PDA

View Full Version : RH Sale... 1/3 (ish) off ALL prices till mid october!

RebelHill
10-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Yep... it's SALE time around here. For the next 2-odd weeks (till 22nd oct), I'm taking ~1/3 off the price of all products and bundles (I say ~ as I've rounded a pound this way or that for "neater" prices).

http://rebelhill.net/html/products.html

http://rebelhill.net/html/bundles.html

If there's something you have had your eye on getting, or an add-on you've been wanting as an existing customer, then now is the time to dive in... Also available, ofc, are the RH Animation tutorials, which is their first outing in a sale... a true steal for the amount of training contained at the current price.

Cheers all.

chikega
10-05-2015, 11:43 AM
I have all your products and I can vouch for the quality of the training. Good stuff folks!:thumbsup:

Chris S. (Fez)
10-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Awesome deal!

Luc_Feri
10-05-2015, 04:31 PM
160 for the full bundle of pro rig and training seems an incredible deal mate, mmmm, I have paypal, I'm tempted.

allabulle
10-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Excellent products and tutorials. I wouldn't miss the sale.

Luc_Feri
10-07-2015, 04:18 AM
It seems a lot of people love RHiggit because they can stay in Layout longer. Once the rig is adjusted and created I presume all you need Modeler for is just adjusting weight maps?

I loved the face rig examples, that looks cool and intuitive!!

RebelHill
10-07-2015, 07:02 AM
I have all your products and I can vouch for the quality of the training. Good stuff folks!

Excellent products and tutorials. I wouldn't miss the sale.

Cheers much... one does one's best at these things.

Awesome deal!

160 for the full bundle of pro rig and training seems an incredible deal mate.

Yes, yes it is (well, I like to think so at least).

It seems a lot of people love RHiggit because they can stay in Layout longer. Once the rig is adjusted and created I presume all you need Modeler for is just adjusting weight maps?
I loved the face rig examples, that looks cool and intuitive!!

I'm sure that's one reason, it is certainly more practical to have as much as possible in layout. I think however that much more important is the other stuff such as the great flexibility of creation and design, letting you make your rigs to either simple or complex designs without much need to know the ins and outs of technical rigging itself, not to mention the performance of the rigs themselves and their ease of control for animators. At the end of the day... its the pursuit of those aims that are FAR more easily and flexibly served in layout that is the reason why it all happens there, rather than some preference for that side of the application.

As for the face stuff you mention, not sure which of my various face examples you're referring to... but there is currently no face rigging solution available in RHiggit! 2...

Currently.

Julez4001
10-07-2015, 07:08 AM
On that note any face rigging solution on the horizon or any new features/rumours?

Luc_Feri
10-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Ha!

Sorry Craig, I meant that sink controller with the phoneme morphs!! Rookie mistake, no rig of course! I'm no animator, I have used Genoma to play with but recently purchased the 'Animators Survival Kit' and wanted to push myself to the max.

I looked at RHiggit because whilst Genoma seems ok so far for my needs, why use a Ford Fiesta when I could have an Aston Martin. :D

allabulle
10-07-2015, 07:34 AM
(...)

For me, having someone who's not me doing the rigging is invaluable once I'm in a project with many needs and a tight deadline. But most of the time I don't have a rigger at hand. The closest thing for me is RHiggit! because it produces controllable rigs, it lets me modify or adjust at will and works a treat, and it hardly ever complains if I change my mind again or need some extra things or more rigs. And although I can rig myself, I'm not the best at it and not always enjoy it like I should. It interests me, but it tires me often mid-way into the rigging process. Having RH tools at hand makes the process fun either way. The job can be stressful enough, I don't want to worry with what I can solve without pain. :)

Julez4001
10-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Anyone check out ACS 2 for Modo
I wish we could have that icon system and hand presets.

Luc_Feri
10-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Cheers allabulle, I've read a ton of great things about RHiggit for sure that fill me with confidence.

