PDA

View Full Version : Modeling workflow: adding points to existing spline AND moving them in the same op

jeric_synergy
10-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Is there a tool that allows you to:

add points to an existing spline and
immediately move them to the desired placement
without changing tools?

ADD POINTS does an admirable job of just adding points, but like similar tools in drawing applications, it would be nice to add and move in one operation, one clik-n-drag.

IMPLEMENTATION: click on the Curve, hold down, and drag.

erikals
10-03-2015, 03:51 PM
possible today? > nope
wanted? > yes

http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

Sensei
10-03-2015, 03:58 PM
without changing tools?

No. That's not possible and never will be possible. There can be only one interactive tool active at the same time. Currently active interactive tool is stealing the all mouse and keyboard events.

ADD POINTS does an admirable job of just adding points, but like similar tools in drawing applications, it would be nice to add and move in one operation, one clik-n-drag.

This is what is doing EasySpline's Spline Point (http://www.easyspline.com)..

prometheus
10-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Px_bezier lets you click on a curve to add point, not dropping the tool but clicking again on that point allows for moving of the point, not exactly what jeric is aiming for perhaps..but still.

jeric_synergy
10-04-2015, 05:35 PM
I was thinking more generally, but: can you extract that Curve from out of Px_Bezier?

Still, it'd be better if it were supported natively.

prometheus
10-05-2015, 07:45 AM
I was thinking more generally, but: can you extract that Curve from out of Px_Bezier?

Still, it'd be better if it were supported natively.

support natively..yes agreed.

donīt know what you mean by extract that curve out of px_bezier? once you are finished and drop it ..it will be editable in order to add points as with native curves and to move and edit, and save and reload.

what you can do in px_bezier however... that is to save out the curve as a preset path, that can be loaded back again, sort of a cheap lw cad reload of shapes or paths, one thing that I would like to see though, that would be the option to use any curve created with native lw curves and be able to pick them up within px bezier, that is not possible as I know of today.
The px_ saved paths will have an cfg extension and you have to name it properly of course.
You will find save and load path in the setup tab in the tools menu.

hrgiger
10-05-2015, 08:56 AM
LWCAD can add points to a curve and you can move the point along the spline without dropping the tool. And with a right click you can repeat the operation as many times as needed.