PDA

View Full Version : FReq: LWM: Viewing selected in SYMMETRY MODE

jeric_synergy
10-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Symmetry mode has a feature that, if it's on, FIT SELECTED shows you only the selected items on the +X side of the symmetry axis.

This is sorta helpful in that it gives you the most detailed look at the selected items (P/E/Ps), but I've found it's annoying as often as it's useful. Because you often need to see both sides of a face /head/ body/ symmetrical object to judge if the alteration you just made works or not.

I'd like to see this feature be an OPTION, or , because it'd be nice to switch back and forth organically, have a new "Fit Selected" that ignored the Symmetry mode. Then you could have the best of both worlds: the existing FIT SELECTED would continue to work as we are accustomed, but the NEW FIT SELECTED would show both sides, even when Symmetry mode was ON.

Suggested names for this new "NEW FIT SELECTED"??

ALT+A is open as a hotkey for this viewing feature.

Oedo 808
10-10-2015, 07:44 PM
ALT+A is open as a hotkey for this viewing feature.

That should obviously go to the as yet non-existent Fit Selected Items in One View.

jeric_synergy
10-10-2015, 08:01 PM
That should obviously go to the as yet non-existent Fit Selected Items in One View.
?? Is that different than what I described?

Oedo 808
10-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Ha, I didn't even read it :o I just saw the suggested hotkey and was like "No that's mine!" it was mostly just a joke as I have Fit All Items in One View mapped to Ctrl+C and have wanted a Fit Selected Items in One View option for a while. Your feature request makes sense though.

jeric_synergy
10-10-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm not familiar with "Fit All Items in One View", only "Fit All" and "Fit Selected".

Oedo 808
10-10-2015, 10:20 PM
It's only for unlinked viewports, I have a 1 left, 3 right configuration where the left is the perspective and the 3 right are Top, Right, Back, unlike quad view I have these viewports unlinked. Fit All Items in One View zooms only the active viewport, to the selection. It might not sound like much, but keep an eye out when modelling for a time when you want to zoom in and do something without disturbing the other views.

In fact I find that need a lot so I have numpad 9 and 6 set to link and unlink viewports so I can do this even in quad view.

jeric_synergy
10-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Yep, that would be handy. I don't even think that would need a special key, just make it cursor dependent, like SHOW ONE VIEW is now.