The thing is I have the original RiggingMasterCourse for Modo and did spend time going through it but the one thing about MODO is the workflow in schematics for channel setup didn't seem to quite sink in at times. It wasn't the theory of rigging but the workflow part was mixed for me. Everything so far to date with LW it's nodal layout, Bullet, Flocking etc I love it. I love the simplicity of LW compared to other apps. I feel I want to do it in LW, not a chore. I could learn to rig modular with Genoma parts but again if the workflow is much easier with RHiggit, why not!!

My only reservations, LW2016 what will this bring in, what changes to Modeler/Layout integration, maybe new Genoma workflows, that's the only reason why I haven't quite decided. It's a toughy but then again it isn't because I feel the price is excellent and I haven't got anything to lose because RHiggit and the extra training would be invaluable. Plus no doubt if a Genoma 2.5 came out in LW2016, RH would take his rig to the next level I'm sure. :D

allabulle
10-07-2015, 08:09 AM
The tutorials were also a good refreshment for my rusty skills. And I learned many new things too. Maybe it could serve you as a translation of sorts to get you up to speed, even if you don't use or buy the rigger.
You may want to check the free ones he's put in his YouTube channel for free, to get the gist of it and to have a taste of his style. Maybe it'll suit your taste and/or needs.
You'll find the free videos link in RebelHill's signature if you feel like trying.

Luc_Feri
10-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Thanks.

I have been going through a few already, have done a while back for nodes and that. It is clear Craig knows rigging and LW like the back of his hand, explains everything concisely and is technical too, which I like.

Daphne
10-07-2015, 09:04 AM
The comment in one of the demo videos for this version about the desk lamp head movement never having been done before... ever was hilarious!!

I also had the reservation about what would a new version bring but it is always going to be like that. You get your new computer/SW/phone set up and bam, a new version comes out....

I purchased RebelHill's training quite a while ago and it was terrific. At the time, RHiggit wasn't ported to the Mac as I recall. Is it available for us Mac people now? I would love to get it.

Thanks.

3djock
10-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Purchased but still waiting for a download link.

RebelHill
10-07-2015, 11:18 AM
NC 282etc?.. You should have had a mail within the last hour asking for your lock ID.

bobakabob
10-07-2015, 01:32 PM
I have RHiggit Lite and can't recommend it enough to LW animators. It hugely increases CA productivity and takes LW as close to Maya as you can get.

RebelHill, are you still working on LW CA tools? My big request would be a biped controller selection panel. I use Advanced Skeleton in Maya and it does seem to enhance workflow. Sometimes scenes can get really busy. Thanks for a great toolset.

3djock
10-07-2015, 01:54 PM
NC 282etc?.. You should have had a mail within the last hour asking for your lock ID.

Sent but still no download think and it has been several hours.

RebelHill
10-07-2015, 05:03 PM
At the time, RHiggit wasn't ported to the Mac as I recall. Is it available for us Mac people now?

Nope... it was always fine for mac. Its all done in LS, so not OS compiled. If you "jack" LW to run on a blackberry, it'd work there too.

Sent but still no download think and it has been several hours.

It gets there eventually... fish gotta swim, bird gotta eat.

3djock
10-07-2015, 05:42 PM
never mind.

vipvip242
10-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Hi,
I would like to quickly adapt CMU Collection BVH mocaps to any biped caracters and i've read on some old posts that RHiggit was a pain for that: did the new version make the job better ?
Does exist a tutorial in the pack included about that subject ?
The goal would be to do the job as quick and simply as possible (and the ability to reuse with a few-click operation the bone's names connection from one bvh to another with the retargetting option)...
Thanks

Kryslin
10-08-2015, 12:32 AM
As someone who has beat on RHiggit2 until it broke multiple times, I'll recommend it as a pretty handy tool for rigging and animation. Also, the training videos are top notch.

The trick, I discovered, for the CMU mocap is to make sure that your base pose is close to the starting pose of the mocap data, and to figure out what bones match up between RHiggit and the CMU rig. There are examples in the RHiggit2 thread down in the 3rd party forum.

vipvip242
10-08-2015, 02:51 AM
thanks Kryslin

RebelHill
10-08-2015, 06:24 AM
The big problem with having the cmu stuff work out is the naming. Those cmu bvh's have terrible naming, what's named "knee" isnt actually the knee, etc. Once you get the parts correctly assigned though, it all works just fine.

vipvip242
10-08-2015, 06:32 AM
ok thanks - I didn't have checked in detail the CMU's bone naming . if the correct renaming is done for one of the bvh and after be directly applied to the other ones, it should be great !

