1 in all scale channels, then deleting the object and loading it again might be what you're looking for. Here's a script that does so.

mTp

jeric_synergy
10-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Thanks for that.

What I meant was only "Set all channels to zero at this frame (regardless of channel switches)". There are Reset functions for each channel and even a RESET ALL, but of course they obey the channel switches, which is most likely a very good safeguard. One can make a lot of work for oneself with too powerful tools.

Sad to say, if we had robust UNDO functionality, such safeguards would be a lot less needed. :(

MonroePoteet
10-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Ah, OK. Here's the script to do that. FYI, the way I generated the script was with LS Commander.

mTp