PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Cake

caustics
10-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Hi Folks,

it is now about a year since I signed up here and got my hands on LightWave.

What can I say ... I am very glad having taken this road and it's pure pleasure since then.

To celebrate this milestone I am dedicating this cake to all you LightWavers and specially to Rob Powers and team since there seems to be some delicious thing ready to be released out off the LightWave oven.

Regards.

ernpchan
10-09-2015, 10:57 PM
Mmmmmm....LightWave cake. Drool.

It's actually a very nice render.

sami
10-10-2015, 01:30 AM
Looks burnt! and where's the extra layer and frosting???

ahh maybe next version after the oven's architectural changes... :lol:

just kidding - nice render :)

Marander
10-10-2015, 05:44 AM
Good idea and nice render, Caustics!

And Sami you made my day LOL

pinkmouse
10-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Nice work Caustics. I like the "Technical Illustration" render style.

...and where's the extra layer and frosting???

Do you know nothing about baking Sami? You don't ice/frost a cake until it's cooled! :D

spherical
10-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Looks burnt!

It's a Chocolate and Orange Peel cake. You make divisions within the outer cake flavor with cookie cutter shapes, fill them with the second flavor/color and remove the cutters.

caustics
10-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Thanks for all feedback folks.

Did some tweaks on the mesh and surfaces and a complete new lighting setup. Turned on the bells and whistles like Caustics and Lensflares too. Perhaps a bit of an overkill but worth the try too see how it came out.

So far I am quite happy with it ... hope you like it too.

Regards.

sami
10-10-2015, 11:52 PM
Nice work Caustics. I like the "Technical Illustration" render style.

Do you know nothing about baking Sami? You don't ice/frost a cake until it's cooled! :D

130289 :p

sami
10-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Thanks for all feedback folks.

Did some tweaks on the mesh and surfaces and a complete new lighting setup. Turned on the bells and whistles like Caustics and Lensflares too. Perhaps a bit of an overkill but worth the try too see how it came out.

So far I am quite happy with it ... hope you like it too.

Regards.

Looks good - that's a nice improvement on the interior of the oven! Not sure I can condone the lensflare though - at least not without a time machine to last century ;)

Marander
10-11-2015, 02:34 AM
Yeah looks good but turn off the lensflare ring, doesn't fit.

caustics
10-11-2015, 08:24 AM
I agree on the lensflare thing ... The initial idea was to have just a little of a glow there. I'll have a look into the lensflare options if there is a way to turn off the ring and the streaks.

Regards.

bazsa73
10-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Just turn off "Central Ring".

prometheus
10-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Iīm turning 50 on the 24th of october, could have me something like that.
Did you guys know that there is a microwave oven with a brand name called Lightwave :) think Itīs under the LG corporation.
Yepp nice render except the lensflare ring should be off, and dampen the intensity too maybe.

Michael

caustics
10-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Hi, I abandoned the Lensflare thing in favor to the Volumelight. You can see the different results in the partial renders below. The Volume Light gave also some additional reflection at the oven's door frame probably caused by the higher lens intensity choosen when I was rendering with Volume Light.

Lensflare w/o Central Ring:

Volume Light:

Final with Volume Light:

One interesting thing I realized during this experience is the fact that the "Limited Render" produces an image of the size of the entire image with not rendered parts black. This is great for patching existing renders as I did compositing the patches over the previous entire render ... this saved me 1 1/2 hour of render time.

@Prometheus ... 50 candles to blow off? ... keep a deep breath man ;-)

BTW what's your favorite birthday cake then?

Regards.

prometheus
10-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi, I abandoned the Lensflare thing in favor to the Volumelight. You can see the different results in the partial renders below. The Volume Light gave also some additional reflection at the oven's door frame probably caused by the higher lens intensity choosen when I was rendering with Volume Light.

Lensflare w/o Central Ring:

Volume Light:

Final with Volume Light:

One interesting thing I realized during this experience is the fact that the "Limited Render" produces an image of the size of the entire image with not rendered parts black. This is great for patching existing renders as I did compositing the patches over the previous entire render ... this saved me 1 1/2 hour of render time.

@Prometheus ... 50 candles to blow off? ... keep a deep breath man ;-)

BTW what's your favorite birthday cake then?

Regards.

yeah..volumetric light works fine too.
Yepp 50 candles, if my lounges canīt handle all of them, I will turn my back on it..strip my pantīs and release my other lounge, though it might cause intense fire instead of putting it out :D and by that comment you canīt really believe I am 50 can you :)

favourite cake? very simple mostly, a traditionally very simple swedish princess cake..with no jelly or jam and stuff..very plain with whipped cream, Green marzipan topping, but it should be served quite cold..almost freezing, but still easy to cut through preferably..there are variations with pink marzipan, which I donīt like and some jam in it..but I prefer the above.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Cake

I could enjoy chocalate cakes too..but not too much of it, a mix with whipped cream, icecream and chocalate..but again, the simple princess cake is my favourite.

caustics
10-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Seems interesting that Princess Cake ... That foto from wikipedia looks like if it was made with soft body dynamics ... Doesn't it?

Take care.