Marander
10-08-2015, 08:33 AM
I have a couple of questions:

Are the Rigging Tutorials also helping with Genoma Rigging?

I find Genoma very intuitive. What are the advantages of RHiggit vs Genoma2?

I have RHiggit Lite but I have to admit I didn't use it much yet. What is better in RHiggit Pro?

Do the tutorials also cover IKBooster?

The prices on the purchase page already include the discount?

I have already the Nodal Tutorials and they are very good. The Animation tutorials interest me the most (based on the foundation videos) but I'm not sure about the Rigging ones.

kei_ch
10-08-2015, 09:13 AM
It's been 14 hours since I bought RHA.
But I'm still waiting for Notification of Payment from rebellhill.net.
Something went wrong?

Thank you.

jeric_synergy
10-08-2015, 09:58 AM
It's been 14 hours since I bought RHA.
But I'm still waiting for Notification of Payment from rebellhill.net.
Something went wrong?

Thank you.
For small companies, I'd say give them at least 24 WEEKDAY hours before you start worrying. Often the whole company can fit on a motorcycle.

Daphne
10-08-2015, 10:13 AM
For small companies, I'd say give them at least 24 WEEKDAY hours before you start worrying. Often the whole company can fit on a motorcycle.

There is also the timezone issue.

kei_ch
10-08-2015, 07:21 PM
I got a mail.
I'm sorry about that.

RebelHill
10-09-2015, 06:06 AM
Are the Rigging Tutorials also helping with Genoma Rigging?

Its got the stuff from genoma 1, none of the specifics for genoma 2... but if you want to use genoma 2 to make custom stuff, you have to know how to rig manually... which is pretty much the whole of the training.

I find Genoma very intuitive. What are the advantages of RHiggit vs Genoma2?

Tons... the rigs are cleaner, faster, offer better deformation, are easier and faster to aniamte, have dedicated animation tools to further speedup workflow, allow you to customise control systems in a few clicks, and so on and so on.

Just one ting, for instance... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qND9rb2juUA (oh... and its all in layout).

I have RHiggit Lite but I have to admit I didn't use it much yet. What is better in RHiggit Pro?

Perhaps you should try it... and principally custom modular rigging and mocap retargeting.

See... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xz9dhe-U78
And... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x83r9J0OI4

Nope.

The prices on the purchase page already include the discount?

Yep.

Cheers.

Marander
10-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Thanks RH!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks RH!

jeric_synergy
10-09-2015, 08:32 AM
For current practices with IKBooster, look into Ryan Royce's tutorial series:
http://www.liberty3d.com/citizens/ryan-roye/ryan-royes-videos/

chikega
10-10-2015, 09:38 AM
While some of you are waiting on the order to process, why not start viewing some of the videos online in the meantime? The Foundations portion of RH Rigging and RH Animation tutorials are on Youtube along with various other videos to keep one occupied for hours.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkf0GyZiUAj-az1iIeL0wdg

Marander
10-10-2015, 11:18 AM
OK RH, convinced I'm in!

Fully equipped with the latest and greatest and lots to learn...

Julez4001
10-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Its a lot to learn, if you get past the (free) foundation parts you are a winner as Rebel has added a ton of videos.
Where does he find the time to make all of the videos, dunno but it is a great investment.
You purchase the full video, go ahead and take a month off he really delivers the training.

Reminds me of the ol' days of Project Messiah .... (sniff)

Julez4001
10-10-2015, 01:33 PM
... fish gotta swim, bird gotta eat.

