PDA

View Full Version : making night turn in to day

Rizwan
10-08-2015, 11:37 PM
Hi,

I am making a scene in Light Wave in which I want the scene to start of at night with a night texture and then I want the night sky turn in to a blue sky texture. How should I go about it?

Rizwan

Shiny_Mike
10-09-2015, 12:04 AM
130246 Here's one way, I just setup a pretty generic scene, but it can get you started. Just play with the color/envelopes in the Backdrop -> Environments. If you don't have them already, you'll need the DP plugins (Sunksy and DP Light) available (as donationware) here: http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/main_en.htm Hope it helps!

MonroePoteet
10-09-2015, 02:33 AM
You can do a similar timelapse using the SkyTracer2 Environment in the Backdrop tab (CTRL-F5). The timelapse is done with the SkyTracer2 => Suns => Sun 1 => Sun Position tab, which I've set to 2000 (not sure what the units are) and the start time to 5am on October 2nd in Denver. I also used one of the SkyTracer2 presets (F8) for High Cirrus, put Envelopes on the cloud textures so the clouds move and change, and set the original Light to be the Moon (in SkyTracer2 => Suns => Sun 2) as a 20% dark bluish-grey color so the original scene isn't black.

Remember you need to use VPR to see the effect, or render frames using F9 / F10.

mTp

BeeVee
10-09-2015, 03:20 AM
Or you can use Sunsky from Denis Pontonnier (http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Sunsky.html)

B

MonroePoteet
10-09-2015, 08:16 AM
P.S. it appears that the units for the Time Lapse field in the SkyTracer2 Sun Position tab is a multiplier based upon 24fps. So, to get an 8-hour timelapse, set the Time Lapse parameter to (8 * 60 * 60 / (<frames> / 24)), where <frames> is the number of frames in your animation. To get a full day cycle in a 240 frame animation, set the Time Lapse parameter to 86400 / 10.

mTp

squarewulf
10-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Also worth mentioning (if you have the cash to buy it) that Octane Render's sky environment has a time setting on it that you can control with an envelope.

Rizwan
10-10-2015, 10:17 PM
The sky tracer2 plug in will not work. When ever I use the Sky Tracer2 plugin it works fine in the lightwave program but when I wonder out to a QuickTime Movie the sky will not show up in my Quick Time Movie.

spherical
10-10-2015, 10:53 PM
The sky tracer2 plug in will not work. When ever I use the Sky Tracer2 plugin it works fine in the lightwave program but when I wonder out to a QuickTime Movie the sky will not show up in my Quick Time Movie.

Try rendering to an image sequence instead. Then assemble the sequence into an animation format in post; where there is far more control and options. Should be doing that anyway; not rendering to any animation format directly.

djwaterman
10-11-2015, 12:26 AM

I think what's happening is you are rendering out with with an alpha channel, and I imagine that Skytracer, being a background effect does not produce an alpha.