Hey hey ..... that's the line from the Pelican in Finding Nemo. :D

dsol
10-11-2015, 08:05 AM
As someone who knows next to nothing about rigging (beyond the basic theory), but is really keen to get more into Unreal Engine game development, I was wondering if the rigs created in Rhiggit are going to be compatible with UE4? I know LW has decent support for Unity these days, but not so sure about Unreal. Sorry, as I said - rigging is an area I don't know that much about. I'm trying to work out if I should just buy your tutorials, or go for one of the bigger bundles with Rhiggit Pro

chikega
10-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi Dan,
Here are some threads concerning LW and Unreal:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?147416-Character-and-Animation-into-Unreal-Engine-4

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?144607-LW-2015-FBX-gt-Unreal-Engine

Chilton "ConjureBunny" would be a good person to ask as well. He's well versed in Unity but has been picking up Unreal lately too.

dsol
10-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Thanks Gary - I'll get busy educatin' myself :)

RebelHill
10-11-2015, 06:47 PM
I was wondering if the rigs created in Rhiggit are going to be compatible with UE4?

Obv, knowing the stuff contained in the rigging tuts for yourself is always advantageous... but as for RHiggit, sure. Its basically the same story as for unity... Use the null/deform based rigs, use expicit weights, and once animated, use the motion baker to bake the skeleton and strip the controls, as seen here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQeWfXi6ZEI&t=02m32s

Luc_Feri
10-13-2015, 04:16 AM
I think I'll stay on the fence, too many unknowns about future LW2016 and beyond right now for me. It is best for me to learn Genoma 2 and see how far I can push this first before I decide what limitations I find at my end.

I have watched a ton of videos from RH on Youtube though. I appreciate these videos a lot Craig. I do have ACS rig in Modo so that is a big reason for me to sit on the fence. I haven't had the time to dive into animation as much as I'd like so maybe I'll find a workaround using MODO and bake out the .mdd files from there.

kyuzo
10-13-2015, 06:40 AM
It had been years since I bought the rigging training, and decided to upgrade it. While I was at it, I took a look at what else Craig has been cooking up, and was very impressed with the RH Animation pack too, so I got that as well. I've only just scratched the surface, but there is a gargantuan amount of training and information for a very reasonable price. (I'd go further and describe the price as 'like stealing' from Craig, but I'm afraid he'll put his prices up.)

Today I looked at the free Rhiggit downloads of the Rigging and Animation toolboxes. I can see they've got so much potential when animating, I felt guilty that they were free, so I've just gone and bought Rhiggit Lite as well...

Thank you Craig for sharing your knowledge.

Derek

RebelHill
10-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Very grateful for all the positive response so far... I hope those of you that have jumped on something are pleased with your products.

For everyone else, let me throw in the reminder that there's ONE WEEK left of the sale to go.

Cheers.

Marander
10-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Very grateful for all the positive response so far... I hope those of you that have jumped on something are pleased with your products.

For everyone else, let me throw in the reminder that there's ONE WEEK left of the sale to go.

Cheers.

Yep, downloaded today and very pleased with the amount of content, specially the project videos.

The only thing I'm missing is... TIME :)

Cheers

jeric_synergy
10-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Yep, downloaded today and very pleased with the amount of content, specially the project videos.
Marander, which package did you get?

Marander
10-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Marander, which package did you get?

I got the RHN package a while ago, which is VERY good. Also had RHiggit Lite which I didn't really use. Now in this sale I got the whole rest, RHR, RHA and RHiggitPro. Don't know how to use it yet but I'm looking forward to learn it.

Edit: I went through some of the RHA free foundation videos a while ago and I found them very interesting (e.g. principals of animation etc.). RH is really a master in this subject!

Daphne
10-17-2015, 09:46 AM
If we have a previous version ( I have an old version of RHR), can I upgrade to a bundle (Animation Pro) or do I need to buy everything separately to get the upgrade discount?

I was going to wait a bit to get RHN but Marander has talked me into it too now ha ha.

Thanks!

RebelHill
10-17-2015, 10:24 AM
There's not a direct such discount for the bundle for that circumstance (end of the day I could wind up with a hige web of varying and by extension confusing prices if that were so).

What youd want to do, to account for bundling discount, and discount in respect of your original RHR purchase is to buy the three items of the bundle separately, choosing...

RHR (2), upgrade for RHR owner
RHiggit, addon for RHR owner
RHA, addon for RHiggit owner.

Cheers.

Daphne
10-17-2015, 07:02 PM
I appreciate it RebelHill but for some reason, it isn't working. I purchased RHR this morning and it was all good but when I try to buy Rhiggit Pro, I am getting the error "PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem." I have selected "Addon for RHR" and included both my dongle and user/password.

I've tried multiple times throughout the day, restarted Safari and even rebooted my Mac. I can't imagine what the issue is.

Just for the heck of it, I tried buying the single license of Pro to see what would happen. It came up successfully so its just the Add on choice it doesn't like.

RebelHill
10-18-2015, 05:07 AM
I have no idea why thats the case... esp given the fact that (in terms of the setup on paypal from my end) they're all just the one product but with "options" on price. Also, I've had other purchasers, including during this sale period, buy on that option, seemingly without issue.

Anywhichway... if its not working for you, I'm unsure why or how to fix it, so I think the only workaround thats immediately obvious is if you want to use one of the higher priced options (lite>pro upgrade, or full pro) and I'll just refund you the difference back once it lands here.

Cheers.

Marander
10-18-2015, 05:36 AM
Must be something (maybe temporary) in Paypal in my opinion.

Last week I was able to order and pay per paypal successfully:

- RHiggit Lite to Pro Upgrade
- RHR Upgrade for RHiggit Pro owners
- RHA Upgrade for RHiggit Pro owners

Edit: I would try the purchase again at a later time.

Daphne
10-18-2015, 07:32 AM
My internet has been down and will be for days it appears since the tech can't come out till the end of the week..... so I am only able to get on now by hot spotting my iPhone so I'm taking the path of least resistance.

Thanks for the offer RebelHill, I took you up on it and was able to purchase the full Pro version along with everything else. I took that option since I knew it would go through. Everything else worked just fine, it was just the one option it choked on. No clue why but I'm good now and going back to being completely unconnected to the world until further notice ha ha!! Thanks again!!

rcallicotte
10-19-2015, 07:04 AM
Still time to buy on this sale?

RebelHill
10-19-2015, 07:10 AM
Yup... till sometime friday.

spherical
10-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Yup... till sometime friday.

Careful. Some will say that you're beginning to sound like LW3DG; being vague and all. JUST KIDDING! :D We just ordered RHA last night, so now we have the full complement; RHiggit Pro, RHR, RHN, RHA. Only thing lacking now is time to go learn it all. :) Thanks for the great stuff and for the great prices!

RebelHill
10-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Okie dokie... coming up on the last chance. I should get round to putting prices back to normal sometime friday morning, so for those still after something shiny... now's the time.

Cheers all.

jeric_synergy
10-21-2015, 07:23 PM
DONE! Looking forward to it.

dugieth
10-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Purchased Animation Pro bundle and looking forward to using it.

RebelHill
10-22-2015, 03:33 PM
I hope you shall enjoy it all very much.

Waves of light
10-22-2015, 03:59 PM
RHA purchased. Only just noticed this thread. Thanks for the offer Craig.

DesertRat
10-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the sale RebelHill - purchased RHA.

Daphne
02-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Having been buried on a project, I'm just now getting a chance to finish downloading.

There were issues with some files not unzipping before so I downloaded those sections again but am having the same problem and wanted to know if it is just me.

On the Animation training, the Content files are fine but when I tried to unzip everything else it creates a cpgz file which then becomes a zip file when I try to extract it. Rinse and repeat. Same thing on the Rigging training (Foundations and Content were fine.)

I am on a Macbook Pro and also tried using Terminal which indicated lots of bad zipfile offsets.

Since it failed in Safari, I tried Chrome with the same result.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks as always!

Vong
02-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Have you tried using The Unarchiver (http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html) to extract the zip files?

I've found that OS X's built in archiving tools don't get updated enough to stay up to date with the PC world.

BTW, the words The Unarchiver above is a link, in case it's not very apparent! :D

Daphne
02-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Hey Vong,

I hadn't tried The Unarchiver but did today. It worked beautifully. Thanks so much for the tip!

Can't wait to watch the videos, Rebelhill is incredibly knowledgeable on the topic plus he in entertaining which is an added bonus!

Have a good one!

Vong
02-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Glad that it worked for you!